Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Couple of months ago I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3 using an 8GB USB 2.0 drive. Worked fine.

Since then, I bought a 128GB USB 3.0 drive and used it to upgrade from 2.3 to 3.0. Worked fine.
Welp. Apparently they weren't kidding. Off to get a 32gig drive now....
error.jpg

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I got away with it using a USB 2.0 16 GB drive >.>

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
I used an 8GB drive - the USB just needs to be big enough to hold the files, which are copied into Sync3 and then installed.

The copy process can take a long time if you have an older style USB - if it has a light in it, then you can see activity is taking place.

Sync3 only tells you that it is installing an update *after* the files have been copied off from the USB and into Sync3. Depending on your USB drive speed, the copy process can take 10 minutes or more, and there is nothing on Sync3 to show this is happening.

:)

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used an 8GB drive - the USB just needs to be big enough to hold the files, which are copied into Sync3 and then installed.

The copy process can take a long time if you have an older style USB - if it has a light in it, then you can see activity is taking place.

Sync3 only tells you that it is installing an update *after* the files have been copied off from the USB and into Sync3. Depending on your USB drive speed, the copy process can take 10 minutes or more, and there is nothing on Sync3 to show this is happening.

:)
I'm starting from scratch again. Downloading the file once again. I got the message posted above, memerror3.

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
I have been fortunate with my playing around, and have not seen that error... I have learned a little, but others here have a deeper understanding.

Have a look at what is to be installed in the autoinstall file - maybe break the install into sections and just install the first couple of files first - and if that's successful, then edit the file to include what you omitted the first time around and retry with the next.

It's odd that you are getting this message, and I don't understand why this would be. Hopefully others can give you more experienced help!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I believe its saying it had problem reading or writing the USB. I doubt you need a bigger as much as a different. But if you don't have another the same size, makes sense to get bigger anyway for whatever else you use it for.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I just bought an 18GT with V3.0. My 16 GT was version 2.2, but had let me know an update was available. First problem I ran into with v3.0 was Android Auto...I can't find it? It used to be under general settings, you'd have to click on it to enable the feature, but for some reason it looks like that isn't on the 18's v3.0.

Is it just a bad image maybe? Did the enable location get moved? Or have I just hit my head one to many times?

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
How did you download 2.2?
sometimes people take backups before they get replaced with higher versions on ford.owner.com

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still having that error after new 32gig drive. Tried downloading from Firefox. NOpe. Got it to download with chrome, and microsoft browser. Unziped, and put on new drive. Same error.
I have 2.2 on it now. Guess I have to live with it as is. Not sure what 3.0 would do for me anyway?

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried to find the master reset, where is it again? Do you need to do that before the upgrade to 3.0 if you have 2.2 on it?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I tried to find the master reset, where is it again? Do you need to do that before the upgrade to 3.0 if you have 2.2 on it?
I didn't, I did turn off WiFi tho. You using a Windows or Mac to uncompressed the folder? I did get the same error you did when I tried to install 18025. I had to re-plug the USB about 3-4 time before I got it to go. Also, did you wait for the infotainment to boot up all the way (wait about a good 1 minute or so) before plugging in? I had my car engine on when I did all this.
Sponsored