New for 2017 GT350

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
April 4 is for the regular Mustangs, but I don't believe anyone has confirmed that date will be the one for the GT 350s. One dealer has told me April 8, but there are a lot of "Idunnos" out there. :shrug:
Are order banks still opened for the 16 350?
Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
April 4 is for the regular Mustangs, but I don't believe anyone has confirmed that date will be the one for the GT 350s. One dealer has told me April 8, but there are a lot of "Idunnos" out there. :shrug:
That is what my understating is , April 4 is for the regular Stang not the 350. This is what my buddy who is a dealership inventory manager told. Me he has heard zilch of the 2017 350 at this point.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That is what my understating is , April 4 is for the regular Stang not the 350. This is what my buddy who is a dealership inventory manager told. Me he has heard zilch of the 2017 350 at this point.
I do believe they are coming close to ending if they haven't yet. My order went in 3/4 and it's expected build is late May.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
March 4 was the final date to order a 2016 Mustang.
I seen that on the sheet posted, however was told by a fella that he had 2 more weeks to order a 350 and that was last week. I got my R order in March 4th and haven't heard back on build date. Anyone else not get a VIN on their R?

Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I got my R order in March 4th and haven't heard back on build date. Anyone else not get a VIN on their R?
Are you sure your dealer has an allocation? By most accounts, all 2016 Rs have been spoken for for some time. The dealer ordering system will not stop the dealer from placing an R order even if they don't have an allocation. There are stories of people waiting months on R orders only to have Ford say they will not build it.

There are people waiting since the middle of 2015 that still don't have VINs for their Rs.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Says he did. Confirmed it with the regional rep. Unless he was lying to me, in which it makes no sense.

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have heard the same from my dealer contacts, 4/4 for the Mustang. Date for the 350 is still yet-to-be-released.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R

Sponsored

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
By most accounts, all 2016 Rs have been spoken for for some time.
Not entirely true. My store has 2 Rs that were both unspoken for, so my GM and I picked the build and made it least priority. But technically they are unspoken for.

No, none of you can buy them =) my dealership is one that has ended up on forum ADM threads before lol

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Is there any information that can be gathered from a confirmation number? I only ask because it is a low number otherwise I'd just not think anything about it. It's in material hold just like hundreds of others I would imagine.

Wichard20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In search of a R
Not entirely true. My store has 2 Rs that were both unspoken for, so my GM and I picked the build and made it least priority. But technically they are unspoken for.

No, none of you can buy them =) my dealership is one that has ended up on forum ADM threads before lol
Haha I hate hearing about that. I am sure quite a few people would of loved to spec an R to their specifications but the allocation ends up being built to the dealer specs as they have no takers at their ADM (what I assume).

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Haha I hate hearing about that. I am sure quite a few people would of loved to spec an R to their specifications but the allocation ends up being built to the dealer specs as they have no takers at their ADM (what I assume).
My custom order was done as a change to the existing floor order. I think it was the standard white w blue stripes tech package before I had them switch it to a yellow base