Sponsored

New GT350R Here!

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
Congrats to your father on the purchase! I thought referring to your dad as "the old man" was something done in movies. To each their own, but if my sons ever referred to me as their "old man", they sure wouldn't be driving my car. If they don't respect me, how can I expect them to respect the car?
Keep it quiet over there, old man. Respect is earned, no matter if it's your son or a friend or anybody else.
Sponsored

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Keep it quiet over there, old man. Respect is earned, no matter if it's your son or a friend or anybody else.
+1, and maybe you can gain that respect by having a sense of humor about an endearing term for someones dad...

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
That's what communism says; Listen respect is "GIVEN" to your parents. True it is easier palatable when earned. This is the problem with kids today its called "entitled" give me a break. Oh and by the way, it looks the the dad is pretty generous with his personal things..so you might say he earned the respect as well. Of course the OP is just joking right about calling his dad the "Old man" ha ha its funny:crazy:...right:shrug:

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
That's what communism says; Listen respect is "GIVEN" to your parents. True it is easier palatable when earned. This is the problem with kids today its called "entitled" give me a break. Oh and by the way, it looks the the dad is pretty generous with his personal things..so you might say he earned the respect as well. Of course the OP is just joking right about calling his dad the "Old man" ha ha its funny:crazy:...right:shrug:
Automatically giving respect to anyone is dangerous. A father who beats his kids and wife shouldn't be given respect just because he's a father, he's a piece of shit. A father who takes care of his family gets respect because, he took care of his family and earned it.

Congrats to your old man OP, quite an impressive car.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
This has turned into a jerry springer episode

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Automatically giving respect to anyone is dangerous. A father who beats his kids and wife shouldn't be given respect just because he's a father, he's a piece of shit. A father who takes care of his family gets respect because, he took care of his family and earned it.

Automatically giving respect is dangerous? :lol: It would seem your reasoning process is out in the Comso and needs to come down to earth. Respect is never dangerous, following people blindly is, which I hope was your argument. Who said anything about father beating anyone?:crazy:...I guess you can put a spin on anything to make it fit your logic. I do not want to debate this, it is off the OP's topic.....but respect is respect

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now

I don't respect anybody who drives a Hummer and a Yellow car

(unless it's an H1 hummer, of course - and it better be black!)

Just giving you a hard time, man. If you are ever out here in San Diego Ill buy a beer.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Automatically giving respect is dangerous? :lol: It would seem your reasoning process is out in the Comso and needs to come down to earth. Respect is never dangerous, following people blindly is, which I hope was your argument. Who said anything about father beating anyone?:crazy:...I guess you can put a spin on anything to make it fit your logic. I do not want to debate this, it is off the OP's topic.....but respect is respect
Respect is earned. Not given. Not for anyone.

I mentioned the father as an easy example. He fell into a category of those who were "given" respect according to you, but he didn't deserve it and didn't earn it. Automatically respecting this father could lead to oversights of warning signs.

You obviously did want to debate this as you commented about it in the first place.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Let's just say it's impossible to have this conversation...on the internet...with strangers...about strangers......and...the internet. /end

Mustang_2015

Gt 350R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp/ 2016 Z06/7

Never go full retard
full retard.jpeg

OP
OP

3FIFTYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
As I explained already, it's a term of endearment, more than a "joke" per se. You misinterpreted it and are now inexplicably doubling down. It's a peculiar hill to die on, made even weirder by the fact that you somehow managed to bring communism into the discussion. But whatever, let's just agree to disagree and get back to talking about these awesome cars. It's what my dad would want. :cheers:
Sponsored