Mustang Hybrid (S650) Announced, Debuts in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Ford announces all sorts of shit it never does. Hell, the S550 was supposed to be significantly smaller and lighter than the s197 cars, and that never happened. Quite the opposite, as it turns out.
Just when I thought this myth was dead and gone..
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Better still would be a short-stroke Voodoo of around 4.5L. With a proper 0 - 180 - 180 - 0 crank and 4 into 1 exhaust.

Norm
That would be awesome. Either NA if the car was small and light enough, or with TT (assuming Ford won't be able to get enough weight out of the car to hit performance targets with 4.5 NA).

So a 458 engine.
You have to admit it would be sweet.

I'd rather have a hybrid v8 than a tt6. Nothing against the ecoboost I have one in my f150 and it's awesome but in a sports car I want a v8, the sound is worth it.

That being said I really don't want a hybrid v8 lol, just a v8 will do.
I agree with this. TT V6 does nothing for me. They sound like total garbage. I'm not looking for an appliance, and the auditory experience is huge. I never realized how great it can be to drive a car that sounds awesome until I bought the GT350. I'm not going to buy a 6 cylinder car in any form. The main reason I'm not in a Porsche or BMW is that to me the flat 6 or straight 6 doesn't sound as good as the Coyote or Voodoo. But I'm very unlikely to buy a hybrid even attached to a V8 unless there's a law written that prevents me from buying one of the many cool vehicles that have already been produced.

I'll most likely be going backwards to the oldies once the electrics come.
I'm with you there, brother.

Sponsored

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Yeah.... I'm certainly not sold on EV, Hybrid and certainly not going to Autonomous cars. Sorry. Once they take away my drivers license, they might as well hand me a gun. I'll do it myself.

A hybrid Mustang? God I hope it's only an option. Mustangs, V8's, Apple Pie, America. (Not necessarily in that order) Even back when the Mustang II's came out, people screamed blue peter because there was no V8. Lo and behold for 1975 they got it. Hell, aren't the lions share of Mustangs across the pond V8's? And gas is murderously more expensive over there!

It may seem like a good idea right now, but I know of a lot of relationships that started out that way but ended bitterly.

EV/Hybrid stuff is good for people movers, granny-mobiles and grocery getters. Hell, I'd LOVE a fully electric car if it had a range of about 250 miles and cost less than 10k. Something like that - you'd sell a billion of 'em.

But sitting in my garage at home for the weekend will be something fun.... something visceral.... something that gives me a chubby!!

And that something will burn dinosaurs.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I agree.. I purchased a Mustang not to replace my Mini-van or SUV, but to give me something Visceral to drive... I wanted the auditory experience of the V8 growl... heck.. I was even unsatisified with the stock exhaust because it muffled that beautiful engine... went through 2 different exhaust systems and finally settled on the Corsa to get the sound and experience I wanted. It puts a smile on my face every time.. that is what I paid for.. not transportatoin

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
FYI, foxbusiness.com and other news sources report that after 2019, Geely announced that all Volvo vehicles will be hybrids or fully electric.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
FYI, foxbusiness.com and other news sources report that after 2019, Geely announced that all Volvo vehicles will be hybrids or fully electric.
Only on new models introduced after 2019. That means that any model that currently exists will still be made with gas combustion engines.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Another reason to NOT buy a Volvo.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Status
Not open for further replies.