2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Lol
Sponsored

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I've been a GM guy for years. I wanted to like the Camaro but I literally felt like a 3 year old sitting in a bathtub in it and the visibility sucks big time. What's the point of all that performance if you can't see? Not very confidence inspiring. Pass.
This. Absolutely this. While the Camaro has some good things going for it, I was so nervous testing the Camaro because the visibility was beyond atrocious. I couldn't see myself being confident enough in that car to truly enjoy it. The mustang fit like a glove and I have absolutely zero regrets.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
First I didn't correct your spelling, that was someone else. I saw it but didn't say anything about it... But since I'm being accused of it I'll go ahead and start now. It's teKsid, not texsid. :lol:

And there's nothing to understand, a 2016 GT with a 2010 GT engine in it probably wouldn't sell well enough for the Mustang line to survive. I mean you'd buy it, but hardly anyone else would. So of course stock performance matters. It's a starting point.

I understand why you don't want it to matter, because your favorite car is on the losing end of the stick.
Oh good you did google it. So do you understand the potential of a modded 4.6 Cobra motor yet??? Stock only matters to people with an Atak. I'll be fine against stock Camaros and Corvettes and.........whatever. Your favorite car is losing. My favorite car hasn't lost a race this year.:thumbsup:Have you even been involved in a race this year?If you cant understand that I don't know what to tell you. If something is faster than you stock. You can do something about it. OR you can sit on forums and do what you do.:shrug:Choice is yours. Try to comprehend the stock vs stock argument you forum warriors keep having over and over again. Doesn't apply to me.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Oh good you did google it. So do you understand the potential of a modded 4.6 Cobra motor yet??? Stock only matters to people with an Atak. I'll be fine against stock Camaros and Corvettes and.........whatever. Your favorite car is losing. My favorite car hasn't lost a race this year.:thumbsup:Have you even been involved in a race this year?If you cant understand that I don't know what to tell you. If something is faster than you stock. You can do something about it. OR you can sit on forums and do what you do.:shrug:Choice is yours. Try to comprehend the stock vs stock argument you forum warriors keep having over and over again. Doesn't apply to me.
I gotta wonder, if you hate a stock vs stock conversation how do you always seem to stumble into these sorts of threads?

Also I don't have an ATAK on my S550, I have a Corsa Extreme. You seen about as aware of who your talking to as my drunk uncle...

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Like I said don't mind him

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I gotta wonder, if you hate a stock vs stock conversation how do you always seem to stumble into these sorts of threads?

Also I don't have an ATAK on my S550, I have a Corsa Extreme. You seen about as aware of who your talking to as my drunk uncle...
Like I said don't mind him
My apologies. I get the magazine racers on here confused. It's always the same two or three guys.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Lol

Car Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
This. Absolutely this. While the Camaro has some good things going for it, I was so nervous testing the Camaro because the visibility was beyond atrocious. I couldn't see myself being confident enough in that car to truly enjoy it. The mustang fit like a glove and I have absolutely zero regrets.
Confident enough?????? Really?

Make sure no one lets this nervous nelly drive their Lamborghini, Ferrari, or any other sports car that doesn't have Honda Accord visibility. lol.

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Confident enough?????? Really?

Make sure no one lets this nervous nelly drive their Lamborghini, Ferrari, or any other sports car that doesn't have Honda Accord visibility. lol.
Yes. Confident. Especially in places like downtown Chicago traffic with hundred of pedestrians crowding the streets during rush hour.

Now stop beating your chest in a show of manliness and get back to talking about our cars instead of bashing people.

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I feel like a lot of these words people use are huge exaggerations.

apparently .3 seconds difference to 60 or in the quarter mile is "UTTERLY DESTROYED" or "absolutely raped!".

Of course they can be compared, but i think you mean the camaro is so far out of the league of the mustang you shouldn't even compare it which i also disagree with. It's not like the mustang is a 1999 Nissan Sentra, it will probably more than keep up with the camaro but will have a tough time. To the average person, these cars are very close in performance. I think i can safely say this as when I went down to the Lightening track in Millville, NJ, to the average person, the average person will not be able to fully take advantage of the slight differences in the cars. I was on the track with a 2012 camaro zl1, a corvette stingray, a shelby cobra kit car, lexus is-f. I was able to pass all of those cars in my completely stock Auto, non-pp stang. I had stock tires, brakes, everything. This doesn't mean that my car is better or faster, but my point is that to us, the average people who do autocross or a few track days a year, any car under 5 seconds to 60 will be close enough where a few tenths of a second

Like come on guys, lets be reasonable. Times this close is as much a drivers race than anything. I am fully understanding that the camaro in stock form is faster than the mustang, not by a huge amount but enough.

Sorry for the rant. I just dislike when people say things like the camaro SS is much better compared to the new gt350, as if the GT is so out of its league.
But by your own logic, isn't the performance of the SS closer and better compared to the GT350 than the GT?

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Says the bench racer. I hate this statement more than any other on the internet. If a car is "supposed" to run 11.9 but 96% of drivers can't do it, are they driving an 11 sec car? Answer, no.
If I have a stereo that can do 125 watts per channel but I never turn it up all the way is it still a 125 watt-per channel system? Yes, it is.
Sponsored