New EPA regs coming phaseout gas engines

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Reading matters too…(not directed at you Dan, just a general statement)

IMG_2809.png

Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Reading matters too…(not directed at you Dan, just a general statement)

IMG_2809.png
Why read when you can be upset over sensationalist headlines?

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2016 GT Convertible, 2015 Ecoboost PP
Thanks Mags for adding some decorum and thought into the conversation!

I think the world is trying to be more sustainable for obvious reasons, and it will require collaboration, and those of us who resist are only delaying the inevitable. I do plan on enjoying my GT500 to the fullest extent but also admit we need to adapt as a species…

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Why read when you can be upset over sensationalist headlines?
Yep. The headline is so dumb. Especially when the article does explain the rule and that it does not phase out gas engines. Manufacturers have autonomy to determine how it works best for their business model. Now, the regulations are strict enough that it forces a lot more moves to EV but hybrids and other more efficient gas engines can also get you there.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Sounds more like, let’s tie one arm behind your back and watch you build more gas cars then, or get more Chinese electric technology in your vehicles to meet the new requirements. But that’s just the way I see it.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I think the manufacturers that have a fair amount of electric in their fleet (Ford, GM, Hyundai/Kia, etc) are in better position to be able to offer ICE cars well into the future than some others (cough Stellantis cough). You’ll probably see more turbo 4 & 6 cylinder cars and maybe (hopefully) even some hybrid V8’s (see C8 E-Ray). Toyota and Honda have very efficient gas engines and hybrid cars so they should be in good shape too.

Yeah, the rules are strict enough they’re forcing you down certain paths. But there’s no outright ban, so as long as manufacturers have the autonomy to choose how best to serve their consumers (as it should be), then I’m keeping hope that maybe we’re seeing the worst of it.

I’m guessing there was some heavy lobby from the auto manufacturers, given that EV sales are slowing and it’s costing them LOTS of money. Not to mention potential employment losses that would come with a full shift to EV. Hopefully some rational thinking is finally taking place in DC (not much I’m sure but I’ll take even just a little at this point).

Cars/light trucks are incredibly efficient already, let’s start looking at other areas where more efficiencies can be gained instead of squeezing blood out of turnips.

And yeah, I’m a glass half full kinda person so I’m probably more optimistic than I should be 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Exactly, depending on who wins, we either gotta worry or we dont, simple as that
I disagree. We’re in a lose-lose situation this go around IMO. For different reasons but in the end, we the people will ultimately lose. We need (and deserve) better choices.

And I will leave it at that as this is not the forum for such discussions.

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
It’s one of the main reasons I ordered my 24… this is about to be it, faster than anyone recognizes.
Like smartphones or the internet… it went from something a few people have to ubiquitous and needed for adaptation survival.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I’m guessing there was some heavy lobby from the auto manufacturers, given that EV sales are slowing and it’s costing them LOTS of money.
That's probably the only way EVs don't take over is if they never sell well. Corporations have a lot of control over policy, I believe.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Yeah, the rules are strict enough they’re forcing you down certain paths. But there’s no outright ban, so as long as manufacturers have the autonomy to choose how best to serve their consumers (as it should be), then I’m keeping hope that maybe we’re seeing the worst of it.
Hello; Were it the case this particular edict stands alone, such would be bad enough in terms of coercion by big brother. Sadly, this is among other decrees by alphabet agencies with the intent ( ill-conceived in my opinion) to do away with fossil fuel using equipment soonest. We can dance around a bit but the intent is clear enough.
Guess we could rehash all the false logic of the anti-fossil fuel -pro green-pro EV factions. However a few threads already exist on this forum in which the issues have been dissected in detail.
My contention being the Green + EV movement is destined to replace one sort of pollution/environmental issues for a different set of environmental/pollution issues. That different set of issues, in my view, likely to be worse than the ones being replaced. A contributing factor to the level of damage being the haste to kill off fossil fuels and hurry the EV+ Green agenda before the tech is up to the job.

And I will leave it at that as this is not the forum for such discussions.
Hello; Over hundreds of posts and several threads we have proven these anti fossil fuels and such topics can be discussed.
Sponsored