New KPM fuel system video

Timbuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
Cool explanation :sunglasses: great to see an ozzy product/company doing well. would love them to team up with DW and sort out a 810 brushless pump system in their designed drop in bucket. With their expertise they would work out a way of controlling it (variable speed) on demand etc.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Never heard of them. Seems cool that it’s plug and play and costs less than our return style fuel systems. Wish I knew about this a year ago! But again we just don’t know much about it. Maybe they fail or something or maybe our tuners don’t deal with it ? Thoughts on this @engineermike

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I’m not interested in return style systems, but I am concerned about the lack of a fuel filter in their dual pump entry-level system.

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I know, everyone runs a sock filter on the electric pump inlet. But it’s not a fine mesh required to protect injectors or, more importantly, the gdi pump. Even the gt350/500 have a canister filter under the car in addition to the sock filters. The stock gt bucket has a canister filter in the bucket plus the sock filter. A problem with the dual pump buckets is that the second pump takes up the space the canister filter needed.

Timbuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
It looks like the bigger kits come with filter , but you can also choose an upgrade and get a filter as an option.

IMG_7243.png

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Man I wrestled with 'Not' wanting to go with a return fuel system for a while. But; after 20 or so emails from Aeromotives about their returnless, KPM 1500 with PWM, Sai Li, about their returnless HP capability, I have realized (IMHO), the oem fuel line will not sufficiently and safely, supply the amount of unheated fuel nessasary to supply my wants, which is running a True, 850whp without any fuel shortages or issues. So, But; I want a Hat and Bucket setup, so I am going to install a VMP -8 Fuel return system with a -8 to -6 Adapter to connect VMP -8 fuel line to whipples -6 fuel rails. I found no factual data which show going from a -8 fuel line to a -6 whipple fuel rails causing any negative or adverse issues with running a 850whp set up on my 19 GT. So I have raised the white flag so to speak. Lol

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I have realized (IMHO), the oem fuel line will not sufficiently and safely, supply the amount of unheated fuel nessasary to supply my wants, which is running a True, 850whp without any fuel shortages or issues.
There are probably hundreds of gt500’s (and at least a few gt’s) making over 850 on the same size line as the gt.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
There are probably hundreds of gt500’s (and at least a few gt’s) making over 850 on the same size line as the gt.
You know Mike, I contacted all of these manufactures of returnless GT500 Style Fuel Hat systems and ask very specific questions: I posed this question running 800-850whp or 850-900whp for I wanted to be safe with my whp numbers.

**My Question to one Race Shop: "Hi. Do you sell a returnless fuel pump hat/bucket assembly plug N Play which can be used with E85 at 800-850whp (Safely) on a forced induction set up".
**Answer from one Race Shop: No sir, you have to do a full return style fuel system to run E85 for that car.
** I posed this question to Aeromotive: "What is the highest returnless Fuel hat, Pump assembly you offer which could handle 850-900whp without any issue of fuel supply?"
** Aeromotive Response" Look closely at what I asked and what their answer was as far as me stating WHP and they replied back using Crank HP which.
Aeromotive reply: 18365 is the largest option that will work on PWM. It would support up to 970 HP to the crank on E85
NOTE: I stated 850-900whp which is around 977.5 - 1035 Crank HP. So no their returnless system will not work. Now I only plan to run around 850whp but want enough stable fuel flow to be able to "Safely" flow my fuel demands.
** Sai Li never replied back when I said 850-900whp is what I needed for fuel flow.
** KPM said: "“Either kit will allow for up to 900whp on E85 or Flex fuel giving you the required fuel for you 850 whp flex fuel set up.” Your quoted 850 whp is absolutely a safe level.

I just don't see enough factual data or real world use showing the continuous "SAFE" fuel flow limit on the 2019 GT stock fuel supply line. I cannot take a chance. But thats just me. I am a "What If" Guy and their are quite a few of those not going with a return system with the power levels I am wanting to play at.
I do appreciate your help and opinion on this.

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I’m not at all surprised that the people selling the systems recommend them.

But you don’t have to look hard to find examples of returnless cars using the same size line as ours making way more power than 850. This is referring to the gt500 kits , where palm beach dyno offers 900 rwhp, livernois offers 1100 hp e85, fathouse offers 1000 rwhp e85, all using the same stock fuel line size as the gt, no return, and even the stock pumps. Plus the gt500 needs about 10% more fuel than coyote to hit the same power due to compression ratio.

VictorH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I've been watching this product as well, but not for all-out HP application but rather the saddle tank venturi system to prevent fuel starvation in those long, sweeping left-hand corners (track use).
-Fuel filter, not sure shy that's a big deal, fuel line runs under driver's side cover, just splice and put in quality 3-micron filter and should be good to go.
-What about the fuel level sensor? Video makes no mention of that. If you move it from the OEM unit don't you have to splice some wires so that the OEM connector works and sends fuel level signal?

OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I've been watching this product as well, but not for all-out HP application but rather the saddle tank venturi system to prevent fuel starvation in those long, sweeping left-hand corners (track use).
-Fuel filter, not sure shy that's a big deal, fuel line runs under driver's side cover, just splice and put in quality 3-micron filter and should be good to go.
-What about the fuel level sensor? Video makes no mention of that. If you move it from the OEM unit don't you have to splice some wires so that the OEM connector works and sends fuel level signal?
Fuel sender is 100% plug and play.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the kpm is not a bad setup, but again, the stock feed line is going to limit you. which is not a bad option.

the sai system is very similar to this, and we see it tap out about 850 wheel

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I’m not at all surprised that the people selling the systems recommend them.

But you don’t have to look hard to find examples of returnless cars using the same size line as ours making way more power than 850. This is referring to the gt500 kits , where palm beach dyno offers 900 rwhp, livernois offers 1100 hp e85, fathouse offers 1000 rwhp e85, all using the same stock fuel line size as the gt, no return, and even the stock pumps. Plus the gt500 needs about 10% more fuel than coyote to hit the same power due to compression ratio.
Your killing me Mike lol. I just contacted them asking the exact same question. We'll see what they say. Later
Sponsored