My neighbors hate me!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How much of a difference did the cold start tune make? I'm moving and had Livernois send me that tune in case my new neighbors don't appreciate my exhaust like I do.
It's pretty significant. Like I said, you get an initial BARK, and then it settles down to warmed-up idle after ~1.5 seconds. I felt it useful/necessary when I had the Xtreme catback.
Sponsored

OP
OP
hanz5oh

hanz5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
Use a resonator x-pipe or mini bullet mufflers. That will keep the power but reduce the noise and any upper rpm rasp.
Great! I've looked into it and noticed there is multiple mini bullet mufflers. Which one do you recommend?

5PointSlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Great! I've looked into it and noticed there is multiple mini bullet mufflers. Which one do you recommend?
Nah don't cut up the Corsa :(

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I'm actually using the Magnaflow resonator x-pipe. I have seen a few other exhaust threads similar and seen info on the mini bullets. If you look around you should be able to find them on here, if I can find the specifics I will message you or post it in here. Or maybe someone else can chime in. I don't like cutting up expensive exhaust either but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get the sound that fits for you.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually using the Magnaflow resonator x-pipe. I have seen a few other exhaust threads similar and seen info on the mini bullets. If you look around you should be able to find them on here, if I can find the specifics I will message you or post it in here. Or maybe someone else can chime in. I don't like cutting up expensive exhaust either but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get the sound that fits for you.
I've had the resonated X-pipe. It does a great job reducing volume but also killed the aggressiveness of the exhaust (although is better than the stock resonator for sure).

Touring axleback + double X-pipe >>>> Sport axleback + resonated X-pipe, despite being similar volume.

Sponsored

OP
OP
hanz5oh

hanz5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
Nah don't cut up the Corsa :(
I know :(

Thinking about it makes me cringe a little! Still don't know what to do. I Wish there was an active exhaust option for the 2015+

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
True Story

My neighbor's wife said my car, when I start it up, sounds sexy!

Thank goodness for H-pipes and resonator deletes!!!

CVCAshmere

5PointSlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
I know :(

Thinking about it makes me cringe a little! Still don't know what to do. I Wish there was an active exhaust option for the 2015+
X-Force Exhaust and Roush have active mufflers for the 2015-17's. There might be a way to rig the valves to fit your system.

BarefooTonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Every time I read a post like this I think something is wrong with my car. I have Kooks Headers HiFlo Cats and Corsa Sport and its not that loud... Even cruising around town you can keep it really quiet or maybe it seems that way because I'm always inside the car and its really loud outside :shrug:

Are you guys living in apartments/condos or townhouses where you are right on top of each other? I live in a neighborhood with 1/3acre lots and nobody says anything... plus it's nowhere near as loud as the weekend Harley's all the Old Timers have on my street. Now don't get me wrong if I take it up over 4K RPM she starts screaming

Sponsored

5PointSlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Every time I read a post like this I think something is wrong with my car. I have Kooks Headers HiFlo Cats and Corsa Sport and its not that loud... Even cruising around town you can keep it really quiet or maybe it seems that way because I'm always inside the car and its really loud outside :shrug:

Are you guys living in apartments/condos or townhouses where you are right on top of each other? I live in a neighborhood with 1/3acre lots and nobody says anything... plus it's nowhere near as loud as the weekend Harley's all the Old Timers have on my street. Now don't get me wrong if I take it up over 4K RPM she starts screaming
Lots are about 50 feet wide in my area, the houses are pretty much on top of each other

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My neighbors probably hate me as well..

Eh :shrug:

My exhaust is very loud. Its pretty much straight pipe.. No resonator, no mufflers.But I don't think its loud, partially because I am going deaf because of it.
That being said.. Wouldn't change it for the world! I love it

Last edited:

Kenny_S550GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I got the stink eye awhile back when my neighbor asked why my car was so loud, I responded with, Is that your dog that barks all day because you forgot about him being outside when you left!
Awesome response. Have a neighbor that leaves their dog outside from 11pm -3am on a daily basis and that dog will bark at everything.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbors probably hate me as well..

Eh :shrug:

My exhaust is very loud. Its pretty much straight pipe.. No resonator, no mufflers. I also don't think its loud but partially because I am going deaf because of it. That being said.. Wouldn't change it for the world! I love it
Friend of mine has that, including no cats. It's to the point now he can't even leave his street without getting pulled over :lol:

I laugh at him every time cause that's one of the most annoying noise ever.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, my neighbors hate me with just my Corsa Sport...I can only imagine with headers!
Ditto... All of my neighbors but one like my Corsa's. That guy really hates them. He lives on the corner so I paddle shift down crackling and rumbling to his stop sign.
Sponsored