MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Which download?

Hey guys, I am a little confused with the software download. Is it the ford official link or the mirror link I am supposed to be downloading? Thanks!
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
2) when my iphone is connected (say, charging) it still disables the factory navigation. I don't need google maps all the time. it would be nice to be able to access the other apps without the sync navigation turning off.
I'm not an iPhone fan but my phone has the option to let you approve data connections and if you don't approve a host's request when you plug it in, its just for recharging and the host doesn't see any device. Maybe you have that option with the iPhone. Plus you should be able to disable CarPlay in the car.

Last edited:

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Two things that bother me about this update:

1) When my gas is low (below 50 miles) the SYNC navigation highlights every ... single ... gas station in the country as a POI. I know where to find gas, thanks. There doesn't seem to be any place to turn it off.

2) when my iphone is connected (say, charging) it still disables the factory navigation. I don't need google maps all the time. it would be nice to be able to access the other apps without the sync navigation turning off.
Really should not let the fuel get that low anyway. The fuel surrounds the pump and helps cool it. Your pump will thank you in the long run to fuel up below a 1/4.

ewitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB PP SB
Got the part (ordered through my dealer last week) and installed the V2.2 Upgrade. Everything works fine but I am underwhelmed by Apple CarPlay.

Really is much ado about nothing but I will appreciate having Maps on those occasions that I need it. Other than that it does not add much functionality.

Sponsored

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
is anyone having issues with album art from a USB drive or iPod since the v2.2 update?

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When Ford actually outputs the update, will it update via wifi, or will I have to stuff a thumb drive?

Car is stuck in winter storage, can't get to it, but just wondering in the spring will all I need to do is park it my garage?

Brendan688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
When Ford actually outputs the update, will it update via wifi, or will I have to stuff a thumb drive?

Car is stuck in winter storage, can't get to it, but just wondering in the spring will all I need to do is park it my garage?
It was a pretty big file, I'd assume that it would need to be USB. Roughly 2gb, might take a long time via wifi. Could be wrong though.

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
What was the part number?
I'll get it to you tomorrow. I was going to take a picture but was in a hurry.

Part I number ordered:HU5Z-19A387-A
Part number received: HU5T-14F014-AB

I'd put a picture of it up but I don't feel very motivated to load the picture into Photobucket.

I installed the update on my buddies 2016 F150 Sport (No Nav but has the screen). He has an Android so he won't be buying the new USB hub. Everything is working for him, he loves having Nav capabilies now!

Last edited:

defector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Well, this is a hell of a thread to try to even skim through. However, I think it is also very explanatory for Non-Nav users if you download the "mirror file"....that is where I finally understood the "read-me" text was. I have ordered the new single-port USB and have downloaded the mirror file to find the read-me text (not in the Ford download - I must have missed that as I only went through about 40 pages of this post). I think this should be pretty easy even if this doesn't go well for some reason. Everything is cleared up by the read-me text.....even the warning that this is at my own risk. Pasted below for naĂŻve others like me. Hope this is worth it.

"READ ME" (for non-NAV)

THIS UPGRADE IS FOR NORTH AMERICAN 2016 FORD/LINCOLN MODELS WITH SYNC3 V1.0 OR V 1.1 WITHOUT NAVIGATION ONLY.
THIS WILL UPGRADE FROM VERSIONS 1.0/1.1 TO VERSION 2.2
IF YOU USE THIS ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN 1.0/1.1 YOU WILL RUIN YOUR UNIT...YOU WERE WARNED. YOU WILL NEED A FAT32 OR EXFAT FORMATTED 4GB OR MORE USB FLASH DRIVE

USING A WINDOWS BASED COMPUTER UNZIP UPGRADE FILE 1 TO THE ROOT FOLDER OF FLASH DRIVE. YOU WILL END UP WITH AUTOINSTALL FILE AND SYNCMYRIDE FOLDER IN THE ROOT OF THE USB DRIVE
TAKE FLASH DRIVE TO YOUR VEHICLE AND REMOVE ANYTHING PLUGGED INTO THE USB PORTS. START YOUR VEHICLE AND INSERT UPGRADE FLASH DRIVE UPGRADE PROCESS WILL BEGIN AND TAKE APPROXIMATELY 10-20 MINUTES. ONCE UPDATE IS DONE (A MESSAGE WILL APPEAR) YOU MAY REMOVE THE FLASH DRIVE AND TURN THE VEHICLE OFF
NOW...USING A WINDOWS BASED ERASE ALL FILES ON THE SAME USB DRIVE THEN UNZIP UPGRADE FILE 2 TO THE ROOT FOLDER OF FLASH DRIVE. YOU WILL END UP WITH AUTOINSTALL FILE AND SYNCMYRIDE FOLDER IN THE ROOT OF THE USB DRIVE. TAKE FLASH DRIVE TO YOUR VEHICLE AND REMOVE ANYTHING PLUGGED INTO THE USB PORTS
START YOUR VEHICLE AND INSERT UPGRADE FLASH DRIVE
UPGRADE PROCESS WILL BEGIN AND TAKE APPROXIMATELY 5-15 MINUTES. ONCE UPDATE IS DONE (A MESSAGE WILL APPEAR) YOU MAY REMOVE THE FLASH DRIVE AND TURN THE VEHICLE OFF

LEAVE THE VEHICLE OFF FOR APPROXIMATELY 5 MINUTES AND RESTART
YOU WILL SEE THAT YOU NOW ARE RUNNING VERSION 2.2. THIS IS USED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU TAKE ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITS USE

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, this is a hell of a thread to try to even skim through. However, I think it is also very explanatory for Non-Nav users if you download the "mirror file"....that is where I finally understood the "read-me" text was. I have ordered the new single-port USB and have downloaded the mirror file to find the read-me text (not in the Ford download - I must have missed that as I only went through about 40 pages of this post). I think this should be pretty easy even if this doesn't go well for some reason. Everything is cleared up by the read-me text.....even the warning that this is at my own risk. Pasted below for naĂŻve others like me. Hope this is worth it.

"READ ME" (for non-NAV)

THIS UPGRADE IS FOR NORTH AMERICAN 2016 FORD/LINCOLN MODELS WITH SYNC3 V1.0 OR V 1.1 WITHOUT NAVIGATION ONLY.
THIS WILL UPGRADE FROM VERSIONS 1.0/1.1 TO VERSION 2.2
IF YOU USE THIS ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN 1.0/1.1 YOU WILL RUIN YOUR UNIT...YOU WERE WARNED. YOU WILL NEED A FAT32 OR EXFAT FORMATTED 4GB OR MORE USB FLASH DRIVE

USING A WINDOWS BASED COMPUTER UNZIP UPGRADE FILE 1 TO THE ROOT FOLDER OF FLASH DRIVE. YOU WILL END UP WITH AUTOINSTALL FILE AND SYNCMYRIDE FOLDER IN THE ROOT OF THE USB DRIVE
TAKE FLASH DRIVE TO YOUR VEHICLE AND REMOVE ANYTHING PLUGGED INTO THE USB PORTS. START YOUR VEHICLE AND INSERT UPGRADE FLASH DRIVE UPGRADE PROCESS WILL BEGIN AND TAKE APPROXIMATELY 10-20 MINUTES. ONCE UPDATE IS DONE (A MESSAGE WILL APPEAR) YOU MAY REMOVE THE FLASH DRIVE AND TURN THE VEHICLE OFF
NOW...USING A WINDOWS BASED ERASE ALL FILES ON THE SAME USB DRIVE THEN UNZIP UPGRADE FILE 2 TO THE ROOT FOLDER OF FLASH DRIVE. YOU WILL END UP WITH AUTOINSTALL FILE AND SYNCMYRIDE FOLDER IN THE ROOT OF THE USB DRIVE. TAKE FLASH DRIVE TO YOUR VEHICLE AND REMOVE ANYTHING PLUGGED INTO THE USB PORTS
START YOUR VEHICLE AND INSERT UPGRADE FLASH DRIVE
UPGRADE PROCESS WILL BEGIN AND TAKE APPROXIMATELY 5-15 MINUTES. ONCE UPDATE IS DONE (A MESSAGE WILL APPEAR) YOU MAY REMOVE THE FLASH DRIVE AND TURN THE VEHICLE OFF

LEAVE THE VEHICLE OFF FOR APPROXIMATELY 5 MINUTES AND RESTART
YOU WILL SEE THAT YOU NOW ARE RUNNING VERSION 2.2. THIS IS USED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU TAKE ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITS USE

I know from reading this thread, that apparently Ford see's this as legit, but sure seems like a hard way to go about this. I have to wonder if the legit release that is coming out (?) will be a two part update. And, as I indicated above, hopefully will be able to do it with the wifi.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, quick question. I installed 2.2, didn't think I had a problem. It took a while for the maps to load, but they did.

But, when I connect my phone I get a message saying "the inserted USB device is not responding."

I tried different USB ports. I downloaded Android Auto to my wife's phone and tried that also. Any ideas?
I think thats the message you get if you plug it in before upgrading the usb hub:shrug::shrug:

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
You don't have to upgrade the USB for an android phone. Mine works just fine. Have you tried resetting your cell ? I use the USB port under the radio controls and I have had no problems. Also did you install Android Auto on your phone ?

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wondering if someone could give me some direction/advice.

Upgraded my Sync Module to support Apple Car Play (2015 GT), ordered the correct USB hub for console but when it arrived the connections on back are very different from what I have now:

Here is what I ordered:

But when I pulled the unit out of my center console it has completely different connections on it:

image1_1_zpsdcn7tvmf.jpg

Is there some kind of adaptor I need to purchase/make or do I have to run a new USB cable?

Any help would be appreciated.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Wondering if someone could give me some direction/advice.

Upgraded my Sync Module to support Apple Car Play (2015 GT), ordered the correct USB hub for console but when it arrived the connections on back are very different from what I have now:
This entire thread is not applicable to a 2015.
2015 only had SYNC 2 available which is different hardware than SYNC 3.

In fact, since 2017 had AA/CP from the factory, this entire thread is only for 2016 Premium cars.
Sponsored