Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’m sure this has been covered, but at 193 pages, I’ll just ask the pros.

I have a ‘16. I’d like to get the vacuum / boost gauge functional as the 15’s did in the display. Currently only have vacuum. Also, I’d like to try to get the gear commanded shown in the display all the time. I currently have it displayed on my nGauge but I’m hoping to have it shown in the center display instead.

Forgot... digital speedo optional?

Thanks for guidance!!
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I attempted to turn off double honk on my 2020 GT500 today, but the BCM line is different than the ones on all the other mustangs. God I hop someone figures this out soon, I can not stand the double honk.

Last edited:

Kasych14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
as long as your car still has battery (11v I read), and you keep the connection to the BCM, you should be good.

however, if the write process gets fucked (battery dying, lost connection) it may fuck things up. As long as the BCM can still be connected and changed you can restore it back. I'll defer to [MENTION=23778]AngelDeath[/MENTION] for more.

afaik, these are things that the dealership can modify as well.

how do i reset data with my factory ab file ive lost some options on my sync 3

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
anyone know if its possible in forscan to have the ambient light color cycling through the colors ( possibly through mycolor)

Kevin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Replaced analog cluster with digital on a 2016. For whatever reason, the fog light indication on cluster does not show up when I turn on fog lights. Is there a fix for this? Low and high indications show up on the cluster. Thanks.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
anyone know if its possible in forscan to have the ambient light color cycling through the colors ( possibly through mycolor)
No.

As-Built data only selects which programming a particular module should follow. It does not reprogram a module. Generally the option has to be available on a vehicle that uses identical hardware. By changing the as-built data the module can act like it would if the vehicle had been optioned differently.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Go to motorcraft.com and download the asbuilt files (no charge) for your vin.
I've spent some time looking around Motorcraft.com but was not able to find the AsBuilt file. Where is it? thanks!

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

Sponsored

gj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Have been trying to activate line lock on a Australian GT, have found the ABS and IPC in the modules tab but when I click them nothing happens
I think its the ABS and IPC tabs not the As built tabs you click?
Are you supposed to click one time to highlight then click the play button which says run service functions?
Thanks.

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey guys, trying to get into Forscan. I just recently found out about it in the last couple months. I purchased a hard wired OBD connector with the hs/ms switch, due to people online saying it's a faster stronger more secure connection vs wifi/bluetooth. So my question is am I able to use my plug with the codes in this thread since its labed bluetooth/wifi forscan codes

WOZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
@thewolf5.0
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Hey guys, trying to get into Forscan. I just recently found out about it in the last couple months. I purchased a hard wired OBD connector with the hs/ms switch, due to people online saying it's a faster stronger more secure connection vs wifi/bluetooth. So my question is am I able to use my plug with the codes in this thread since its labed bluetooth/wifi forscan codes
Far from an expert but as far as I know there aren't different codes for the type of adapter you use as long as the adapter has the hs/ms switch whether it's a physical toggle or virtual. I dont believe bluetooth, hardwire or wi/fi make a difference other than I've also heard people say wi/fi may have connectivity issues. I've used two hardwired and a bluetooth unit with no issues so far.

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Far from an expert but as far as I know there aren't different codes for the type of adapter you use as long as the adapter has the hs/ms switch whether it's a physical toggle or virtual. I dont believe bluetooth, hardwire or wi/fi make a difference other than I've also heard people say wi/fi may have connectivity issues. I've used two hardwired and a bluetooth unit with no issues so far.
Excellent that's just what I wanted to hear, thank you!

Reactions: WOZ

brothersboy12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does anyone know how to disable the ambers as a parking light and when the headlights are on? I would like it to remain off unless used as a turn signal.
Sponsored