MGW RAISES THE BAR ONCE AGAIN....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
just do it....everything will be fine...just hit the button....everything is good....lol:D

George, does a person need to order the billet knob adapter as well as the shifter and knob to have everything needed to install?
Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
just do it....everything will be fine...just hit the button....everything is good....lol:D
George, as far as I'm concerned, you are the only shifter I'd consider. I run MGW shifters on my 2005, 2007, 2011, and will run it on my 2015!

Christmas time is not really a time I feel comfortable buying for myself, so I'll be looking at the very beginning of the year!

Always appreciated your tactics of releasing a product when it is complete, versus rushing to get to the market first!

I've ran Hurst, Pro50, Triax, and MGW. Nothing compares to the engineering you put forth in your design!

Wish you made dress up parts for us still!

Replacement Volume and Tune knobs? Replacement switches? Replacement Shift Bezel?

Looking to you for some top tier products in the future!

Save "resist....tempation!!!!" for other vices, not your car :D You and your beautiful car deserve it :cheers:
High praises coming from you my brother!! :cheers::cheers:

OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
George, does a person need to order the billet knob adapter as well as the shifter and knob to have everything needed to install?

If you are using your stock knob you only need the adapter and shifter.

If you use one of our knobs you do NOT need the adapter.

George

OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
George, as far as I'm concerned, you are the only shifter I'd consider. I run MGW shifters on my 2005, 2007, 2011, and will run it on my 2015!

Christmas time is not really a time I feel comfortable buying for myself, so I'll be looking at the very beginning of the year!

Always appreciated your tactics of releasing a product when it is complete, versus rushing to get to the market first!

I've ran Hurst, Pro50, Triax, and MGW. Nothing compares to the engineering you put forth in your design!

Wish you made dress up parts for us still!

Replacement Volume and Tune knobs? Replacement switches? Replacement Shift Bezel?

Looking to you for some top tier products in the future!

High praises coming from you my brother!! :cheers::cheers:

Thank you and i completely understand about Christmas!!!

George

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Just placed my order with [MENTION=10681]MGW[/MENTION] can't wait to have it installed, admittedly I was planning to buy from your competitor for the past few months, but yours is clearly the superior product. :cheers:

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Looks an amazing piece of engineering, on my list, need to get over my $2000 worth of erm...Christmas presents to myself first (that's not including all the other stuff up to Black Friday that I've purchased)

Look forward to getting one :)

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Just received notice that my shifter and knob shipped with estimated delivery date of 12/8 :headbang: Thanks to everyone at MGW for such a quick turnaround on the order :cheers:

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
is this an install you could do yourself with just jackstand or do you recommend a pro do it

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GG GT Premium with PP
is this an install you could do yourself with just jackstand or do you recommend a pro do it
Video shows you have to drop the transmission some to get some bolts out. That gives me some heartburn as I don't have a tranny jack.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
just use a floor jack. Removing the transmission mount just lets it sag a little so you can get the long support bolt out. Lot of us did it on ramps/jackstands. Took me 3.5 hours taking my time. This new design should easily knock 45 min off. Just watch the video a couple times before hand.

Sponsored

Sithel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello George,
I hope to order a shifter from you soon but wanted to be clear on the Weighted Gripper Shift Knob. Is this on the site the same? Says add on item Gripper Shift Knob, is this the weighted one or only one I should say? Also, does this just thread on like a normal knob then you back it off and line up the pattern and tighten the set screw?

Thanks!

dblizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GTPP
This will be my next purchase too. The new grip shift knob looks great but I sure would love to have one that has GT on the top. Any chance on that MGW?

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
George please make an install video of the new compact shifter. I know you have one on the transmission but an actuall install vid would be great

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
"Compact" Shifter

Received my “compact” shifter kit on Friday and installed it yesterday afternoon. Can’t say enough about this product. Shifts are precise and repeatable. A narrower gate, positive engagement, and no notchiness at all. Took it out and really flogged it this morning… 2nd to 3rd power shifts – hit ‘em every time. A kit should be in a museum, it’s an engineering and machining work of art. No problems installing with a 3½" aluminum driveshaft. Installed on an old set of Rhino ramps in the driveway.

Tips for self-install: Goes right in from the inside of the car with the MGW boot on… as advertised. Leave the transmission crossmember down until it’s test fitted, checked for reverse/1-2 shift, and re-installed with the MGW boot over the shifter. Mine was set perfect out of the box. Be certain to push the boot down completely through the floor pan hole. Raise the crossmember and torque before fitting the MGW boot to the floor plan and re-installing the console. As stated in the videos, the top 10mm bolt is a pain to remove/re-install. Just push the tailshaft to the driver’s side and pull down when removing/re-installing.

I’ve been doing mechanical design in the auto and aircraft industry for over 20 years, and I AM impressed with this product. George, you hit it out of the park with "REV 2"!

That is all…
“Skippy” ;)

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
This may very well be my next mod....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.