Sponsored

No love for FRPP supercharger?

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Doesn't seem to be too popular of a FI option around here. Any technical reason for that other than price?
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
For the money you can get so much more.

BG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford F150, '17 Lincoln MKZ
More people lean toward Whipple for PD blowers, seems like a great setup. You can get a lot right from Whipple without going elsewhere to upgrade.

Technically, I don't think there is anything wrong, grinding the block is a problem.....except for Ford and Roush engineers who spent thousands of hours testing the system.

Roush/ Ford Racing will perform great when you get a more aggressive tune. Turbo seems to be the absolute fastest, but Ford Racing/ Roush is fine for the average DD street car. There is a new TVS 2650 coming soon, as well as a new Whipple setup for 2018+.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I like my set up just fine. I never intended to have the Roush calibration because I always read it was pretty lame. The Lund tune I have in this thing has it running very strong and smooth. Everybody claims their supercharger is the best, I don't get involved in that stuff. I won't say that mine is the best because I never had any of the others, and there is no way I can say that any of the other brands are junk, either. Because clearly, they are not. I'm more than happy with my Roush/Ford Racing SC, but I'm sure I would've been equally as happy with a Whipple, ProCharger, Paxton, VMP or whatever. I CAN say that I got to see first hand a ProCharger set up in a friend of mine's car he just recently installed. Looked real good, and runs very well.

Crumpler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP DIB SC
Roush /Ford Superchargers have great factory build quality and tune. The tunes are very conservative at lower RPM's (like under 5000). I have had one with both auto and manual transmissions. They are both safe feeling....But my whipple is more fun :) if i had to tell my dad to buy a blower I'd go totally safe with Roush. For my car buds, Whipple with good tune.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the Ford Racing Phase 1 kit on my car, with no regrets or complaints. I went with the FR kit because of comments I had read regarding the Roush tune. I like the fact that it was a Ford Performance product and serves the intended purpose this 53 year old wanted.....a super quick street car with no racing aspirations (street or strip).

I particularly like that it looks like a factory install. Yes, there are some odd modifications that have to me made (cutting the K-brace and grinding the block) so I would not recommend for anyone who intends to take their car back to stock, at some point.

1quickfoxbody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 foxbody
I work at a ford dealer and we install the Roush Phase 1, main reason warranty... but when warranty is out people can still upgrade to 727 hp.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
roush phase 1 is super popular. thats basically the same as FRPP

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Only real difference, that I know of, between Roush and FRPP is the tune. Roush you send your ECU to them to flash. FRPP the tune is downloaded by the installer. I have the FRPP kit but I bought the extended warranty through Roush.

1quickfoxbody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 foxbody
Only real difference, that I know of, between Roush and FRPP is the tune. Roush you send your ECU to them to flash. FRPP the tune is downloaded by the installer. I have the FRPP kit but I bought the extended warranty through Roush.
Here at our dealer we are Roush warranty approved so we are able to download the programming for the flash ecu update.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here at our dealer we are Roush warranty approved so we are able to download the programming for the flash ecu update.
I understand that you can do that as a dealer. However, I understood the tune from FRPP was also somewhat different from the Roush tune....HP the same but maybe some of the parameters are changed?
Sponsored