Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
[MENTION=19817]HizliBullet[/MENTION] I have the new hub also, but only Apple Maps shows on the display--can't get google maps. Can hear google maps but not get it to display. Is there a "new, new" hub?
Sponsored

Last edited:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I just took a 2,400 mile trip and the Apple Maps navigation was great! I still don't understand the animosity for Apple Maps, as it works.

Definitely muted the guidance.

The only thing I noticed was that hours upon hours of use (Nav, Music, and Strut) the iPhone started having temperature issues. Nothing that holding it in front of the A/C vent couldn't fix. Anyone have a mount that gets airflow across the phone?

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
I go into my car, connect the phone. Put it face down wherever,
start driving, realize i'm not sure on the directions.
I say "ok google" without touching anything, "Navigate to XYZ" on the dash i get Google Maps (which is superior in any way to the built in NAV or Apple Maps".
Start driving with getting turn by turn navigation, now i want some music "ok google, play XYZ", google music start playing.
I get a whats'app msg from my wife, i dont miss it because now its on my dash screen, i touch the notification the music pauses and i hear her msg.

now im on my way home, i get close to home: "OK Google" "Open garage door" , my garage door opens.

These are just tiny examples of why i have been waited for AA for so long.

Now, before anyone tells me "Yeah, but i can do that with my phone as well":
1. I dont need to look in my phone screen.
2. I dont give cops a reason to stop me and fine me for using my phone.
3. I dont need to talk closely into my phone mic, with AA everything stops as u say "Ok Google" or push the voice control steering wheel button.
4. I love technology, and if anyone love to argue as to why not advance with it. Thats their choice :)
This is my experince, although recently my google play hasn't been working through AA.

Actually got an email this morning from the waze beta team about something with AA, hopefully they are about to release a beta version that will support AA.

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
I just took a 2,400 mile trip and the Apple Maps navigation was great! I still don't understand the animosity for Apple Maps, as it works.

The only thing I noticed was that hours upon hours of use (Nav, Music, and Strut) the iPhone started having temperature issues. Nothing that holding it in front of the A/C vent couldn't fix. Anyone have a mount that gets airflow across the phone?
I input my address in on the phone, find it much easier.... Mine doesn't get that hot (yet). I put my phone in sleep mode when using CarPlay. The part of it is that most of it had/has to do with when Apple Maps first came out, landmarks were in wrong states, bridges were beyond fubar and such. Still tells me to do illegal u-turns when I head to Galveston. I prefer Google Maps but I have successfully used Apple maps when I head up to the Heights from Kemah area and back.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
okay I dont know how true this is but a guy commented on a youtube tutorial video with the following quote

"Ok so I figured it out. If you download from the official version on Ford's website you need to rename all the files because Ford was stupid and named all the update .tar files to syncmyride####### so you need to make a folder called syncmyride and put all the .tar files in that folder and delete "syncmyride" part of all the files in the name. Then keep the autoinstaller file out of that folder in the flash drive"

[MENTION=22579]TexasRebel[/MENTION]can we confirm this?
Sorry, been on the road enjoying the Mid-Northwest US.

As was mentioned earlier this issue was with his method of extraction. The software (NOT FORD) extracted all files to the same directory and appended the directory info onto the filename. Any decent archive extraction software will preserve the directory structure (7zip is my preference).

Sponsored

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
Anyone in here part of the Waze AA beta test?

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible

I think the animosity is two fold, first being that it is Apple and some have issues with them as a whole (which I do not understand). The second being that, like all first generation things, when first released Apple Maps had some legitimate issues. All of these issues seem to have been fixed long since. I am an Android user but an equal opportunist in the tech department so again I am with you, the animosity is odd.

Recently took a road trip to visit my fiance's family in Texas and we used her phone connected to Car Play with Apple Maps and it worked beautifully.

As for your mount Check out Proclip (a bit pricey) which has a mount you can put between the vents and possible position one of the vents it sits between to point at your iPhone. Also Scosche Magic Mount could work for your needs.

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I got the updated USB hub last night and put it in this morning. The swap tool about 3 minutes.

Everything works as advertised.

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Anyone in here part of the Waze AA beta test?
Yes I am and this morning they finally released a version of Waze that supports AA on our cars!!!

Tried it out on the way into work and it works like a charm, pegged a couple cops and some road debris on the way in and everything. :cheers::headbang::hail::clap2:

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Yes I am and this morning they finally released a version of Waze that supports AA on our cars!!!

Tried it out on the way into work and it works like a charm, pegged a couple cops and some road debris on the way in and everything. :cheers::headbang::hail::clap2:
Congrats! Makes me wanna switch back to Android (don't need an iOS vs Android debate here).

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Does anyone have Pandora launching itself on your phone? We installed it for vacation, but I had to uninstall it because it was always self-launching and using data. I don't know how to fix this bug.

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
Does anyone have Pandora launching itself on your phone? We installed it for vacation, but I had to uninstall it because it was always self-launching and using data. I don't know how to fix this bug.
Same issue for me. I uninstalled it from my 6s.
Sponsored