Sponsored

More on the 5.2L FPC Rumor

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
You guys doubting 600hp.....need to realize, the Boss 302 makes 444rwhp with a few "bolt-on" pieces, and aggressive tuning.

That is over 500hp, at the flywheel.

My guess is, the new GT engine (revised coyote) - with some tweaks, is over 500hp already. I mean, it is basically a Boss engine with hyper pistons, larger cams, and a "worse" intake mani.

Throw a CJ intake on the new engine, tune it, it's definitely over 500hp. By a good bit, I bet.
It might even be DFI...
Sponsored

Voorhees

Threads
Reaction score
You guys doubting 600hp.....need to realize, the Boss 302 makes 444rwhp with a few "bolt-on" pieces, and aggressive tuning.

That is over 500hp, at the flywheel.

My guess is, the new GT engine (revised coyote) - with some tweaks, is over 500hp already. I mean, it is basically a Boss engine with hyper pistons, larger cams, and a "worse" intake mani.

Throw a CJ intake on the new engine, tune it, it's definitely over 500hp. By a good bit, I bet.
I own a BOSS 302 and they make 444 at the crank, not the wheels. Most dyno around 380-390RWH.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
I own a BOSS 302 and they make 444 at the crank, not the wheels. Most dyno around 380-390RWH.
He did not state it was stock, he stated it was with modifications (easy to do), so he is simply highlighting that the current boss 302 engine can be improved upon. Not stating what you bought is stock is that power output.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
The Ferrari uses a lot more exotic materials and components than what Ford would put into this GT350. This car would be all about the running gear and suspension setup vs. ceramic brakes, carbon fiber, ultra high end leather, insane transmission pricing,etc. just my thoughts.

I think Ford could deliver something close to 600HP NA with this FPC motor. This would be a game changer for the American automotive market. Same thing they did with the 03/04 Cobra and reliable high HP FI production motors.
well you have to remember that a ferrari's cost model is not indicative of the costs that Ford will have. Also Ferrari charges excessively so that the rich guys buy it, if it is too cheap the super rich will not buy it. They limit production. So mostly the ferrari is a good car that is marketed like a swiss watch. Most swiss watches have the same movement yet the prices range from a few hundred for a swatch mechanical movement to $10,000 for a higher end with the same movement.

As well as a lot of shelby guys do not really care what the car costs as long as it performs very well. Some would rather have a $80K car that is a good as it can be, rather than a $45K comprimise. Others of course would rather have the $45K car.

ChefBorOzzy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
He did not state it was stock, he stated it was with modifications (easy to do), so he is simply highlighting that the current boss 302 engine can be improved upon. Not stating what you bought is stock is that power output.
The way he worded it makes no sense. Why would one mention 444 which is the exact horsepower rating for the Boss to describe rwhp with some changes and tune?

Doesn't the Boss have a few different parts than the GT and is tuned differently? To me it sounds like someone stating that they took the Mustang GT, made some changes, and now have 444hp in the boss version, but rwhp and hp were interchanged. This may not be the case, but I find it very odd that the number "444" was the one used.

Sponsored

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Honestly why are we doing this again?

Didn't we learn from obsessing over the GT mods and HP output to just wait for the official numbers. Let's just hold our horses (no pun intended) and see what Ford says the engine is capable of. Keep in mind that the hardest part of engine calibration is balancing the fuel economy and emissions with power output. A great example of this would be the 3.5 ecoboost, and how people can get 500 ft-lbs of torque of it with just a tune and intake, but stock is 365.

So how about we all just be patient and not throw unrealistic numbers around this time around? I promise that if I learn anything useful that I can disclose, I'll bring it up.

BOSS 1601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB BOSS 302
The way he worded it makes no sense. Why would one mention 444 which is the exact horsepower rating for the Boss to describe rwhp with some changes and tune?

Doesn't the Boss have a few different parts than the GT and is tuned differently? To me it sounds like someone stating that they took the Mustang GT, made some changes, and now have 444hp in the boss version, but rwhp and hp were interchanged. This may not be the case, but I find it very odd that the number "444" was the one used.
Here is a nice write up of how the Road Runner (BOSS) differs from the Coyote. I would expect nothing less from the GT 350 motor.

Attachments

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars

Didn't we learn from obsessing over the GT mods and HP output to just wait for the official numbers. Let's just hold our horses (no pun intended) and see what Ford says the engine is capable of. Keep in mind that the hardest part of engine calibration is balancing the fuel economy and emissions with power output. A great example of this would be the 3.5 ecoboost, and how people can get 500 ft-lbs of torque of it with just a tune and intake, but stock is 365.

So how about we all just be patient and not throw unrealistic numbers around this time around? I promise that if I learn anything useful that I can disclose, I'll bring it up.

Agreed

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

I agree but the internet and social media has changed everything. Speculation runs rampant for many things these days. Phones, cars, computers, etc. It's the nature of the beast.

Sponsored

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
I agree but the internet and social media has changed everything. Speculation runs rampant for many things these days. Phones, cars, computers, etc. It's the nature of the beast.
Yeah I get that, just trying to do my civic duty to slow down the speculation.

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302

Yep. 383 to 386 HP for me. Still, it did improve with age, brand new from the dealership straight to the Dyno we got a best of 367. Months later and ever since and it been consistent.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback