Sponsored

My review of my AWE Touring catback (5.0)

Babystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT premium
The difference for me is the X-pipe vs H-pipe. Both are high quality systems. Personally, I'm leaning towards the Corsa Sport because of the 3" direct connect to ARH headers for a full 3" setup with no tapering.

This AWE system is really nice though. The welds and everything look fantastic.
I wasn't going headers due to the volume of the extreme system as it was. Def want to wait for some video consumers before pulling the trigger on either I suppose...

Was looking forward to quad tips though haha.
Sponsored

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
I remember reading this in another forum that installing cat-back or axle back does no good to HP/TQ (unless you tune your car).
There are some gains to to be had while keeping the factory headers/catalysts in place. Nothing that will cause you to :eyebulge:, but we did put it through the ringer during development.

2v9pwzd.jpg

296hoqf.jpg

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
Time for me to sell the Corsa and scoop up the AWE! Thanks for the awesome review GN!

OP
OP

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
The difference for me is the X-pipe vs H-pipe. Both are high quality systems. Personally, I'm leaning towards the Corsa Sport because of the 3" direct connect to ARH headers for a full 3" setup with no tapering.

This AWE system is really nice though. The welds and everything look fantastic.
I was always told the H helps eliminates rasp from the exhaust note. I have no desire to do headers or hi-flo cats for awhile due to no tune and warranty issues. Matter of fact I dont think I would like the DB level of this exhaust with hi flo cats and headers. Good luck!

btw, IF I ever do headers I can always just fix the taper on the H pipe and leave everything else alone :) very simple process

Sponsored

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Me too, exactly.

Jonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn.. I was in the market for corsa extreme quad tips for my car and now I am completely second guessing myself.
Dont. Corsa is the most bad ass exhaust for these cars. Its godlike. I have Kooks LT w/ Corsa extremes and I get stares and thumbs up everywhere. Its earth shattering bahahah

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
From what I have seen so far, this AWE exhaust system looks awesome. I have been looking for something to replace my FRPP Touring Catback system - it's too raspy for me and has some drone which is annoying. Looking forward to future updates. Thanks!

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I love the corsa extreme but I can't do the cold starts. I leave to work at 4am:( don't wmaa wake the family up

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Sounds good. I to have Corsa on Roxxy with AR LT's Its in my sig. I was at a car meet/show and some youngs guys was revving their 5.0's I was looking and said yeah not bad. They noticed Roxxy sitting there idling and was like yeah rev that stock Shelby ! Of course the little crowd formed as they wanted to challenge any car in the area now...So a bud of mines was like give it to them. Needless to say I hit her a few times, just quick rev's and it was clear what the crowd liked. I received a few bow downs even.

I have not heard a Corsa system on a 5.0, but I have to say this system comes close in how it sounds......no drone is always good. Looks well put together. So its another great performer in the market which is always good.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I love the corsa extreme but I can't do the cold starts. I leave to work at 4am:( don't wmaa wake the family up
Very few exhaust options won't have that issue. Some of the Touring axleback options (Corsa, AWE, FRPP, Pypes) might be ok if you keep the resonator.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I like the sound of the FRPP Touring Catback on start-up - I just don't like the raspiness when you get on it... a deeper note is more to my liking - thus my interest in the new AWE system.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
really hope to hear this with headers soon. if no one has by the time i replace the car i wiped out last night, i might just be a guinea pig

OP
OP

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Like I said before, lots of options out there. I was very close on going for a corsa and probably would not have been disappointed. But man am I in love with my AWE.
Moto11, they are all loud on cold starts. if I was use try an axleback first and see how it goes. The AWE does come with two resonators so cold start is not to shabby imo.

Good luck everyone!
Sponsored