Mustang repeat buyers?

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Being one of those old guys, (I'm 55) I think my generation has grown up with the Mustang being iconic. I didn't buy one before for a few reasons.

I wanted to have no debt and was always planning on buying a weekend car when this happened.

I like modern performance cars.

Kids needed to grow up.

Since all the above has now happened and Ford made the Mustang available here I have my long term keeper. I think younger generations have not had the time I have had wanting one and while it is a good car for them now they have a different outlook and will eventually sell them for something more modern. There will be those that don't fit that mold but I think that's the way it works.

Maybe the younger generation will buy a hybrid V6 Turbo electric Mustang down the track as it eats my 5.0 or even a full electric Mustang but I know what I am keeping.
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I am not most people, nor is [MENTION=19801]2-STANG[/MENTION] :clap2:
Just donate it to me, Ill take care of it ;)

Most not all, of course there are people in their 20's spending up on cars, but Id hazard the average spend on a car goes up as you get older. So I guess its a Bugetti for you once you hit you're 30's ;)

I would also think that many 30-40y/o, need more practical cars, like SUVs. If their petrol heads, at least something with 4doors and a decent boot. Mustang, is a selfish car. I have a SUV as my daily driver. Couldn't live with Pony, on a daily basis. lol:headbonk:
True, no plan on kids here so no need for practical. The only thing I lack between this and my GF's car (Accent Sedan) is a decent space to move stuff about in, my old hatch was quite good for that with seats down, huge space. I saw you can get tow hitches to fit the Mustang which Id probably use once a year for that purpose, but OTOH its like $150 so thats a few days of renting a ute, so probably not worth it.

A C63 wont turn heads like a Mustang either, even if its the better car.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
We have a Territory diesel for family duties. Absolutely fantastic vehicle, moreso considering the platform is 10+ years old now.

Mustang demographic is slanted towards "older" people as Vinno said, it was an iconic car from their youth which was essentially never available to us in RHD.

That will change with the 2018 model as with its upgrades it will attract a younger audience but not in the numbers of the first S550.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Just donate it to me, Ill take care of it ;)

Most not all, of course there are people in their 20's spending up on cars, but Id hazard the average spend on a car goes up as you get older. So I guess its a Bugetti for you once you hit you're 30's ;)

True, no plan on kids here so no need for practical. The only thing I lack between this and my GF's car (Accent Sedan) is a decent space to move stuff about in, my old hatch was quite good for that with seats down, huge space. I saw you can get tow hitches to fit the Mustang which Id probably use once a year for that purpose, but OTOH its like $150 so thats a few days of renting a ute, so probably not worth it, which he might going t

A C63 wont turn heads like a Mustang either, even if its the better car.
True, regarding C63 looks. It is really, a hotted up C-class taxi and a lot of 200/250 Cs have "me to" AMG packs. Mustang isn't based on anything else and i say this to my buddy with his 2013 c63. But damn, it's a great drive. I call it a sophisticated Muscle car. MY17, bi-turbo c63s, must be, of it's head good.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
We have a Territory diesel for family duties. Absolutely fantastic vehicle, moreso considering the platform is 10+ years old now.

Mustang demographic is slanted towards "older" people as Vinno said, it was an iconic car from their youth which was essentially never available to us in RHD.

That will change with the 2018 model as with its upgrades it will attract a younger audience but not in the numbers of the first S550.
Apart from those crappy Tickford converted ones, sold bu Ford, circa 2001/2. A big flop, from what i remember. $80k, back then.:crazy:

Sponsored

El Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I guess I'll weigh in as a mid 20's who only bought less than a month ago: I'm not planning on getting another one, this is going to be a long term keeper. Ever since it was announced that a RHD would be produced and sold in Australia I lusted after one; now that I have it, it will be a great weekend toy for years to come.

I find that the S550 is just the right combination of retro and modern styling, gadgets, etc. Newer versions probably won't offer that much more to make me want to upgrade, and as for other cars there's really nothing else at the same pricepoint that I would want.

Apart from those crappy Tickford converted ones, sold bu Ford, circa 2001/2. A big flop, from what i remember. $80k, back then.:crazy:
I knew a guy who owned one of those; the exhaust note on it from stock was absolutely awesome (better than the S550). He did say (and so did everyone he lent it to) that it drove pretty poorly though.

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
True, regarding C63 looks. It is really, a hotted up C-class taxi and a lot of 200/250 Cs have "me to" AMG packs. Mustang isn't based on anything else and i say this to my buddy with his 2013 c63. But damn, it's a great drive. I call it a sophisticated Muscle car. MY17, bi-turbo c63s, must be, of it's head good.
The C63 sedan maybe...but the coupe looks really bloody tough. Huge arches and big fat wheels. And that exhaust...:headbang:. Thats my dream daily driver.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT

Territory wasn't around in 2001/2.

Edit: Sorry, just realized you were referring to the converted Mustangs. Yes, it took a long time to sell those ones!!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
The C63 sedan maybe...but the coupe looks really bloody tough. Huge arches and big fat wheels. And that exhaust...:headbang:. Thats my dream daily driver.
Huge arches and big wheels? I think your talking about the very rare and mega dollar, Black Edition. The normal c63 coupe looks very tame. :shrug:

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Huge arches and big wheels? I think your talking about the very rare and mega dollar, Black Edition. The normal c63 coupe looks very tame. :shrug:
No sir. Have you seen a current C63 coupe on the road?

Sponsored

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
We will probably be pulled in soon getting off topic but I think the latest C63 coupe looks odd the way the rear of the cabin narrows down. Almost looks like a tear drop at the rear. I think it was done that way to make it look like it has big haunches but it doesn't work compared to the previous model. At least in my books anyway.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Okay, so i'm talking about previous generation C63 and i would have a new C63s vert in heartbeat, if it was around $100k. Roof down, the C63 vert looks better to me, than the coupe. I like those wide guards, but the new C63 coupe's roof/back quarter/c-pillar proportion's look a bit strange to me. Could go down that C63 vert road used, in 3 years. Let someone else take the big $70k+ hit.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
We will probably be pulled in soon getting off topic but I think the latest C63 coupe looks odd the way the rear of the cabin narrows down. Almost looks like a tear drop at the rear. I think it was done that way to make it look like it has big haunches but it doesn't work compared to the previous model. At least in my books anyway.
AMG V8's are always worth going of topic about. They build the best built/performing Muscle cars. period. Totally agree with you, on that C63 coupe roof line. cheers.

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
I am 64 now live in country Victoria and have been retired for many years. I class myself as a motoring enthusiast as I love driving and riding.
My 2017 Lightning Blue Manual Hardtop is my first Ford and I love it.
It is only driven every 2 or 3 weeks and I will keep it until I am no longer able to drive or die.
I bought it because it was the best looking affordable performance car I have seen for a long time.
I am very happy with the vehicle I like it's lack of nanny safety electronics and the way I can configure it's software to suite my requirements with "ForScan".
I have always wanted a Mustang but after driving a couple of older LHD converted mustangs I thought they were rubbish and I kept on buying SS Commodores.
I have (since I was 21) always had a V8 performance car.
I have kept an old VX SS Manual as a daily driver, I also have a Toyota 79 V8 4X4 Ute Set up for touring and a touring motorcycle as well.
I'm thinking of buying an R 1200 RT. 65 yo. I'm looking for 'low CoG, great handling and braking. Is there anything better for me?

gbader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Being one of those old guys, (I'm 55) I think my generation has grown up with the Mustang being iconic.
I am not far behind you (age) and agree with your points

I am a bit of a mustang tragic (have a 65, 66 and the 16), not the best car in the world by any means but they did change motoring forever on release

Not sure I will get the 18, maybe a 500kw electric one in 2022 :)

cheers
Sponsored