Nascar Talk

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
NASCAR still limits top speed to under 200 mph since restrictor plates came into play so still neutered IMO.

IMSA endurance racing with the advent of hybrid Daytona prototypes are now breaking 200 mph in the 24 hours at Daytona with far less than 900 HP out of 5.5L engines and 9000 LBs of down force from their aero packages. I can't wait till the 24 hours of Lemans to see what speeds they achieve then.

Plus, they have GTD pro and GTD classes that are actually cars the public can buy to drive on the street as well.

BD
Sponsored

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Have to give NASCAR credit they try and make the cars semi equal without changing the rules to make GM win every race like NHRA

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
0 cautions today.
not the most exciting race,
Lots of pit strategy.
I think C Bell may be a champion this year

flyleclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Longtime Nascar and Indycar fan.
Followed Tony Stewart from Indycar to Nascar and loved when his team moved to Ford.
So right now anyone in a Ford works for me but they got some work to do. Damn Toyotas and Chevys are strong.
Go to Pocono every year.
Went to my 1st Daytona 500 this year and it was awesome!
Also been to Dover, Richmond and Watkins Glen.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Longtime Nascar and Indycar fan.
Followed Tony Stewart from Indycar to Nascar and loved when his team moved to Ford.
So right now anyone in a Ford works for me but they got some work to do. Damn Toyotas and Chevys are strong.
Go to Pocono every year.
Went to my 1st Daytona 500 this year and it was awesome!
Also been to Dover, Richmond and Watkins Glen.
Had a friend who lived close to the track take me once. He said when the cars come out of turn 4 we will walk down to the fence and over. Was insane how fast they were going past us!
He said now they won’t let anybody close to the fence once the race starts.

Sponsored

flyleclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Had a friend who lived close to the track take me once. He said when the cars come out of turn 4 we will walk down to the fence and over. Was insane how fast they were going past us!
He said now they won’t let anybody close to the fence once the race starts.
We did that at Dover near the fence and that was pretty awesome too!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I was at the Ky Speedway this week. The parking lots are still full of F150's and SUV's.

Sucks NASCAR took this race away.

F150.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
IROC was better than NAPCAR. many disciplines and identically prepped machines. Ray Evernham bought the rights and equipment and I hope he can get it to work.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
IROC was better than NAPCAR. many disciplines and identically prepped machines. Ray Evernham bought the rights and equipment and I hope he can get it to work.
I never liked the IROC style racing but get a lot do.
Was always a Ford vs Chevy Vs Dodge type guy and liked seeing what each brand could do. But NASCAR has taken that away with this car and hammering guys with points and fines for screws being too long.

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
This just in, Justin Haley, driver of #51 Ford credited with LAST place because the car did not meet minimum weight. I believe they get some tech help from RFK Racing. IMO, the Fords could prolly run 15-30 lbs. lighter and still NOT be competitive... btw, he finished 17th in the race.

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Presently, Ryan Blaney.
Was Carl Edwards.
Was Mark Martin for 20 yrs!!!! Go Roush!

I now go camping at Watkins Glen for the weekend with a half dozen guys who've done it for 30+ yrs. Great place to see a race.

Dover one. Nice.
Pocono once, not so great.
I liked NASCAR when the cars were actual production type cars (T-birds, Monte Carlos, etc.) where you could easily tell what car it was; today it's basically the same with identical frames/chassis and the cars are all the same dimensions. Now I have to look carefully at the "decals" on the front to try to figure out what make the car is. It's just as bad with NHRA Funny Car where you have V8 powered rear-wheel drive Camrys, etc. which I can't find anywhere. At least the Camaros and Mustangs are actually RWD and V8s in production models.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I liked NASCAR when the cars were actual production type cars (T-birds, Monte Carlos, etc.) where you could easily tell what car it was; today it's basically the same with identical frames/chassis and the cars are all the same dimensions. Now I have to look carefully at the "decals" on the front to try to figure out what make the car is. It's just as bad with NHRA Funny Car where you have V8 powered rear-wheel drive Camrys, etc. which I can't find anywhere. At least the Camaros and Mustangs are actually RWD and V8s in production models.
I agree it’s pretty stupid to have a Camry as their car, just like the Fusion was.
And why is Dodge gone, need to have big 3 in the race!

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I agree it’s pretty stupid to have a Camry as their car, just like the Fusion was.
And why is Dodge gone, need to have big 3 in the race!
Chrysler withdrew factory support. I've heard rumors that Honda might join NASCAR which means you'll probably be seeing Accords. In regards to GM/Chevy, how long can they run the Camaro body after it's discontinued? Also, what body will they use? Cadlillac CT5?

EDIT: Did a little digging and apparently the NASCAR rules allow them to run the Camaro body indefinitely.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Chrysler withdrew factory support. I've heard rumors that Honda might join NASCAR which means you'll probably be seeing Accords. In regards to GM/Chevy, how long can they run the Camaro body after it's discontinued? Also, what body will they use? Cadlillac CT5?

EDIT: Did a little digging and apparently the NASCAR rules allow them to run the Camaro body indefinitely.
Honda next, cmon man!
And as far as NASCAR rules, 😂 they bend those all the time

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
This just in, Justin Haley, driver of #51 Ford credited with LAST place because the car did not meet minimum weight. I believe they get some tech help from RFK Racing. IMO, the Fords could prolly run 15-30 lbs. lighter and still NOT be competitive... btw, he finished 17th in the race.
I
Honda next, cmon man!
And as far as NASCAR rules, 😂 they bend those all the time
all about money and who can bring it in. If Honda is willing to spend it NASCAR will stand with open arms.
And if you criticize them they will fine you a bunch of money for that lite blue panel when the rule said Blue, ask Tony Stewart
Sponsored