Sponsored

Mossy Ford in San Diego Tries to tack on $30k AFTER deal

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
After 11 months of Mossy Ford telling me MSRP for my GT350, handshake with the dealership GM, etc; went to go pick it up today and they tried to pull the $30k market adjustment bullshit. So, if anyone wants to get a perfectly spec'd GT350 (blue with white stripe, tech pkg, suede, no front license plate) and doesn't mind being shafted without lube, go talk to Mossy Ford in San Diego.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
After 11 months of Mossy Ford telling me MSRP for my GT350, handshake with the dealership GM, etc; went to go pick it up today and they tried to pull the $30k market adjustment bullshit. So, if anyone wants to get a perfectly spec'd GT350 (blue with white stripe, electronics pkg, suede, no front license plate) and doesn't mind being shafted without lube, go talk to Mossy Ford in San Diego.
Not too surprised as I got dicked over by every San Diego dealer in the city (at least 8 or 9 of them). I had one ensure me no more than a 1 or 2k markup only to find out that "his manager" decided to do a silent auction for rights to the order. Impossible to find one for less than $15k markup unless you are best friends with a dealer.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
No such thing as a suede option, but okay. That's my exact car though.

Sponsored

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
Yep. Even had my name on the window...
:frusty: Can't believe this wasn't disclosed to you sooner. Did you have anything in writing? The dealer assume you would see the car and be so in love that you wouldn't mind being $30k poorer?? :frusty:

Good news is you should be able to get your hands on one out of state for a less ridiculous price.

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
Ken Gordy has 6 GT350s!! All with Tech Pack and One 2015 with Track. They are buying them from other dealers for $15K and selling for $30k If anyone wants one.
Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 2.54.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 2.54.34 PM.png

OP
OP

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
:frusty: Can't believe this wasn't disclosed to you sooner. Did you have anything in writing? The dealer assume you would see the car and be so in love that you wouldn't mind being $30k poorer?? :frusty:

Good news is you should be able to get your hands on one out of state for a less ridiculous price.
I have in writing that they were going to sell it to me for sticker price plus taxes and fees. They're claiming that ADM is a market adjustment "fee"

Sponsored

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Fees are documentation fees.

ADM fees are what they choose to add. You may have a case but I'm not a lawyer nor I'm not sure if it's worth pursuing.

It just ducks that they pull this tactic on you.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have in writing that they were going to sell it to me for sticker price plus taxes and fees. They're claiming that ADM is a market adjustment "fee"
I would call the BBB and local chamber of commerce. :) If your initial sales contract already accounts for all taxes and fees, adding one after the fact is a breach of contract. I would also ask to speak directly to the GM and dealership owner and let them know your plan of action. I would also reach out to Ford directly and provide your initial sales order and let them know what happened. Might want to see if you can track down the name and number of the regional rep as well

Its one thing to get you up front with it, its another to pull a huge bait and switch which in turn caused to to miss on numerous other MSRP deals

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
I would call the BBB and local chamber of commerce. :) If your initial sales contract already accounts for all taxes and fees, adding one after the fact is a breach of contract.
worse than that, its illegal. Good old bait and switch. Really dependent on the DA giving a shit about it though.

OP
OP

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Contact Ford ASAP.
Ford can't do anything. Each dealership is able to do what they want. Its not worth the time.
Sponsored