Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Bammers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Hi, quick question. I installed 2.2, didn't think I had a problem. It took a while for the maps to load, but they did.

But, when I connect my phone I get a message saying "the inserted USB device is not responding."

I tried different USB ports. I downloaded Android Auto to my wife's phone and tried that also. Any ideas?

Brendan688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hi, quick question. I installed 2.2, didn't think I had a problem. It took a while for the maps to load, but they did.

But, when I connect my phone I get a message saying "the inserted USB device is not responding."

I tried different USB ports. I downloaded Android Auto to my wife's phone and tried that also. Any ideas?
Did you try using a different USB cable? That would be my only recommendation.

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Received my USB hub today and carplay working like a charm.

Sponsored

nappynick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
'16 Oxford White GT PP
What's the easiest way to install the new USB hub. Thanks

Brendan688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
What's the easiest way to install the new USB hub. Thanks
I used a small screw driver, on top of the old hub is a small cut out. I put a plastic card between the hub and the car, slide a small screwdriver down into the cutout and it popped out pretty easy. Unplug the three cables and then plug them into the new hub. Push it back in and you're done. Took less than five minutes. Very easy. The plastic card was just to prevent any scratches to the car...even though it's inside the center console!

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
For anybody wondering how the USB cables are connected to the Sync and the USB hub - I've teared down a whole harness just to get to the USB cables lol

So the 2 USB cables are not connected to each order in any way

:lol:
This was not a mystery.
The APIM connects to the bin port which has 1 in, 2 out.
The bin port connects to the tray port which has 1 in, 1 out.

Like the effort though. :thumbsup:

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OK, I'm feeling kind of dumb now. Didn't think a cable should make the difference, that's why I didn't try it before. It worked, thank you
Android Auto seems to be kind of picky with cable choice, try to use a quality cable

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
For anybody wondering how the USB cables are connected to the Sync and the USB hub - I've teared down a whole harness just to get to the USB cables lol

So the 2 USB cables are not connected to each order in any way

looks like the human nervous system:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:

april-25-2013-new-york-new-york-us-a-view-of-central-and-peripheral-d7298n.jpg

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Two things that bother me about this update:

1) When my gas is low (below 50 miles) the SYNC navigation highlights every ... single ... gas station in the country as a POI. I know where to find gas, thanks. There doesn't seem to be any place to turn it off.

2) when my iphone is connected (say, charging) it still disables the factory navigation. I don't need google maps all the time. it would be nice to be able to access the other apps without the sync navigation turning off.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Two things that bother me about this update:

1) When my gas is low (below 50 miles) the SYNC navigation highlights every ... single ... gas station in the country as a POI. I know where to find gas, thanks. There doesn't seem to be any place to turn it off.

2) when my iphone is connected (say, charging) it still disables the factory navigation. I don't need google maps all the time. it would be nice to be able to access the other apps without the sync navigation turning off.
well #1 while annoying around home, that's useful while traveling

#2 just disable Car Play in settings.......problem solved!

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
Thanks for the dedication guys! I installed the update and USB part today. The part number I ordered was different from the one on the sticker but it worked! Everything seems to be working except the $ sign is gone and I cannot click "Vehicle" when I am on the menu. Not sure if that is only when my iPhone is plugged in or not. I downloaded my firmware from the MKS Vin that was provided my another member. I will continue to play with tomorrow. Wish I could get Google Maps to show up instead of Apple Maps. I refuse to use Apple maps....
Call before your order the part. Tasca was out so I got mine from White Bear Lake.

2016 GT (400A, Nav, Adapt. Cruise)
Sponsored