Sponsored

MyColor on non-Premium? Hack/flash/reprogram?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Not reprogramming bcm-b. It only controls mycolor, tail lights, convertable stuff (if vert), and just a few other little things.
Went through the data again. BCMB is different from BCM... Interesting...

BCMB data between a premium and base are different. Barely but they are different. Still doesn't explain why the setting didn't even show up when I programmed the IPC. If the setting showed up but was not functional then I could see this being a fix. But for mycolor to not even appear is odd. The custer OS might be different for preminum cars.
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Not reprogramming bcm-b. It only controls mycolor, tail lights, convertable stuff (if vert), and just a few other little things.
what settings are available for tail lights? It's one of the things I need - enabling sequential in EU lights!

sarcean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost
Sad day for this thread.... When I went to get my ACM reprogrammed for my MFT swap we also messed around with the instrument cluster. We were able to completely reprogram my base cluster with data from a premium vehicle. Everything worked except mycolor... It was no where to be found in the settings.... This leads to one of two possibilities.

1. The hardware is not there to support mycolor. Wether that be the controller or the RGB leds

2. Ford locked this option out so people like myself could not access it so easily.

For now it looks like mycolor will require a cluster swap.
what did you gain from reprogramming the cluster?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
aggieStang, you are doing the Lord's work!
^^^^^ LOL yep
listening to these guys is like trying to keep an eye on one single blade of a ceiling fan... you can keep up for a second then you get dizzy!!! :eyebulge:

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Anything ever became of this?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Anything ever became of this?
The only way to get mycolor would be to buy a new premium cluster. It seems as though the base cluster does not have the hardware required.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I'm not so worried about the cluster. I just want to get my PP gauges to match the aftermarket gauges I'm adding. They should have the RGB's inside them. How are they actuated on these? Could I change the pinout to get a different color?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I'm not so worried about the cluster. I just want to get my PP gauges to match the aftermarket gauges I'm adding. They should have the RGB's inside them. How are they actuated on these? Could I change the pinout to get a different color?
For the PP gauges, they are actuated via CAN bus in relation to the main cluster. There are no separate leads for the colors unfortunately.

Sponsored

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So if I buy a premium gauge cluster that would give me MyColor?

Or do I have to have the cluster/car re-programmed for it after the gauge install?

Also does anyone know what the model of cluster with MyColor (or PP) is? I see a lot of them for sale on ebay, but no one saying if its out of a base or premium car.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Also curious about this. I see a 50th anniversary gauge on ebay...believe that'd have MyColor

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I do not think it is related to the cluster any longer.... There seems to be a different BCMB or Lighting control module for the MyColor systems and standard lighting systems. The MyColor Lighting control module is $75 direct from Ford. I think this along with a cluster reprogram is all that is needed to activate MyColor.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Bummer. I'd love to be able to reprogram and change gauge cluster color.
Sponsored