Sponsored

Misfire Counts On All Cylinders

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Really
Hoping this does it for you! That is likely my next move as well.

Got a part number for them? Where did you order from?

Thanks!
Sponsored

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I had issues very similar. I had a guy in my area that was awesome with knowledge on the coyote. My issue ended up being oil in the intake manifold, that migrated down to foul my plugs. Got new plugs, pcv valve and catch cans passenger and driver side. Havent had an issue since.

OP
OP
Fat_Joe

Fat_Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium
OP
OP
Fat_Joe

Fat_Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium
I had issues very similar. I had a guy in my area that was awesome with knowledge on the coyote. My issue ended up being oil in the intake manifold, that migrated down to foul my plugs. Got new plugs, pcv valve and catch cans passenger and driver side. Havent had an issue since.
Very interesting, I did notice quite a bit of oil residue in the old intake manifold (no catch cans). But I changed out the plugs and the original plugs looked pretty new so I don’t think fouled spark plugs is my issue. I will be getting catch cans for sure asap. But I want to fix the misfire before anything

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
When you installed the new intake did you put the injectors back on the same cylinders?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fat_Joe

Fat_Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium
When you installed the new intake did you put the injectors back on the same cylinders?
When I switched the intake manifold, I put new fuel injectors in. Same behavior as before unfortunately

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Have you looked into replacing the fuel injector wiring harness?

I have a suspicion this might be pinching or somewhat broken wire in the coil or injector system.

If you know someone that has a scope you could tap in and watch the injector or coil signals in real time.

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Very interesting, I did notice quite a bit of oil residue in the old intake manifold (no catch cans). But I changed out the plugs and the original plugs looked pretty new so I don’t think fouled spark plugs is my issue. I will be getting catch cans for sure asap. But I want to fix the misfire before anything
I dont know if you looked down the spark plug holes to see if there was any residue or oil in the holes.

OP
OP
Fat_Joe

Fat_Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium
Have you looked into replacing the fuel injector wiring harness?

I have a suspicion this might be pinching or somewhat broken wire in the coil or injector system.

If you know someone that has a scope you could tap in and watch the injector or coil signals in real time.
i might have to look into this when I put the car back together. I have the Valve covers off and waiting for parts to come in has I am also going to replace all camshaft position sensors (2 intake and 2 exhaust) along with the vct sensors It’s a waiting game at this point

OP
OP
Fat_Joe

Fat_Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium
Update.... replaced all the sensors (2 intake and 2 exhaust cam shaft sensors along with all 4 vct solenoids) annnnnnddd still misfiring under the same conditions. Even performed a crank relearn after replacing all those sensors. I feel defeated

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Crap! I was hoping that was going to fix it for you. Then is would give me some hope that that’s what my issue is.

Sucks bud. What next?

OP
OP
Fat_Joe

Fat_Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium
Crap! I was hoping that was going to fix it for you. Then is would give me some hope that that’s what my issue is.

Sucks bud. What next?
At this point, I haven’t come with a plan yet. I am running out of options. What have you done so far?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'd be suspecting an electrical issue, either wiring, grounding, or simply a bad PCM

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
At this point, I haven’t come with a plan yet. I am running out of options. What have you done so far?
New plugs. Cleaned injectors, smoke test x2, cleaned MAF, new TB, switched coils around x4, compression test, scoped the cylinders, KAM reset x3, crank relearn x4, numerous logs and mode 6 data.

Nothing makes sense. Misfires galore at idle. Nothing under strain when it is more likely too. I did see one during a pull in a log though. No cels. Lamda is excellent. STFT are fine. Same as when initial logs were done.

I do here small pops idling and have had some backfires on decel. I’m out of options as well. Was hoping the VCTs did it for you then I would have given them a go.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra