Sponsored

Mustang Mach 1 - *Compatibility Issues* STEEDA Coolant Tank & FP Oil Catch Can (M-6766-A50A) DONT FIT TOGETHER

elmach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
Hi all! Eric from Miami FL here! First post so forgive if it's in the wrong section. I can't seem to find another post on this...
This is pertaining to the passenger side catch can with the Part # ending in "A". It's M-6766-A50A. I believe this is the model for 2018+ BULLIT, & Mach 1.
I have a 2023 Mach 1 (compatible with BULLIT, not sure what else), and I have the STEEDA coolant expansion tank (SKU: 555 0600 ), and the hose on the back side, and the tank being larger, doesn't allow for the FP (M-6766-A50A) oil separator to mount onto the metal bracket.
Will STEEDA make an alternate bracket? In the meantime the separator is just sitting a bit higher and overlapping witht he hose so ive tie-strapped it. Thank god for Tie Straps.

I don't want to go to the J&L catch can as it just floats there without a bracket.

Thanks all for your input!

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I just installed the same catch can on my 23 mach 1 on Saturday, and I have the stock plastic coolant tank. My can was hitting the tank also so I had to bend the bracket a little to make it work. There is a little room between the can and the front of the head, enough that you can lean it back a little and might give you the clearance you need. I would try playing with the bracket a little before you give up and swap to the J&L can.

You could also acquire another bracket from ford and cut of the vertical portion than slips into the can and attach it to your bracket and extent it upward to give you something to hang the can on.

Shit like this happens all the time when you modify your car and mix and match parts from different suppliers. company A will usually be compatible with other company A parts, but might not with company B or C or whatever.

I purposely bought steeda jacking rails because I also wanted the steeda irs braces and their braces only fit with their jacking rails, even tho I wanted the BMR rails as they were a little cheaper and longer than the steeda rails.

Last edited:

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I have a GT and the catch can hits the stock coolant tank also. I just left it. Seems fine.

OP
OP
elmach1

elmach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
I just installed the same catch can on my 23 mach 1 on Saturday, and I have the stock plastic coolant tank. My can was hitting the tank also so I had to bend the bracket a little to make it work. There is a little room between the can and the front of the head, enough that you can lean it back a little and might give you the clearance you need. I would try playing with the bracket a little before you give up and swap to the J&L can.

You could also acquire another bracket from ford and cut of the vertical portion than slips into the can and attach it to your bracket and extent it upward to give you something to hang the can on.

Shit like this happens all the time when you modify your car and mix and match parts from different suppliers. company A will usually be compatible with other company A parts, but might not with company B or C or whatever.

I purposely bought steeda jacking rails because I also wanted the steeda irs braces and their braces only fit with their jacking rails, even tho I wanted the BMR rails as they were a little cheaper and longer than the steeda rails.
yeah, I definitely prefer to stay with the FP catch can and will probably just leave it tie strapped there because it’s pretty snuggly fitted and pushed up on the coolant tank anyway. I thought about buying a bracket but my welding and metal cutting capabilities are limited and I tried bending the bracket, but no way that thing is is pretty rigid doesn’t bend to the side or up much.

but yeah, for the reason you mentioned of manufactures not matching up, I’m definitely just sticking to Ford performance, and then Steeda for the Parts FP doesn’t make. I don’t plan on doing much besides IRS alignment, bushings, rear, subframe, bracket, and want to track the car and see if I really need to upgrade other things from there.

OP
OP
elmach1

elmach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
I have a GT and the catch can hits the stock coolant tank also. I just left it. Seems fine.
yeah, I made it work as well. I’m planning to just leave it. But keep in mind. The Steeda coolant tank is larger than the stock tank so my situation was a bit worse than the stock tank which now I’m thinking I should just have left.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I had to use a pair of channel lock pliers on the bracket to bend it, but it can be done.

OP
OP
elmach1

elmach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
I had to use a pair of channel lock pliers on the bracket to bend it, but it can be done.
I’m gonna give that another crack then! Maybe I was worn out from failure

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
yeah, you can't bend the bracket by hand, you need pliers to do it.

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
My setup was done by Steeda and does not look like yours. I have attached the picture for you to see the engine compartment.

2022 Steeda Mach 1-1.jpg

2022 Steeda Mach 1-2.jpg

2022 Steeda Mach 1-3.jpg

2022 Steeda Mach 1-4.jpg
Sponsored