Sponsored

My 17 or My 18 Mustang

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
The refreshed mustang looks horrible! Feelmfor anyone who ends up with it. The front end is a mess, and those headlights :S
Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Yeah I agree, don't like the front end changes, mostly the lower grill area and removal of the foglights (wonder what that means for our DRLs? Maybe integrated into the blinker/parker unit now?). It just doesn't match the upper grille anymore. Ford AU will be happy I guess as they won't need to pick an uglier lower grille for us this time.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto

dtdazza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT TY
Ok. I am darn glad I got my car already. The facelift looks ... Tame???

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
I can see an aftermarket company out now with the drawing pencils, sketching up a new front end.

I hope they come up with something nice to replace the factory front end, or i'll be picking up a 2016/17 model, once i'm back from my travels

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
God the my18 front end looks horrid

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Any of you gents know when the last order date would be for RHD MY17's? Really hoping there is still a chance to get 17's!
Very little chance I'd say. Most deliveries are still taking a year so if the change over happens in June as expected, to order now you'd be hoping to pick up a cancelled order IMO. I ordered in Oct and am worried. If I miss a MY17 build I think I'll cancel the order. Missing the colour I want and having that new front end, I know it's something that would always nag me. I'd be happier picking up a used unit.

EDIT: just realised you're in the UK. Things might be different over there.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Very little chance I'd say. Most deliveries are still taking a year so if the change over happens in June as expected, to order now you'd be hoping to pick up a cancelled order IMO. I ordered in Oct and am worried. If I miss a MY17 build I think I'll cancel the order. Missing the colour I want and having that new front end, I know it's something that would always nag me. I'd be happier picking up a used unit.

EDIT: just realised you're in the UK. Things might be different over there.
i ordered the same time as u i think i might have mention it before. i got emailed my NSC earlier this month, will be close to see which models we / I get.

Sponsored

Grossou12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 Pony
i ordered the same time as u i think i might have mention it before. i got emailed my NSC earlier this month, will be close to see which models we / I get.
same got mine in november, i like both models so not fussed, but wondering which one i'll get in the end.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
same got mine in november, i like both models so not fussed, but wondering which one i'll get in the end.
according to caradvice (not sure how legit they are ) 2018MY will only reach our shores first half 2018 as the americanos will only have it 3rd quarter this year. so i take that as we probably get the 2017MY.

AMJAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Aug 17 arrival)
I really like the 2018 now that I have seen all the pics in the thread especially in Magnetic. I am actually asking to have my car moved to a MY18. The addition of direct injection, the LCD dash, bi modal exhaust and probably the fix for most of the niggily issues with the MY17 has me sold. I also really like the new design. I think in the flesh it is going to look even better.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
I really like the 2018 now that I have seen all the pics in the thread especially in Magnetic. I am actually asking to have my car moved to a MY18. The addition of direct injection, the LCD dash, bi modal exhaust and probably the fix for most of the niggily issues with the MY17 has me sold. I also really like the new design. I think in the flesh it is going to look even better.
Slow down mate.. I wouldn't go and ask for that before the local details have been announced. There is a high likelihood that half those things don't come to Australia given that most are options in the US.

AMJAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Aug 17 arrival)
I have no choice my car despite only being ordered in December is going into production in a couple of weeks so I had to make a decision.
Sponsored