Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
NP, the stock clutch really did surprise me. I beat on my car really bad with the stock clutch; broke the torsen diff and bent a ford racing half shaft. But, it is just a matter of time before the stock clutch dies. I got my RXT and flywheel from Terry at Beefcake. Terry gave me an amazing deal!!!
How is the "feel" of the RXT pedal wise? Does it make the pedal a lot more stiff and hard to push in? You can push the stock clutch in by basically just blowing on it lol I know that is due to spring assistance... but just curious the comparison.
Sponsored

OP
OP
alrodri8

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
any s/c is fun on these cars

obviously at under 6k , with better injectors, and tons of growing potential, i think it's hard to beat our paxton setup!

:)
Hey Beefcake. If i do go Paxton I will most likely give you a call! Do you know if there are any torque booster kits available for the Paxton on a 2015, or when they may be released if not?

OP
OP
alrodri8

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was on the stock clutch for 3000 miles with no issues at all. I launched and beat on my car a lot during that time and the stock clutch never slipped. I only changed it out because I knew that it was just a matter of time before died. I swapped it for a Mcleod RXT. If I hadn't done the install, I wouldn't even know that I had a aftermarket clutch.

Supporting mods that I would recommend with our FI.

Mcleod RXT with Mcleod flywheel
DSS 1400s or Ford Racing half shafts
BMR CB005
Better tires lol

If you would like to check out my car just let me know. I live in Wesley Chapel near Wire Grass mall.
Thanks for the offer, I may hit you up soon. If only I can get a Paxton car that would do the same, that would help make my decision greatly.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Hey Beefcake. If i do go Paxton I will most likely give you a call! Do you know if there are any torque booster kits available for the Paxton on a 2015, or when they may be released if not?
I think he said he is coming out with them soon

I built my own cause I have no patience :ninja:

OP
OP
alrodri8

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
First you need to get rid of the 3.73 gears in favor of 3.31 gears for which ever power adder you want

Second you need to figure out what type of power you want. Personally I feel the Centri is the best option for the new motor. They make great torque and apply the power in a linear fashion which helps putting it to the pavement.

You have a few thousand you need to spend on drive-line upgrades first.
I was considering this, but wanted to wait till after the FI install to follow through.

Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
How is the "feel" of the RXT pedal wise? Does it make the pedal a lot more stiff and hard to push in? You can push the stock clutch in by basically just blowing on it lol I know that is due to spring assistance... but just curious the comparison.
The pedal feel is the same as stock. RXT is the way to go for a clutch.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
alrodri8

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Was just wondering if the are any pros over each setup when it comes to a stick car over auto, Such as if its harder to obtain a low 10 sec time with a Whipple over a Paxton and whatnot. Definitely appreciate the input guys.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Was just wondering if the are any pros over each setup when it comes to a stick car over auto, Such as if its harder to obtain a low 10 sec time with a Whipple over a Paxton and whatnot. Definitely appreciate the input guys.
Many factors outside of the FI you choose will determine 1/4 times. Both systems can easily get you in the 10's... but with a stick you have to get a good launch without spinning for 1/10 of a mile, and also shift pretty quick. But track conditions, tires, etc.. all come into play regardless of if you're running auto or stick. Both have the capability tho.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
there have been 3-4 10 second Paxton stick cars to my knowledge. I do not know about the others.

Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
any power adder will get you there.
The amazing MT-ChineseSlushBox is what I would be worried about.

Timo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Mustang GT PP
Anyone know how the IAT are after intercooling as entering the heads? Pound for pound boost. I'm kind of obsessed with this measureable. I have a procharger on a 98 cobra I have built (before being sent out of the country for like ten years), and ended up taking it off. I never had hard core measurements of temps though. One beautiful thing in favor of whipple is that flare tool. Awfully nice to be able to "de-tune" first gear etc. I'm an engineer so that stuff is appealing lol. Yes I'm a geek that is obsessed with iat's.......

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Anyone know how the IAT are after intercooling as entering the heads? Pound for pound boost. I'm kind of obsessed with this measureable. I have a procharger on a 98 cobra I have built (before being sent out of the country for like ten years), and ended up taking it off. I never had hard core measurements of temps though. One beautiful thing in favor of whipple is that flare tool. Awfully nice to be able to "de-tune" first gear etc. I'm an engineer so that stuff is appealing lol. Yes I'm a geek that is obsessed with iat's.......
Yup me to, why "because IAT's matter" :lol: Problem with the twin scre setups is no one really has an accurate measurement from IAT 2 post intercooler. The kits do have an IAT 2 sensor that is read by the PCM, however the PCM PID for that sensor is not setup to be displayed accurately. The only way right now I know of is to use an independent IAT sensor like a thermo coupler and gauge to display it. Or what I'm doing NGauge Coupled with Zietronix ZT-2 which is setup to be plugged into the Ngauge and already has ZT PID's to display IAT, BOOST, fuel pressure and a couple more. I doing IAT and boost sensors. The other issue with the Whipple is getting another IAT sensor into the intake post intercooler. The only tapped ports are 1/8 NPT passenger side is plugged. Well I found a 1/8 NPT compact IAT sensor sold by EAM. I sent the transfer function to Zietronix and they said it was the same as transfer function on theirs and should work. Best part is now I will be able to data log my IAT with the Ngauge.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=pr...ture-sensors/air-inlet-temperature-ait-sensor

Timo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Mustang GT PP
You sir are my new hero. You should be on the verge of real meaningful data. I really hope you keep this thread going with your updates or begin your own. This one is nice in that it ties the two primary blowers many are interested in. If you do start your own please do let me know. I'd love to subscribe. There are a couple of guys on here local to me that are doing their own intercooler too. That would be the trifecta. To know how all three work. Incidentally. The fact you use the phrase transfer function in sentences means you were EE? I'm mechanical guy. Is this a complete hijack job on the op thread? Lol.

OP
OP
alrodri8

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
there have been 3-4 10 second Paxton stick cars to my knowledge. I do not know about the others.
Does that mean it is more common to see whippled stick cars in the 10 second range over the Paxton cars? Besides shifting and launch, are there any other issues the Paxton cars may have that the Whipple cars don't?
Sponsored