Not open for further replies.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The mustang was designed for the american market and americans, for the most part, are larger and taller than the rest of the world, so the car was designed to fit us. I'm 6'3" and over 300 lbs so I am grateful the mustang has a large interior. I've sat in classic mustangs and I even owned a fox body mustang back when I was younger and weighed about 225 and those cars felt like a sardine can. you could always go buy an older mustang, pre 2005 as they were smaller cars.

RacinJason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang base GT w/PP
As an owner with a base model interior, I like it a lot. Coming from an '05 GT premium, the new S550 is definitely not a downgrade. I feel quite the opposite, because it has more accent cues paying tribute to its heritage inside and out. I don't compare Mustangs to other cars, because I love Mustangs. Yes, some years were less appealing to me, but they still sold to the masses. I've driven nothing but Mustangs since I started driving and this is my fifth one. Maybe I am a fan, but that shouldn't bother anyone else. If you don't like the hood, try driving a '69. It feels way bigger than the S550. And to compare Mustang to any other car without taking performance into consideration, well that just seems like those making the comparison missed the point. No offense intended, as you are entitled to you opinion as am I. Welcome to the forum.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Not sure what the point of this is since interiors (and exteriors for that matter) are purely subjective. I’m sure there are many cars with nicer interiors but they aren’t a Mustang so here on this forum, who cares?

OP
OP

rokketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
330i E90
Seriously? You’re comparing a sub-$30k car to a $50k car?
I see MSRP for a E90 325i at roughly $6k over a base 2015 Ecoboost, so not quite the $20k, but more expensive nonetheless.

One question? How tall are you and how much do you weigh? That will probably explain much...
Funny you ask as I tried to raise my body and look down more (even though I am above average height) and it did not help. It is just a large interior (far away from you).

The mustang was designed for the american market and americans, for the most part, are larger and taller than the rest of the world, so the car was designed to fit us. I'm 6'3" and over 300 lbs so I am grateful the mustang has a large interior. I've sat in classic mustangs and I even owned a fox body mustang back when I was younger and weighed about 225 and those cars felt like a sardine can. you could always go buy an older mustang, pre 2005 as they were smaller cars.
I will have to sit in the prior gen car and perhaps relay my thoughts on this thread. I do think a 6'3" person can fit in the E90 car just fine as the seats are quite adjustable and if I recall, they can go so far back that you may not even reach the pedals...not 100% if this is the E90 that can adjust like this.

As an owner with a base model interior, I like it a lot. Coming from an '05 GT premium, the new S550 is definitely not a downgrade. I feel quite the opposite, because it has more accent cues paying tribute to its heritage inside and out. I don't compare Mustangs to other cars, because I love Mustangs. Yes, some years were less appealing to me, but they still sold to the masses. I've driven nothing but Mustangs since I started driving and this is my fifth one. Maybe I am a fan, but that shouldn't bother anyone else. If you don't like the hood, try driving a '69. It feels way bigger than the S550. And to compare Mustang to any other car without taking performance into consideration, well that just seems like those making the comparison missed the point. No offense intended, as you are entitled to you opinion as am I. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks! And I am in complete agreement that the S550 is an upgrade in materials and fit/finish/feel from prior gen. Just not dimensions perhaps according to "I Bleed Ford Blue"

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
For the price the Mustang interior is fine. The cloth seats are comfortable and supportive.....the most important thing. All else is fine. If you find the Mustang interior SUV like, you must be a dwarf.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
This is my first post in this forum. Hello to all the mustang enthusiasts, garage DIYers’, big spendas $$, daily drivers of 100% OEM factory queens, track rats, silent lurkers, trolls, and whoever else I missed. This post will likely rub many the wrong way but then again, edifying truth hurts sometimes. Now, I am a car guy and have lived long enough (and owned and driven enough cars) to know what I like and do not like. I hope this post educates the reader and gives them an elevated ability to see the points I make below when they themselves sit in a 'stang. I am somewhat disheartened to write this post because the pre-LCI 6g mustang GT had (key word: HAD) my eye and potentially my wallet. FWIW: The post-LCI mustang is a filthy ugly thing.

So….

Interiors mentioned below and briefly critiqued or commended in one car's case (E90 & F30 3 series, G70 Hyundai and 2018 Mustang). My issues with the Mustangs' interior has nothing to do with the quality of the materials, plastics, etc. But rather, the dimensions.

I rented a 2018 mustang (again), having rented a 2016 or so mustang years ago. What struck me this time was how big the interior felt, let alone the whole car with its big hood. I had an eco-boost convertible. The whole car almost feels SUV-ish, which is nuts considering that its a low-slung coupe. The left and right halves of the dash are just big with their overhangs, and the new LCD cluster is not sporty. It just feels mini-van like. I was bored driving the car on top of the disappointment of the interior. The 4 cylinder ecoboost has some oomph, but the steering is numb even on the sport setting. Boring car and literally would regret buying this within 1 hour.

The absolute best interior I have personally driven as a daily is the E90 sedan without the GPS hump. It feels like one has gotten into something special and driver oriented when sitting in the driver seat. It blows away even its successor, the F30 which is a confused interior with its lines and an ugly gaping hole between the shifter and the climate controls. They fixed it a bit on the 2019 3 series but then they added some half-circle gauges for speed and RPM. I have to sit in one and drive it to know if I like it. On another note..Hyundai seems to have a winner with their G70.

Some have told me the GT350 mustang will not give me the same impression, but I respond with the sentiment that it is impossible for that to be true because the interior has the same dimensions. The mustang is just too big of a car and the interior is not different. I'm American at heart, and I wish Mustang was smaller in every way so my country was not known for such a badly designed (aesthetically, that is) car, inside and out. The Corvette thankfully helps to dispel the notion Americans only build sports cars of the large interior caliber. While the Corvette has a massive hood (at least the C6), the interior feels much better.
Well. Enjoy your small family sedan. Good bye!

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
Not sure what the point of this is since interiors (and exteriors for that matter) are purely subjective. I’m sure there are many cars with nicer interiors but they aren’t a Mustang so here on this forum, who cares?
It's very subjective, yet some people just want attention, or to prove they are "superior" to others by telling you they are. I've driven a a couple of 300 series BMWs, and I thought the interior LOOKED nice, I thought it was cramped and was not something I would want to spend more than about 25 minutes in at one time. Where as my Mustang, I have driven it for 10 hours at a shot with nothing more than a couple of fuel stops, and it was still comfortable to drive and sit in.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
How about the ipad sticking up out of the dash? That looks like crap.
It's very subjective, yet some people just want attention, or to prove they are "superior" to others by telling you they are. I've driven a a couple of 300 series BMWs, and I thought the interior LOOKED nice, I thought it was cramped and was not something I would want to spend more than about 25 minutes in at one time. Where as my Mustang, I have driven it for 10 hours at a shot with nothing more than a couple of fuel stops, and it was still comfortable to drive and sit in.
How about the ipad sticking up out of the dash? That looks like crap

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I don't think I've been in a car interior lately that caused me any real complaints. The Camaro is easily the most cramped with the smallest windshield. But even that I could deal with. The only interior that I didn't like was the Ford Edge/Edge Sport for 2 reasons:

1-The dead pedal is way too far forward, so you can't really stretch out your left leg. For a vehicle that large, Ford should have designed the driver foot well better so the dead pedal could be placed further back.
2-The dashboard is like a mile long before you get to the windshield.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I would agree - one can get used to many things and it is only when driving cars back to back that distinctions can sometimes be made. What struck me off guard was after I sat in my E90 after a while. I was just blown away how beautiful the interior was and how it felt like a driver's

Well for the sake of keeping things on point, I do not want to bring performance into my consideration of interior cockpits because performance is a non sequitur
Not sure why you don't want comments on performance when you yourself brought it up in your OP about the EB engine and steering.

As for the points you made up about your likes and dislikes...thanks for your opinion. I would assume you are going to buy another BMW or a Hyundai?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You could be right there. I am 6'2 and 225 and most European and Asian cars that are global models seem cramped. My wife who is only 5'7 140 (I am guessing, don't show her please!) wants a car with more room. She likes SUV's. My Cayman feels pretty darn small for sure, but you forget about that when you start driving it. The Mustang seems to bridge the gap of giving some elbow room without feeling to open. The Camaro is really tight and the Challenger seems larger. So in my opinion, the Mustang is just right :thumbsup:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Time to turn this thread into another BBQ tick thread. Okay guys so I had a random thought last night. What if the car color is causing the tick? Maybe the lighter colors are to blame? I’m going to make a YouTube video and share my thoughts please like subscribe and comment in the section below the video. Also turn off and blocker because I make my living off YouTube as a Mustang vlogger. Thanks.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.