Sponsored

Mossy Ford in San Diego Tries to tack on $30k AFTER deal

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
Stopped by Mossy today to see if they still have my car sitting there with a 30k markup. I am happy to report that it is still there gathering dust. Hope mossy likes paying interest every day...
I totally agree with you, but the sad part is that the car can sit there for 6 month and if they sell it at the $30k then there is no lost on their part and the cycle continues.
Sponsored

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
Congrats on your purchase and I am sure you will enjoy the car. I came very close to doing the same thing - buying a car from a dealer on the East Coast. It seems, even today, that the East is getting more cars than the West Coast, causing WC dealers to make up their cars with crazy ATMs. This was back in November of 2015 and I nearly went for a deal with "only" a $5K markup. That same day I noticed a new car was being sold by a SF Bay Area dealer, called, and made a deal over the phone. When I added in the costs for transportation and other fees associated with the EC purchase, the difference of $1K was not that big of a deal for me, since I was able to see the local car and drive it home that day. I don't know if this makes any difference or not in the future, but by buying early, I have a real low chassis number (111) - only time will tell.

OP
OP

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I totally agree with you, but the sad part is that the car can sit there for 6 month and if they sell it at the $30k then there is no lost on their part and the cycle continues.
They won't get 30k. The longer it sits, the more likely they'll get MSRP only.

And flooring isn't cheap. Dealerships usually pay prime + 4%. So, current prime rate is 3.5%, meaning dealership is paying around 7% for flooring.

$57,000 at 7% interest is approximately $330/month in interest. So, if it sits for 6 months and then sells for MSRP, they've eaten into quite a bit of their profits.

Sponsored

firefisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
WOW, that is just what I want. Good for you. I always say there is a reason for everything. Seems like you got a better dealer then your first choice.

StuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem 'vert
Stopped by Mossy today to see if they still have my car sitting there with a 30k markup. I am happy to report that it is still there gathering dust. Hope mossy likes paying interest every day...
Had a similar experience with Mossy BMW. Tried to tack on a massive ADM on a car I was interested in. I just laughed out loud, in their face and we walked out. Bought the exact car I wanted from another dealer, at a discount. Have since heard many others in my local car club circles say to watch out for Mossy dealership schemes. Best to do your homework re dealers.

toofast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Ford kicked out new allocations recently, I've been getting calls seeing if I still want one.

2017 info and allocations are also going to be given out in a couple of months.
Fancy that, new allocations. Kinda Fords way of indicating through actions that the GT350 is in reality "limited" by how many they can sell. Might be a surprise to newcomers and those who bent over but it always works this way and is obviously no different here. You will see discounts from sticker long before the GT500 arrives.
Sponsored