My VMP Performance Saga ***LONG READ***

OP
OP

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
Trust but verify is what I believe in. Im glad you're happy and the car runs well but I would personally put it in the dyno you were seeing mid 500s one last time to see what it does.
I understand your point of view. Logs were very similar between the low dyno and theirs with the exception of knock retard (ie expected MAF accounts, hertz, load, timing, fuel trims, etc). No tune changes were made when I loaded it on their dyno yesterday. Literally straight off the highway and on to the rollers.

I'm confindent, regardless of which dyno, with a cool down and removing the lid the numbers would have been higher. But, what good are glory numbers except to impress people on the internet? I'd rather see low numbers and beat higher power cars vice the other way around.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Great read. Thanks for posting.
If I mod my car, VMP all the way. No question about it,......even before reading this thread!
Enjoy the beast. :cheers:

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Very nice and I agree VMP are a solid bunch. They had the absolute BEST auto tune as well. I tried 2 others before them, glad I tried them- third times a charm

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
How did it run at showtime ?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Awesome story. Love reading stuff like this. If only some other companies stood by their products the way VMP does.

Sponsored

Rlhay2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper
Glad to hear you got your problems resolved.

But I have to wonder, is your story a confirmation that a hands on tune is a better option than a mail order tune? If you were still emailing logs and uploading tunes, would the issue have been resolved? And if so, how much time would it have taken?

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Is that directed at me? Not sure what you mean.
I was told "yolo douche bag" Alex was racing with us at show time drag strip at our last monthly race ... Is there more than one "yolo douche bag" Alex? :confused:

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
A feel good story. VMP has been around a long, long time, for good reason. Enjoy that family and that Ford.

Sponsored

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The VMP is dyno is mostly likely around 590whp if you were to set smoothing to 5.

The first dyno shop seems to have smooth it over by 5, which is the common. VMP setting it to 2 is why you have so many peaks and valleys in the line. It's not smooth at all but will give you a higher peak number because of it(which should not be confused with "adding" power. Changing smoothing doesn't "add" anything, just changes the line, which changes the peak value)

OP
OP

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
The VMP is dyno is mostly likely around 590whp if you were to set smoothing to 5.

The first dyno shop seems to have smooth it over by 5, which is the common. VMP setting it to 2 is why you have so many peaks and valleys in the line. It's not smooth at all but will give you a higher peak number because of it(which should not be confused with "adding" power. Changing smoothing doesn't "add" anything, just changes the line, which changes the peak value)
Absolutely, and unnoticed that as well. My best guess was ~595-600 if you take the average of the lines. Regardless, its pretty much right where it should be. The car feels great on the street. Happy customer.

NatJoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Installing mine this weekend. Sensor broke on me as well. They should include a drill and a helicoil kit. Still trying to get mine out without damaging the threads.
Sponsored