Sponsored

New for 2017 GT350

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Any performance improvemen's for 2017 ? Will there be a track key like the 2013 Boss 302 ? Can we see horsepower and torque increases ? Improved 0-60 ? Would be awesome to see a 600hp gt350r
Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
wow on one hand it looks like they listened, on the other had this came out 2 weeks ago I would not have bought. Great. Thanks Ford.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I hope the 1LE, Focus RS and other makes take some of its hype down. Would be nice if Ford drops a mid cycle refresh with some weight loss and demand isnt crazy. That would be a good time to buy...

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The new base car is essentially a base+TP car at this point, so looking at 56.5k plus 3500 or less on top of that? Or would the base be around 53k? Given all the ADMs, I just cant see ford selling it for cheaper and letting the dealers profit even more when they can easily pocket that change
So you're suggesting they go from an old base ~$48k to a new base of ~$60k?

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Ford will keep us guessing until the last minute and, as much as I'd love to know officially what they are planning, they're not missing a marketing opportunity, as they'll sell every GT350 they can make :)
My point is directed at the real objective, which is not selling all the GT350s. I agree that they will achieve that. The real objective is selling more Mustangs. Keeping GT350 discussion in the news generates hype for the whole Mustang model line. Slowly feeding news out to keep headlines buzzing is one way to do that.

TheLeftSchuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Raptor - '18 Dodge Demon - '67 Camaro RS/SS
Anybody that wants an MSRP deal out of Oklahoma please PM me. I'm going to bow out if I can find a buyer to take my place. Still time to change the order to your specs.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So you're suggesting they go from an old base ~$48k to a new base of ~$60k?
The real "base" price was 50k after GG and destination. The track pack was $6500 on top of that, so I can see the new base price being right inline with the current track pack, then around 60k fully loaded.

I just cant see why Ford would leave 3k on the table when they are selling at MSRP or higher with no issues. How many times in the past has the price went down between model years assuming you are getting a similar optioned car? It could happen, just doesnt make sense that ford wouldnt maximize profits with a hot seller.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Any performance improvemen's for 2017 ? Will there be a track key like the 2013 Boss 302 ? Can we see horsepower and torque increases ? Improved 0-60 ? Would be awesome to see a 600hp gt350r
Probably No's across the board.

Sponsored

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The real "base" price was 50k after GG and destination. The track pack was $6500 on top of that, so I can see the new base price being right inline with the current track pack, then around 60k fully loaded.

I just cant see why Ford would leave 3k on the table when they are selling at MSRP or higher with no issues. How many times in the past has the price went down between model years assuming you are getting a similar optioned car? It could happen, just doesnt make sense that ford wouldnt maximize profits with a hot seller.
Okay, I get what you're saying. Old TP vs. new base + "market increase".

Wichard20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In search of a R
That is great news about getting an "electronics" package while keeping the track gear and recaros. That was one selling point of the R for me.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
What is "soft door rollover" in the electronics package ? :shrug:
My guess is the soft-touch material on the top portion of the doors like the upgraded interior has. Right now, the GT350s have hard plastic at the tops of the doors.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Exactly. A lot of people wanted options - a track pack with the ability to get electronics. Now they have it - and while it's referred to as the "base" now, it's not going to be the same price as the 2016 base.
Sponsored