Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Huh what?! I want to know of you can disconnect the magnaride and have it not affect the car. I'm interested in installing after market coilovers and caster/camber plates. Magnaride doesn't work well in autocross applications.
So you want to un-awesome the car so you can run coil overs? This sounds like something ISIS would do.

Why not save the extra 15k and avoid committing GT350 treason by just buying a GT? This is almost as bad as the guy who wanted to put a solid axel in his GT350

End rant...
Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Huh what?! I want to know of you can disconnect the magnaride and have it not affect the car. I'm interested in installing after market coilovers and caster/camber plates. Magnaride doesn't work well in autocross applications.
I really hope there is many people like you. Make my rare base worth tons of money because you can't handle technology.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I wonder if any people ever wrote Thomas Edison and asked him if the filaments could be disconnected in his light bulbs...:thumbsup:

Why not get a base now and get what you want? Someone posted in a thread where about 4 or 5 base cars were located across the US.

Good luck man... :ford:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ok I understand now, I thought you just wanted to disable the magenride controllers and leave the dampers installed. Replacing them with coil overs makes more sense, not sure if they are tied to the PCM , but I imagine it's not a huge deal. Only one way to find out!

Sponsored

Chetly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Z06
You guys need to get off the magnaride koolaid. They aren't the worlds greatest shocks. There are certain applications where they don't work well. Autocross being one of them. That's what i want to use the car for hence my question.

Thanks for all your wonderful insight and stupid memes...

Chetly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Z06
There are certainly situations where a competition level coil over will offer superior performance than the magnetic suspension. Especially when other changes like stickier tires are made.

To answer the original question you may be able to find a base model 2016 out there for a solid price and you won't have to worry about it.
Thought about that as well, but those are more unicorn than the GT350R. I've yet to see a base model online that doesn't have the Track or Tech package installed.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
You guys need to get off the magnaride koolaid. They aren't the worlds greatest shocks. There are certain applications where they don't work well. Autocross being one of them. That's what i want to use the car for hence my question.

Autocross?? Leave that parking lot krap behind.

The GT350 is built for racetracks.

Chetly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Z06
Parking lot? You must be a regular at a goodguys event. Out here on the west coast we have NASA Crows Landing Airport. We regularly have courses that are over a mile long and speeds into 3rd gear without the possibility of any door to door contact.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
I've yet to see a base model online that doesn't have the Track or Tech package installed.
I know of two base models near me that as of last week were sitting on the showroom floor with $5k ADMs.

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Thought about that as well, but those are more unicorn than the GT350R. I've yet to see a base model online that doesn't have the Track or Tech package installed.
Fine, I'll take a 2017 C7 corvette GrandSport or a 2017 GT350 with the leather package as a straight trade for my rare 2016 base. I'll just drive it till your trade exist. After all its worth it since its rare....

Or you can wait and find out if the shocks can be reprogrammed. (if needed).

Oh and please use

Base
Tech
Track
GT350R
and if different than a plain GT350R for purposes of the discussion, the electronics package GT350R is in effect also a different model.

Its annoying people using "base" to discuss the Base, Tech, and Track as if they were the same thing. If you mean generic GT350 non-R use... GT350.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
dealer name?
Here is what I posted last week

Here are visible base models - keep in mind some may be spoken for, and some dealers may still have allocations, these are just shown as available in a dealer system.

Columbia Ford, Inc. - Longview, WA
Triple Yellow
In Transit

Valley Ford - Kalispell, MT (same owner as my dealership, will have an ADM)
Race Red
In Transit

Karl Klement Ford - Decatur, TX
Oxford White
In Plant

Ted Britt Fairfax Ford - Fairfax, VA
Oxford White
Available

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

I honestly don't see any "stupid memes" here. The 350 was not designed to autocross... Simple as that. So, for people to chime in who appreciate the car for its intended use while you choose to degrade a car for its unintended use is "stupid"?...

:lol:

Hope you're able to connect on some of those car leads provided for you. :ford:
Sponsored