Sponsored

New engine and trade in value

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Dunno if you saw gotham ems channel, he inquired about trading in his 2018 gt with a new engine for a gt 350 .. Dealer checked carfax and saw the engine replacement and offered 8500 less than regular trade in value.
Sponsored

kidamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 10 sp auto
Dunno if you saw gotham ems channel, he inquired about trading in his 2018 gt with a new engine for a gt 350 .. Dealer checked carfax and saw the engine replacement and offered 8500 less than regular trade in value.
ok and? Yes it sucks what can we do boycott ford or set up a gofundme for him?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
ok and? Yes it sucks what can we do boycott ford or set up a gofundme for him?
Way to miss his point. Hes saying that every 2018-19 that gets a replacement, even if the replacement is fine, they are loosing lots of residual value on the car. Anyone hoping to keep it for say collector reasons will be taking a valuation hit. I believe you can sue over that in many cases. I know you can in accidents where you are not at fault.

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Way to miss his point. Hes saying that every 2018-19 that gets a replacement, even if the replacement is fine, they are loosing lots of residual value on the car. Anyone hoping to keep it for say collector reasons will be taking a valuation hit. I believe you can sue over that in many cases. I know you can in accidents where you are not at fault.
Thanks, the other dude sounds like a di** ....

Nothing wrong with letting people know this as many here have or are going through the process... Ford RAV approved Gothams buyback in record speed of 1 day after making a phone call.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Nothing wrong with letting people know this as many here have or are going through the process... Ford RAV approved Gothams buyback in record speed of 1 day after making a phone call.
I wonder what the trade price looks for the people that are on engine 3+.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I wonder what the trade price looks for the people that are on engine 3+.
-20k lol

Strangely not all engine replacements show up on the carfax .. He said Ford, not the dealer was the one that submitted it to Carfax.

I would be pissed if I went to trade in a car with 1200 miles .. 200 on new engine and dealer said, we'll give you 29k for your trade in, what is your vin... Looks at carfax and says, welp, you had an engine replaced, we will give you 21 and change instead... Probably why Ford approved it so quickly, most local laws state if warranty repair significantly diminished value of car, you can lemon it.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have wondered about this. Personally, if I were going to buy a used car and learned that it had a replacement engine, I would pass on it. I wouldn't want the engine replaced in my car, either.....especially if there was no reason to think the new engine was upgraded over the one that is bad. I would fight like hell for another remedy....or some level of compensation....before allowing that level of work by my dealer. That is just me....others may look at it differently.

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
At least you're not in my shoes .I bought a cpo 18 with 1k miles to avoid a depreciation hit, but now if mine turns out to be a dud, I have no legal protection. Mine ticks, but hardly noticable.

kidamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 10 sp auto

sorry your feelings were hurt, but there are about 15 other threads on this but thanks for making another

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Strangely not all engine replacements show up on the carfax .. He said Ford, not the dealer was the one that submitted it to Carfax.

I would be pissed if I went to trade in a car with 1200 miles .. 200 on new engine and dealer said, we'll give you 29k for your trade in, what is your vin... Looks at carfax and says, welp, you had an engine replaced, we will give you 21 and change instead... Probably why Ford approved it so quickly, most local laws state if warranty repair significantly diminished value of car, you can lemon it.
Most likely it wasn't Carfax but Ford's OASIS system which tracks all warranty repairs. Last time I looked at a Carfax (2014) it listed service but very general service and not down to what was done. Ford's internal systems definitely do have that information and are available to Ford dealers.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
-20k lol

Strangely or not the cost of a new generation 3 coyote engine is 8,000.00. So in effect they are placing zero dollars on the value of the replaced engine!

https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.co...460hp-mustang-crate-engine-gen-3-m-6007-m50c/
Sponsored