Sponsored

Non-GT Performance PKG A10 Differences?

Raven15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28 Camaro
Just wondering if a GT Premium A10 car that does not have the GT Performance Package but does have the 3.55 Limited Slip rear axle has any less performance ability than a car WITH the PP as far as the drag strip goes?

I know there are brake differences as well as tire/wheel differences but what about the functions such as line lock, launch control, etc? Would they perform the same at the strip?

I'm looking at two different A10 cars - one with and one without the GT PP - and as hard as it is to believe, the salesman does not know the answer. :crazy:
Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
the Ford web page lists all that comes with the PP1 and I personally think is a good deal for what you get and it's base model requirements especially on the PP2

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It has a clutch pack limited slip instead of the torsen, which is actually better for drag but not as good for cornering. The dampers for the PP will be better at controlling weight transfer for putting power down too, but for drag you'd want to go aftermarket there.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Not sure about PP vs Non-PP but Magneride (which requires PP1) definitely seems to help.

OP
OP
Raven15

Raven15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28 Camaro
Neither car has magnaride. The non-GT PP car does have active valve exhaust. Both have the 3.55 rear axle.

Just wondering about the electronic bits especially the Line-Lock and Launch Control - will both cars have those or are they specific to the GT-PP1 package?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Both cars have that. Standard features.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I went through this mental process few weeks ago. I did not want to spend the 4k initially and just find a 301a with black accent and 3.55 to save a little. I knew I wanted to corn tune the car. But, I wanted all the traction, braking, and handling help I could get. After driving both the pp1 was a no brainer and cheaper in the end. Plus I want a break from modding cars. IMO the car just looks 100% better with staggered setup. My 2 cents.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Ecoboost comes with line lock too if that's important to you

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Just wondering if a GT Premium A10 car that does not have the GT Performance Package but does have the 3.55 Limited Slip rear axle has any less performance ability than a car WITH the PP as far as the drag strip goes?

I know there are brake differences as well as tire/wheel differences but what about the functions such as line lock, launch control, etc? Would they perform the same at the strip?

I'm looking at two different A10 cars - one with and one without the GT PP - and as hard as it is to believe, the salesman does not know the answer. :crazy:
Are you looking to own both a Camaro and a Mustang? Won't that get you in some sort of trouble?:lol::lol:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raven15

Raven15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28 Camaro
I went through this mental process few weeks ago. I did not want to spend the 4k initially and just find a 301a with black accent and 3.55 to save a little. I knew I wanted to corn tune the car. But, I wanted all the traction, braking, and handling help I could get. After driving both the pp1 was a no brainer and cheaper in the end. Plus I want a break from modding cars. IMO the car just looks 100% better with staggered setup. My 2 cents.
Thank you - and I agree about the look. The non-PP car is Royal Crimson and has bright finish wheels with 265's all around. The PP1 car is white with the black wheels and I do like the staggered look as well but especially the black wheels.

Both are GT-Premiums but the non-PP car is a 400A and the PP1 car is a 401A so with the PP1 and the 401A it is a lot more expensive car although the non-PP car does have active exhaust.

OP
OP
Raven15

Raven15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28 Camaro
Are you looking to own both a Camaro and a Mustang? Won't that get you in some sort of trouble?:lol::lol:
Haha - well, it could but I am considering selling or trading the Z.

It's a bad ass car for sure but I've had it about 2 years now and want something different plus I would really like to get the A10 for the strip. Shopping for now but you never know.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I don't know for sure but it appears that the rear suspension upgrades on the PP cars helps reduce or eliminate wheelhop. I have a non PP model with the 3.55 and it hops badly on the 1-2 shift when using drag mode. I don't hear the guys with PP having as much of an issue with that.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Thank you - and I agree about the look. The non-PP car is Royal Crimson and has bright finish wheels with 265's all around. The PP1 car is white with the black wheels and I do like the staggered look as well but especially the black wheels.

Both are GT-Premiums but the non-PP car is a 400A and the PP1 car is a 401A so with the PP1 and the 401A it is a lot more expensive car although the non-PP car does have active exhaust.
Consider a base GT with 301A, PP1 and A10. Good price, and will hit all the things you need, but be lighter and cheaper.
Sponsored