Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
you have to register a new account and add your vin
Which is a good thing even if you already got the update. That account lets you log maintenance activity that a dealer did not do.

I don't use the dealer for anything but warranty work that I don't have the skill to do or the parts/tools cost more than avoiding a dealer trip is worth.

When you sell the car, buyers are likely to want to see the dates various maintenance was done.

The site asks you to post what you spent but its a good idea to also list exactly what was used including brand/weight of oil and brand/model filter, etc..
Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Why aren't people just using the file that's hosted here now instead of going through all that? It's the official one.
Wait. Official? I thought we were using a Lincoln file. Unofficial official?

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
GB5T-14G286.SB.tar.gz contains a shell executable

HN1T-14G423-BA.tar.gz contains "gracenotes_new.img"

The other files:
HN1T-14G391-BC.tar.gz contains "voice_new.img"
HN1T-14G381-SA.tar.gz contains the QNX update and an apps.tar.gz tarball
HB5T-14G386-TBB.tar.gz contains a shell executable that checks the hardware (nav or non-nav).
GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz contains the logging utility that creates the .xml file to send back to Ford.
so the update removes it and doesnt put it back?

Sponsored

Summit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Fastback Premium
Did the upgrade today (Navigation = yes) using the link posted on the fist page of this thread. I couldn't get the owner.ford site to provide the file as it continually erred out. The touchscreen pushbutton to manually update the radio via wi-fi was non existent. After upgrading however I did get the pushbutton for a manual update! Yes, a buried shovel. Gotta start somewhere.

Used an 8 GB USB memory stick formatted FAT32. The upgrade took 30 minutes. At the end it seemed to have trouble locating the built in Navigation maps. Did another start of the vehicle and Navigation came up ok. I also swapped out the center console USB port to the Rev B version.

Apple Car Play ran ok after upgrade to V2.2. My existing USB cable would not work for Car Play, but I had a different cable in the house, tried it and all was good. Don't be bashful about using different USB cables if after update something isn't right.

Thanks

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
No, it removes gracenote then moves on to the next item: HN1T-14G423-BA.tar.gz which contains the image for gracenote.
interesting but it doesnt work?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
interesting but it doesnt work?
It seems to work for some people.

the gracenote version number disappeared for me on the 16280 build also. I just ran a modified version of the autoinstall using only the tarballs that contained gracenote and got it back.

At lunch I misnumbered the item/open lines so I have to wait another half hour until quitting time to try again with the corrected .lst

1024GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Maybe I have never noticed this but what is that icon at the far right that looks like a signal strength of some type. It's the upside down triangle on a pole next to the unequal link lines next to it?

Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Maybe I have never noticed this but what is that icon at the far right that looks like a signal strength of some type. It's the upside down triangle on a pole next to the unequal link lines next to it?
Signal strength. :shrug:

I'm pretty sure it reflects the same carrier signal strentgh on your phone

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost premium
I found out a weird issue today.

I had never connected my phone or pendrive for media before. Just used it for charging and connected phone via Bluetooth for media.

To do the sync 3 v2.2 update, I formatted the pendrive to FAt32 and exFat, copied files, and left the pendrive in with car running for 15mins, and tried in both USB ports. Ithe never read the pendrive (no message about indexing).

So I tried connecting my phone via USB (both ports) for media. I don't see any message for indexing etc. No message on phone to use usb as media. It does charge fine. No option in audio sources for usb.

Is something wrong somewhere in the car? Does anyone know a fix for it?

My sync auto update is not triggering, and there is no option to trigger update checking manually since I am on sync 3 v1.0. Tried connecting to different wifi networks, and turning auto update off and on again. It checked automatically last on 04/19.
So I need the USB ports to work fine to update since I don't know when auto update will trigger next. Can be tonight or after few weeks.

1024GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Signal strength. :shrug:

I'm pretty sure it reflects the same carrier signal strentgh on your phone
Yes sir I believe you're correct. I never noticed that before the update.

Kakemone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Aight, lemme try again... appreciate you two.

EDIT: So I'm on a Mac, and everytime I unzip the file, it gives me a folder, and inside are all those files... I don't get it: https://ibb.co/m6TLwQ

I had the same problem the first time I tried. The problem is that when you are downloading the file using Safari it automatically tries to unzip it after the download is complete and after it's done the files are not set up correctly in the order needed to be for the installation to begin and finish.

The solution is pretty simple. Before you start anything go to this youtube video and follow the instructions ->> [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]WpVx0Mnz84E[/MEDIA]"]YouTube Video[/ame]
What it does is that disables the automatic decompression of zip files.
After you disable this function restart your browser or better restart your Mac.
Then download the app suggested in the ford update manual -> StuffIt Expander and download the SYNC update file from owner.ford.com.
Once you are done with the download - unzip the new file with StuffIt Expander. The result should be you getting the right files in the right configuration and they should look exactly the way showed in the update tutorial at owner.ford.com
From there follow the remaining instructions.

I just updated mine and it took ~30 mins.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
It seems to work for some people.

the gracenote version number disappeared for me on the 16280 build also. I just ran a modified version of the autoinstall using only the tarballs that contained gracenote and got it back.

At lunch I misnumbered the item/open lines so I have to wait another half hour until quitting time to try again with the corrected .lst
is this something you can share or is it too complicated for the average user?
Sponsored