Mustang repeat buyers?

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Well I'm custodian of my Mustang until my grandson turns 25 (then he gets it), so I cannot sell it. Too bad I have to look after it for another 23 years. Moral of the story is "Don't drink too much red wine and promise babies gifts, when others are listening"
I wouldn't sell it anyway. Waited too long to get one.
I would like to watch the Mustang evolve through the future generations and I think there will be a constant but slightly less demand in the RHD countries to justify its continuance.
Red,red wine.lol Enjoy your wine and the Stang, for the next 23years!:cheers:
Sponsored

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Probably unless they stuff up the design. Or the Camara comes over then I'll have to consider that haha.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
I'm getting the feeling, that a lot of Mustang's are being bought by baby boomers, as weekend toy's and as a one time purchase.
The demographic on this forum might be older than for groups on Facebook, but I suspect that is a fairly safe assumption.

There might be some more younger buyers now that the prices have dropped and you now don't have to be an enthusiast (to wait a year) to get one.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
The demographic on this forum might be older than for groups on Facebook, but I suspect that is a fairly safe assumption.

There might be some more younger buyers now that the prices have dropped and you now don't have to be an enthusiast (to wait a year) to get one.
I think the demographic here, seems to be a reflection of people i see in Mustangs though. Over 40 mostly and many over 50.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I think the demographic here, seems to be a reflection of people i see in Mustangs though. Over 40 mostly and many over 50.

Pretty much one of the many reasons I sold the mustang, it is unfortunately turning into an old mans car. It's interesting how you think 'young' people might have to wait for the price to drop to get into one or that they wouldn't be enthusiasts. Then again I also know of a few people in my age bracket who have bought and sold the car because "it was a good car, just not a great car, there was something missing"

I can categorically say that when I am 40-50 I will not be buying a mustang

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Pretty much one of the many reasons I sold the mustang, it is unfortunately turning into an old mans car. It's interesting how you think 'young' people might have to wait for the price to drop to get into one or that they wouldn't be enthusiasts. Then again I also know of a few people in my age bracket who have bought and sold the car because "it was a good car, just not a great car, there was something missing"

I can categorically say that when I am 40-50 I will not be buying a mustang
Categorically? Mmmmm. It doesn't sound like you even really know what your after now, let alone when your 50.:thumbsup:

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Categorically? Mmmmm. It doesn't sound like you even really know what your after now, let alone when your 50.:thumbsup:
I didn't realise you know what I want, must be that omnipotence of the baby boomers shining through :lol:

So are Ford paying you for the marketing for the 2018 yet?

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I didn't realise you know what I want, must be that omnipotence of the baby boomers shining through :lol:

So are Ford paying you for the marketing for the 2018 yet?
I could imagine you in a MY18. Enjoy:cheers:

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Im not surprised that currently its older people owning them even if Im not included in that (early 30s)

They're only available new and unlike the US there is no cheap option either second hand or basic models, they're all premium package basically and new, or near new prices. The second hand market wont be "cheap" until at least 2019 IMO, once 3 year leases for those that leased start ending, and even then I bet it will take a while to actually drop. Otherwise its the current models when they hit 3-5 years when owners start trading them in for the new model, I wouldn't be surprised if I trade up to the next major model past the MY18, so probably MY21-22.

Most people in their 20's arent dropping 45k+ on any car, and even if they want an "expensive" car many would buy formally expensive cars like second hand beemers or higher end Falcons/Commodores that are far cheaper then a new Mustang.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Im not surprised that currently its older people owning them even if Im not included in that (early 30s)

They're only available new and unlike the US there is no cheap option either second hand or basic models, they're all premium package basically and new, or near new prices. The second hand market wont be "cheap" until at least 2019 IMO, once 3 year leases for those that leased start ending, and even then I bet it will take a while to actually drop. Otherwise its the current models when they hit 3-5 years when owners start trading them in for the new model, I wouldn't be surprised if I trade up to the next major model past the MY18, so probably MY21-22.

Most people in their 20's arent dropping 45k+ on any car, and even if they want an "expensive" car many would buy formally expensive cars like second hand beemers or higher end Falcons/Commodores that are far cheaper then a new Mustang.
I would also think that many 30-40y/o, need more practical cars, like SUVs. If their petrol heads, at least something with 4doors and a decent boot. Mustang, is a selfish car. I have a SUV as my daily driver. Couldn't live with Pony, on a daily basis. lol:headbonk:

Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Nope, one will do me.
I think in a few years time I may be tired or bored with the constant V8 rumble (love it now though particularly accelerating past 4,500) and I might be over the wheel spinning when I don't intend it, love it when I mean too. But that's just me, I bore of my cars what ever they are after 3 or 4 years. And start constantly thinking what I might buy next.
Right now I think my next might be a 5 series with a decent engine like a 540i, maybe 12 months old and save myself $50k off the RRP. Maybe a Cayman again, I really miss that handling...I'll just keep on dreaming on....

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Nope, one will do me.
I think in a few years time I may be tired or bored with the constant V8 rumble (love it now though particularly accelerating past 4,500) and I might be over the wheel spinning when I don't intend it, love it when I mean too. But that's just me, I bore of my cars what ever they are after 3 or 4 years. And start constantly thinking what I might buy next.
Right now I think my next might be a 5 series with a decent engine like a 540i, maybe 12 months old and save myself $50k off the RRP. Maybe a Cayman again, I really miss that handling...I'll just keep on dreaming on....
Fixed my unintended wheel spin with wider stickier rubber. Those P-zero things are dangerous. What about a C63s?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM

Guess I am not most people, nor is [MENTION=19801]2-STANG[/MENTION] :clap2:

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Fixed my unintended wheel spin with wider stickier rubber. Those P-zero things are dangerous. What about a C63s?
I have a set of Shelby Venom 20" wheels coming and I'm going to shed them with Michelin Pilots Super Sport 4S, 275 front and 305 on the rear, which are new and supposed to be the ducks nuts. That should get rid of it I hope.

Never a real fan of the C63, but a low K's second hand one at the right price I might be interested.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I have a set of Shelby Venom 20" wheels coming and I'm going to shed them with Michelin Pilots Super Sport 4S, 275 front and 305 on the rear, which are new and supposed to be the ducks nuts. That should get rid of it I hope.

Never a real fan of the C63, but a low K's second hand one at the right price I might be interested.
Looks like your traction issue will be well sorted. Venom is a nice wheel to. I like the new C63 vert. I could see myself in one of those in 3-4 years, if s650 is no go. Let someone else take the big hit on a the $170k amg.
Sponsored