Sponsored

MY 2017 GT350 Potential Package Changes

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I'd say there's some potential we'll see the 7 speed from the Ford GT at some point. Most of the development is done, so why not?
I think that could happen. But a traditional torque-converter automatic will have a very hard time handling 8250 rpm.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I'd say there's some potential we'll see the 7 speed from the Ford GT at some point. Most of the development is done, so why not?

Front-engine rear wheel drive car vs mid-engine car with a transaxle. Not even close to being able to work.

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
I would think they would add the Nav/Sync to the track pack for 17 as the only way you can get Nav/Sync with Recaros and the coolers is get the R which is not really an option due to the limited numbers. Plus 95% or more of the R's are getting ordered with the Nav package and not the standard no radio/AC option.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Front-engine rear wheel drive car vs mid-engine car with a transaxle. Not even close to being able to work.
Most of the development is in the trans guts for durability/performance and the calibration. Putting a new case around it isn't that hard in comparison, though things like NVH come into play.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Automatic Convertible GT350?

:lol: I snicker because so many of you just cringed!

Sponsored

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
Ford did everything they could to keep the "base" price under $50k. When you consider that the 100 2015 MYs were 50.50 (tech/track), and it seems most, or nearly all of the 2016 MYs have either the tech or track package, to me, Ford should make the following changes:

1 - Include as "standard" equipment - heavy duty front springs, MagneRide Damping System, Intergrated Driver Control System, Aluminum Tower to Tower Brace (even though it seems this may already be standard), Sync 3, turn signal mirrors, Universal Garage door opener. I realize this would push the starting price to about $53K (?), but buyers are buying these "extras" anyway.

2 - Track package to include Engine oil, transmission, and differential coolers, raised deck spoiler.

3 - Tech package to include 7 speaker audio system, Sirius XM radio, 6 way power and passenger seats, Climate controlled front seats, Leather-trimmed sport seats Dual zone Temp control, Voice activated navigation.

4 - Navigation could be a separate option for the track package.

5 - Painted roof, OTT stripes, Triple yellow, remain the same.

BTW, if Ford puts an automatic transmission in this car, I will sell mine.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I would think they would add the Nav/Sync to the track pack for 17 as the only way you can get Nav/Sync with Recaros and the coolers is get the R which is not really an option due to the limited numbers. Plus 95% or more of the R's are getting ordered with the Nav package and not the standard no radio/AC option.
Keep in mind they're not having any problem selling the non-R with that as the current setup. If they think it was okay for '16, they probably still think it's okay for '17.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ford did everything they could to keep the "base" price under $50k. When you consider that the 100 2015 MYs were 50.50 (tech/track), and it seems most, or nearly all of the 2016 MYs have either the tech or track package, to me, Ford should make the following changes:

1 - Include as "standard" equipment - heavy duty front springs, MagneRide Damping System, Intergrated Driver Control System, Aluminum Tower to Tower Brace (even though it seems this may already be standard), Sync 3, turn signal mirrors, Universal Garage door opener. I realize this would push the starting price to about $53K (?), but buyers are buying these "extras" anyway.

2 - Track package to include Engine oil, transmission, and differential coolers, raised deck spoiler.

3 - Tech package to include 7 speaker audio system, Sirius XM radio, 6 way power and passenger seats, Climate controlled front seats, Leather-trimmed sport seats Dual zone Temp control, Voice activated navigation.

4 - Navigation could be a separate option for the track package.

5 - Painted roof, OTT stripes, Triple yellow, remain the same.

BTW, if Ford puts an automatic transmission in this car, I will sell mine.
Why would an optional MY18+ dual clutch automatic change how much you enjoy your MY16 enough to sell it? Really? :shrug::crazy:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Why would an optional MY18+ dual clutch automatic change how much you enjoy your MY16 enough to sell it? Really? :shrug::crazy:
If anything, it will make it more valuable.

For 2017
-MSRP increase
-Sync 3 possibly on all cars
-possible additional unique color
-leather recaro option for the tech pack

no real changes otherwise

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If anything, it will make it more valuable.

For 2017
-MSRP increase
-Sync 3 possibly on all cars
-possible additional unique color
-leather recaro option for the tech pack

no real changes otherwise
Exactly. Perhaps that's why he wants to sell it? If I could afford one of these cars, it'd be one of the things I'd hold onto as long as life let me.

Sponsored

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
Exactly. Perhaps that's why he wants to sell it? If I could afford one of these cars, it'd be one of the things I'd hold onto as long as life let me.
Okay, I don't know if anyone here can say this, but please try to understand. Back in the 60s, when I was a teenager, I owned a 1966 Shelby GT350 (white/blue stripes), with a 4-speed. That was a race car that was barely legal as a street car. It was loud, hard to drive, especially in traffic (no power steering and a Detroit locker rear end), had such a strong clutch that your leg would shake if you kept it in a red light, smelled (side exhaust and no undercarriage or sound material, and drank gas at 10mpg. It was closest thing to a race car you could buy at that time, excluding the Cobra.

It is amazing how Ford was able to put together the 2015/16 Shelbys' today that provides that same sense of speed, sound, and control, without all the negatives I experienced in the '66. I believe any deviation from the current setup will duplicate the demise of the original 350 - when Shelby lost control and Ford eventually took over the production of the car, which became bloated and outperformed by most other performance cars during the late 60s.

To tell you the truth, I was hoping Ford would only produce the car for the 2015/16 MYs, just like they did for the 1969/70 Boss 302s, 429s, and the 2012/13 Boss 302s. I thought Ford was coming out with a new version of a Mach 1 for 2017/18. I know they will release the GT supercar, but from everything I have heard, it is only available for 2017/18.

Personally, I believe it is in Ford's best interest to maintain the two year limited production of these performance cars. They maintain their value and more importantly, they maintain their customer base for these cars, as well as those they produce in the future. Just my two cents.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
If Ford offered an automatic in the GT350, they would most likely limit the engine RPM. Torque converter would be okay then. The question is how heavy would the auto trans be ?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, I don't know if anyone here can say this, but please try to understand. Back in the 60s, when I was a teenager, I owned a 1966 Shelby GT350 (white/blue stripes), with a 4-speed. That was a race car that was barely legal as a street car. It was loud, hard to drive, especially in traffic (no power steering and a Detroit locker rear end), had such a strong clutch that your leg would shake if you kept it in a red light, smelled (side exhaust and no undercarriage or sound material, and drank gas at 10mpg. It was closest thing to a race car you could buy at that time, excluding the Cobra.

It is amazing how Ford was able to put together the 2015/16 Shelbys' today that provides that same sense of speed, sound, and control, without all the negatives I experienced in the '66. I believe any deviation from the current setup will duplicate the demise of the original 350 - when Shelby lost control and Ford eventually took over the production of the car, which became bloated and outperformed by most other performance cars during the late 60s.

To tell you the truth, I was hoping Ford would only produce the car for the 2015/16 MYs, just like they did for the 1969/70 Boss 302s, 429s, and the 2012/13 Boss 302s. I thought Ford was coming out with a new version of a Mach 1 for 2017/18. I know they will release the GT supercar, but from everything I have heard, it is only available for 2017/18.

Personally, I believe it is in Ford's best interest to maintain the two year limited production of these performance cars. They maintain their value and more importantly, they maintain their customer base for these cars, as well as those they produce in the future. Just my two cents.
Ok fair point that the current car is the closest thing to reincarnating the '66 in a modern vehicle. That said, wouldn't a DCT option make it more like many race cars of today? I'm not saying I'd want one - I would get the manual, but if the 911 GT3 can go to a DCT for a variety of reasons, why couldn't the GT350 offer it as an option?

[ame]

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If Ford offered an automatic in the GT350, they would most likely limit the engine RPM. Torque converter would be okay then. The question is how heavy would the auto trans be ?
There's no way they'd do a torque converter auto in this car. Fear not.