New GT350, notchy shifter?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Shouldnt have to, but if your unsure if you locked in first, nail reverse quick then go into first again.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Does everyone have the problem where it doesn't always go into 1st? It feels like it's in gear but needs an extra push or else it pops out and grinds.
No, that has never, ever happened to me.

on edit: (crossing fingers and knocking on wood) I really hope it doesn't start happening now that I've said that!

OP
OP
jpilone

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Good to see I'm not the only one... I'll be patient and just enjoy this beast!

dkbluedevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Your shifter will loosen up and lose the notchiness. And I today had the thing where it pops out of first.

Am I the only one who has had the shifter stick start rattling like crazy? I had it replaced once under warranty for the rattle, and it fixed it once, but now the rattle is back with a vengeance. I am trying to work up the courage to take it apart and inspect on my own.

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Mine has done the pop out once, but it was clear I didn't fully get the shifter all the way in the gate. That said 3rd is super hard at tumes and 1st and 5th are harder than 2nd 4th, and 6th by a solid margin. Feels like a bent shift fork if it didn't do this from new

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
mgw comes out with their shifter in less than a month. I have loved mgw in my last 3 mustangs so i plan to do the swap in the gt350 as well.

George let me know that the GT350 shifter is now in production. He and I have been running his design for a few months now and at this point I couldn't imagine ever going back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIY36PIB6Oa/?taken-by=mgwgeorge

It was very cool meeting a few of you at Mustangweek down in South Carolina. Everyone that tried a shifter on a stand had a healthy grin after banging gears as hard as they wanted to. That's the TR3160 with the red shifter attached to it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Your shifter will loosen up and lose the notchiness. And I today had the thing where it pops out of first.

Am I the only one who has had the shifter stick start rattling like crazy? I had it replaced once under warranty for the rattle, and it fixed it once, but now the rattle is back with a vengeance. I am trying to work up the courage to take it apart and inspect on my own.
Someone on here posted the internal components of the shifter to show what parts might be missing. If you don't want to go to the dealer, some searches might show that thread and help with diagnosing the problem.

edit: here it is
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46247&highlight=shifter
Sponsored