Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Tried that also. Also different browsers. Still a no go. I am assuming that when you press the "Start SYNC Update" it should download the update files to your computer, right?
I had the same problems, but got it to work today by logging out, then clicking on button that I forgot my password. This leads you to a screen where you enter your email and they send you a temp password. Then I was able to log in and download the update.

I think my Ford account was corrupted and somehow asking for a new password reset things so I could do the download.

The update went fine. Waze is within Android Auto. You have to have Waze running on you phone and then Android Auto. In AA, on the bottom left there is a drop down arrow by the Nav/Maps icon. Press this and it lets you pick Waze or Google Maps. Waze then comes up on the Sync screen and you can interact with it through you Sync screen.

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
Just to correct you a tiny bit... you don't need to have Waze running on your Android mobile - but it does need to be installed, and configured with your favourites and preferences.

When you run Android Auto - it is able to call up Waze as a map option, which is run through your mobile phone - but it is all in the background, and you don't have to manually launch Waze prior to plugging your mobile into the car.

iPhone users don't run Android Auto, and Waze is not supported by Apple Carplay - but Waze can be run as a Sync3 app; which does require Waze to be launched on the iPhone and kept as the active on-all-the-time window to keep working.

Hope this helps clarify.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Tried that also. Also different browsers. Still a no go. I am assuming that when you press the "Start SYNC Update" it should download the update files to your computer, right?
no not right away...after the 'Begin SYNC Update' theres a new page that opens with the instructions on how to do it, at the bottom of that it says start download.

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
no not right away...after the 'Begin SYNC Update' theres a new page that opens with the instructions on how to do it, at the bottom of that it says start download.
Yes, for me after you click "Begin SYNC Update" it does go to a page that says "SYNC Software Update" at the top, but the page is all grayed out and that blue/white loading circle appears and nothing happens.

But I just found out the issue. I turned off my adblocker and that fixed the issue :headbang:

Sponsored

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
Anyone have an issue with the "SYNC can connect to Wifi" popup every time you start the car? Any way to get rid of it other than turning off the wifi?

Sponsored

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Anyone have an issue where even if you have the update on your USB, it does not come up when plugged into the USB port? I only have tried one flash drive right now. I know the flash drive works, but SYNC does not start updating. Could it be that I am still 2.2 and need to go to 2.3, then to 3.0?

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Anyone have an issue where even if you have the update on your USB, it does not come up when plugged into the USB port? I only have tried one flash drive right now. I know the flash drive works, but SYNC does not start updating. Could it be that I am still 2.2 and need to go to 2.3, then to 3.0?
Did you wait for at least 5-7 minutes after you inserted the flash drive? That’s how long it takes before you see any message that an update is in progress.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
The message doesn't appear until the tarballs have been extracted from the drive to the APIM.

If you're using exFAT stop. Format it with FAT32. On some drives the exFAT formatting will potentially slow down the read speeds to 100 kBps or less.

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Did you wait for at least 5-7 minutes after you inserted the flash drive? That’s how long it takes before you see any message that an update is in progress.
No, I did not wait that long. The instructions said that it should come up almost immediately. I may give it a try again today, see if it pops up after a few minutes. Just to make sure, it took 5-7 minutes just to detect your flash and acknowledge that there is an update on it? You did not have any other notifications related to the update or USB before that?

The message doesn't appear until the tarballs have been extracted from the drive to the APIM.

If you're using exFAT stop. Format it with FAT32. On some drives the exFAT formatting will potentially slow down the read speeds to 100 kBps or less.
Yeah, I made sure to have my flash in FAT32 before I placed the files onto it. I may try to wait longer or a different flash.

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Yes, 5-7 minutes. You’ll insert the drive with the update, then after 5-7 minutes (or there about) if everything is working properly, you’ll see a message saying update in progress.
Sponsored