My 17 or My 18 Mustang

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang convertible, X3, Focus
You know, something else to think about, there's no guarantee that what is updated on a 2018 LHD drive model will also be updated on the RHD. Sync is an example - LHD was updated to sync 3 a year before RHD.

I know, mine was built a month before the change. Really pissed me off initially, now I don't care. The car is THAT good! Happy with sync 2, especially the adjustable wallpaper. Had a loaner with sync 3, meh!

You only have the latest for a short time, love the one your with! :)
Sponsored

AMJAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Aug 17 arrival)
I am having this exact problem. I ordered my Manual Magnetic GT in Late November and for some reason it is going into production Feb. I was hoping to get the MY18 with the delays in build but alas this is not the case. Not sure how keen I am to be taking delivery around July when the car will be the outdated model. Talking with my dealer at the moment about what my options are. They are being very helpful which is great. I really think I want the MY18 as it is sure to have Bi Modal exhaust and more power which could save me $1000's in not having to do an xforce exhaust. Also I am sure they will fix all the niggling little issues that have crept in on the series 1. They may also have the tribar DRL this time or something better. Who knows if they give me a better deal that will cover cost of exhaust I may stay with the 17

JWM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Seems like new cars (cancelled orders I guess) starting to pop up dealers now, so doesn't seem like you need to wait if you really want one now. I can see two manual GTs for $64 drive away in Carsales right now...

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
I am having this exact problem. I ordered my Manual Magnetic GT in Late November and for some reason it is going into production Feb. I was hoping to get the MY18 with the delays in build but alas this is not the case. Not sure how keen I am to be taking delivery around July when the car will be the outdated model. Talking with my dealer at the moment about what my options are. They are being very helpful which is great. I really think I want the MY18 as it is sure to have Bi Modal exhaust and more power which could save me $1000's in not having to do an xforce exhaust. Also I am sure they will fix all the niggling little issues that have crept in on the series 1. They may also have the tribar DRL this time or something better. Who knows if they give me a better deal that will cover cost of exhaust I may stay with the 17
If you're not happy cancel your order.

There are no guarantees :shrug:

Who knows when MY18's (if true) will arrive here. Has Ford made any official confirmations about content or dates ?

OP
OP

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
You know, something else to think about, there's no guarantee that what is updated on a 2018 LHD drive model will also be updated on the RHD. Sync is an example - LHD was updated to sync 3 a year before RHD.

I know, mine was built a month before the change. Really pissed me off initially, now I don't care. The car is THAT good! Happy with sync 2, especially the adjustable wallpaper. Had a loaner with sync 3, meh!

You only have the latest for a short time, love the one your with! :)
The My18 is only light update, nothing major so RHD will be almost a 99% Its the next major chassis update in 2020ish if i recall that may be a concern.

I started this thread over the My17 or My18, but as the timing was close i decide i might as well wait for the My18,

Then i ended up ordering a VW Transporter to convert into a Campervan in the meantime, so that will keep me busy and then a trip around Oz, the My19 should be out by the time i finish my 12 month trip and in theory, less waiting time.

We will see, i love the lines on this model, and if the MY18/19 lines are a disappointment, ill just buy a second hand MY17

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
Yeah there are no guarantees if the MY18 will be better looking that the MY15,16,17.

As far as i known, is only a rumour that its getting 10 speed auto and some other goodies, nothing has been confirmed by ford.

until is confirmed, its just speculation...

AMJAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Aug 17 arrival)
It's just a funny situation I am in at the moment. With my car scheduled to be built at end of Feb it will arrive as or after the update is announced. Making my car the old model when it arrives. Just to be clear not unhappy or complaining just trying to figure out what is best for me. It's a dilemma of cancel and re order for MY18 or take the older model. I was not expecting to have car less than 6 months after ordering. I thought it would be 12to 18 months as has happened to most everyone on this forum.
It will sort itself out one way or the other.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Chicago Auto show starts Feb 11. Maybe we see the face lift then.

OP
OP

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
The question is, how long before it flows through to AUS.
They normally change over to the Next MY model in June or July, so i'd say at least November at least and January 2018 for an RHD AUS delivered is a better bet

Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
They normally change over to the Next MY model in June or July, so i'd say at least November at least and January 2018 for an RHD AUS delivered is a better bet
True, but if you take the example of Sync 2 move to Sync 3, that didn't coincide in timing with when the change happened in the US. I'm just putting it out there that model changes may not flow through immediately.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Chicago Auto show starts Feb 11. Maybe we see the face lift then.
There's a report (supposedly originating from a reputable source) over on the main forum posted by subaruwrxfan suggesting that the reveal could be done via a live Facebook feed from California on Tuesday (tomorrow) sometime.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1679425&postcount=1107

So I just got a tip from an anonymous source...I was told to keep an eye on "Ford's Facebook pages this week" for a Mustang live stream event. I asked some follow-up questions and was told where they got the info (won't reveal for privacy reasons but it's a credible source that would know). They told me it'll be a Facebook Live Event that is being held in California and said they were 99% sure it's on Tuesday (not sure what time).

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
also try not to get too caught up in trying to own the best/right car vs actually owning and enjoying the car. and driver mod > all mod when it comes to fastest car

OP
OP

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
Just saw the video of the refreshed MY18 mustang on this site...

very disappointed, the front end just doesn't look right.....

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
I don't like it. I'm glad we've got a MY2017 :thumbsup:
Sponsored