Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I just want the rear bumper to bolt onto my car. Are the parts available for order yet? :)

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I'd be down to put the rear bumper on my car. Maybe even the inny type tail lamps. But these pictures confirmed what I saw initially... To all those that keep telling me/us we are crazy, if you need to stand at a specific angle to find a car attractive, it's not attractive.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I wonder what non current mustang owners think?
Are you not a non-current mustang owner?

That front end comparison says everything. The 15-17 clearly looks better from the front and those hood vents are plain ugly. I'm pretty sure if I didn't own I would feel the same. I plan on getting an S650 as long as it looks better than the 18

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
I can't put my finger on it but for some reason those headlights just scream BMW to me...

Sponsored

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
The front end looks a lot like the 11-14 Chargers from certain angles.

Devon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Personally I'm willing to sacrifice a little of the front end aggressiveness if the tradeoff is better forward sightlines, so that the first piece of pavement seen in front of the car is not a half mile down the road.

No improvement made to the rear visibility it seems - too bad. Could not imagine getting this car without a backup camera and parking sensors, rear cross-traffic alert, and blind spot monitoring to cope with the busy traffic around here.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Personally I'm willing to sacrifice a little of the front end aggressiveness if the tradeoff is better forward sightlines, so that the first piece of pavement seen in front of the car is not a half mile down the road.

No improvement made to the rear visibility it seems - too bad. Could not imagine getting this car without a backup camera and parking sensors, rear cross-traffic alert, and blind spot monitoring to cope with the busy traffic around here.
You must drive a smart car

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
As a non-mustang owner I'll say that I think the update looks more aggressive than the 15-17 MY. With the new design of the headlights and them shrinking the main grill opening some, it now looks like it has a scowl going on, which is aggressive in my eyes. Like many have said, the area under the fog light/LED turn signal is iffy though to me. I think there's too much color there and if they had made the opening bigger I think it would help tremendously.

I also think the new tails and back end in general looks better.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Dead on from the front it looks absolutely terrible compared to the '17, as in the last two pics.

Definitely not as aggressive by my eye, too thinned out. Yuck.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
The front end looks completly out of wack. No other way to say it. It's like Ford changed the front end just for the sake of changing it. Ford didn't mess with the GT350 front end. Smart move there.
Has anyone with any clout, employeed in the design department of FoMoCo heard the term " if it aint broke don't fix it " ? :crazy:

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Dead on from the front it looks absolutely terrible compared to the '17, as in the last two pics.

Definitely not as aggressive by my eye, too thinned out. Yuck.
I am not sure I would call it terrible, however I HATE the triangular vents in the lower corners. This angular styling seems to be the latest rage with all auto designers and its just ugly.

Otherwise I think its a pretty decent progression, the new Tech is what makes this a killer mid-cycle refresh.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The vents are terrible, the reason the 15-17 work so well - even though they're also modular / not molded in - is they're inset and that makes them look really integrated.

I hope this sees a revision before production starts.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
The 18 redesign makes it look more sophisticated, streamlined, and high tech. Not necessarily a bad redesign but it robbed the Mustang of it's heritage a bit. From the front and without a pony badge it would be difficult to identify it as a Mustang. I personally prefer the Muscle car attitude of the 15-17 for now.
Sponsored