Sponsored

MyColor on non-Premium? Hack/flash/reprogram?

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I do not think it is related to the cluster any longer.... There seems to be a different BCMB or Lighting control module for the MyColor systems and standard lighting systems. The MyColor Lighting control module is $75 direct from Ford. I think this along with a cluster reprogram is all that is needed to activate MyColor.
That seems to be cheaper than the cluster alternative, no? This stuff is way out of my league...I just want the end result!:doh:
Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I do not think it is related to the cluster any longer.... There seems to be a different BCMB or Lighting control module for the MyColor systems and standard lighting systems. The MyColor Lighting control module is $75 direct from Ford. I think this along with a cluster reprogram is all that is needed to activate MyColor.
Details? Is it just a swap? Who's going to be the first to try this? :D

ASarsano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
Its been done. using FORSCAN and a OBD2 Link adaptor such as the scantool MX.
Thread is "modifying the as built data" its long about 68 pages long but all kinds of awesome tricks in there well worth the read. and a few member were able to add my color.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Its been done. using FORSCAN and a OBD2 Link adaptor such as the scantool MX.
Thread is "modifying the as built data" its long about 68 pages long but all kinds of awesome tricks in there well worth the read. and a few member were able to add my color.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773
I've gone through that thread before, and as far as I could tell it was not done on base model cars, only 50AP.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I've gone through that thread before, and as far as I could tell it was not done on base model cars, only 50AP.
Correct. The forscan mod only works with 50th AP vehicles which already have the correct lighting module. Here is the link to the MyColor lighting module.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...search=true&year=2015&make=Ford&model=Mustang

I think this plus a cluster reprogram would be all that would be required to get MyColor Gauges. To get the ambient lighting and cup holder lighting to work you would also need the ambient light kit from ford.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Correct. The forscan mod only works with 50th AP vehicles which already have the correct lighting module. Here is the link to the MyColor lighting module.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...search=true&year=2015&make=Ford&model=Mustang

I think this plus a cluster reprogram would be all that would be required to get MyColor Gauges. To get the ambient lighting and cup holder lighting to work you would also need the ambient light kit from ford.
That link just defaults back to the FordParts homepage for me. Have a part number I can look up? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread.

Also when you say cluster reprogram, that's just through Forscan?

And I haven't had a chance to play with a MyColor vehicle, but does it also change the color of the lighting in the radio and climate buttons? What are the odds the base radio has that capability?

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
On my 2010 premium with MyColor, the radio/AC buttons did not change color. They stayed that Ford Aqua blue color.

I wish that Ford made the base guage color that aqua blue to match the buttons throughout the interior. They did that on all base models before the S550. Dunno why they thought white would look good while everything else is aqua blue.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
That link just defaults back to the FordParts homepage for me. Have a part number I can look up? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread.

Also when you say cluster reprogram, that's just through Forscan?

And I haven't had a chance to play with a MyColor vehicle, but does it also change the color of the lighting in the radio and climate buttons? What are the odds the base radio has that capability?
Sorry about that! The part number is FR3Z13C788E.

Cluster reprogram would just be forscan if even needed.

OEM MyColor only controls the gauge color and ambient lighting if installed. The ice blue interior lighting does not change.

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm interested to see how this works. I'd gladly pay for the module + reprogramming to get MyColor to work, it's a neat feature.

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
The part diagram won't enlargen on my phone. Where does this lighting module install at? Have you thought about getting the module, zackmd1? I've read through all your trials for getting Mycolor to work the week I bought my car.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
The part diagram won't enlargen on my phone. Where does this lighting module install at? Have you thought about getting the module, zackmd1? I've read through all your trials for getting Mycolor to work the week I bought my car.
I have though about it but I have a few other projects going on at the moment so this mod has been pushed to the back of the list....

The lighting module from what I can tell is installed in the right rear behind the taillight. Should be easily to get to and swap.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Nice. Googled the part number and there's multiple sites that have it for around $65 shipped. If someone has a friend with a premium, they could try their module in to base model and see if it automatically unlocked menus in the guage cluster (before making the small investment).

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Subbed, have been waiting for some movement on this, good to see that it might be possible.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Sorry about that! The part number is FR3Z13C788E.

Cluster reprogram would just be forscan if even needed.

OEM MyColor only controls the gauge color and ambient lighting if installed. The ice blue interior lighting does not change.
Well I've taken the plunge! Found a site that sells it without the $50 core charge too :D

Will follow up whenever it arrives...
Sponsored