Non-Ford Touch opinions?

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
What are yalls opinion on the Non-Ford Touch radio and just the classic sync. I am trying to keep the cost of the 5.0 down as much as I can. I haven't really seen good enough pics of the regular sync system. I could care less about the leather seats, but the ford touch is just super nice.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
That is one of the decisions I will make when I get a chance to actually test drive the car, along with which seats. Pictures alone aren't enough.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I think you will be happy with it, sitting in a car with the base interior I'm sure will surprise you. It will always look a little cheap when comparing pictures. But once you sit in it, It will be a lot more acceptable.

But I agree the ford touch and nav w/ the look it provides and the added effect of the toggles are worth it to me. Plus the overall look of the premium looks awesome and just prefer it. However if cost were more of an issue to me, I would be happy with the base interior. It's not much different than my GTI, which I am very happy with.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I'm sure companies like Scoche will come out soon with a frame that lets you put in an aftermarket double din head unit to achieve the same look.

DMassey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I just wish Ford would have put a little more style/design into those buttons. The appearance is my biggest gripe. Look at an F-150 with the base SYNC head unit... the buttons look very nice there.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Personally all other features aside I think a Premium is worth it just to get the updated dash. There are over 40-50 buttons on the base and to me it just doesn't look good.

Like all the design effort went into creating the 8" screen and then the interns were left with the base dash...

bwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang Premium GT
I'm in the same boat as you. I've looked up videos on youtube, ford app link, and the videos are demos of how it works. It's the same small blue screen that comes in the base GT. It gets the job done, it just doesn't look as pretty as the touch screen.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
What are yalls opinion on the Non-Ford Touch radio and just the classic sync. I am trying to keep the cost of the 5.0 down as much as I can. I haven't really seen good enough pics of the regular sync system. I could care less about the leather seats, but the ford touch is just super nice.
My '13 Focus SE has the basic Sync system. This is, as far as I can tell, the same system that will be installed on the base '15 Mustangs. I have to say that it works very well. The interface isn't as flashy as the MFT interface, but it still has full Sync functionality, incl. voice commands.

NorthernProducer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOHN
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, 2019 F150 Lariat, 2020 CT5, 2019 C7
Interesting discussion, but if I could choose...I'd make Sync optional. I've had 4 Ford products with Sync (including basic Sync and MFT) and can't say they perform as well as "advertised". I won't get into all the issues, but given my experience, I think Ford should make this feature an option and let the customer decide if he/she wants it.

Steve-OO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
truck
You could try something along these lines:

[ame]

:):):):):):)

Sponsored

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
I have sync in my 2010 ford focus. I know there are issues with some of the systems, I am not denying that, but I have not had any issues with mine aside from 2 isolated incidents. They were one time things that never repeated themselves. Maybe I am using it wrong? lol I wouldn't worry about the functionality of the basic sync setup.

NorthernProducer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOHN
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, 2019 F150 Lariat, 2020 CT5, 2019 C7
Steve-O...that is the best solution for "replacing" Sync/MFT. My son works for Apple and agrees a Sync to iPad interface makes a lot of sense. Also, Tesla seems to have embraced all things iPad...Google it for more. Now if we could just fit the iPad mini into the new Mustang...

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I hate the base radio. The number pad and tiny screen make it look like a video phone from the 90s.

I will probably get the premium just to get the better looking dash.

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I hate the base radio. The number pad and tiny screen make it look like a video phone from the 90s.

I will probably get the premium just to get the better looking dash.
Amen to that. I went with the premium partly because I knew that I would be absolutely sick if I had to look at the base dash for very long. MFT may or may not work as advertised, but I think I can live with it. And if the Ford electronics pixies will smile on us, we may get a software update that will integrate Apple's CarPlay (or any other interface, if they will make the system UI agnostic).

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
It will depend on what they've done to the usability of MFT. Personally I would rather have something less pretty and easier to use than a beautiful 8" color screen that's a pain to use. If I have to go menu levels deep to change volume or fan speed, I'll be getting the base interior in a heartbeat.
Sponsored