Sponsored

Meet my beast

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Damn, that is one nice GT350, I would be arrested in a day in that thing.
Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Lol....

I am so tired, I really would do it, but I spent literally 3 hours cleaning the car. My arms and legs are all shot.
I was only kidding, referencing the numerous requests in your "got my car" thread that everyone was asking.

Car looks great!

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Here you go, happy now? I gave her a full bath, she is all clean ready for xpel:)
Congrats on the GT350! The color looks great!

Foam cannon.
I'm not sold on the foam cannons....appears that there is a lot of soap that gets used on the car, essentially taking off and coatings / waxes? I've always used a small amount of soap when washing the car. Mostly because I hate waxing my vehicles. Appears to work on my DD and my wife's DD....they both bead water really well and haven't been waxed in almost a year.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Congrats on the ride! glad you are enjoying it as much as you are. Mine should arrive tomorrow and I have my BMW M5 loving buddy in town who has been been very skeptical about this car.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the GT350! The color looks great!

I'm not sold on the foam cannons....appears that there is a lot of soap that gets used on the car, essentially taking off and coatings / waxes? I've always used a small amount of soap when washing the car. Mostly because I hate waxing my vehicles. Appears to work on my DD and my wife's DD....they both bead water really well and haven't been waxed in almost a year.
What I don't understand is after you foam the car with the cannon then what? Do we use a hand sponge? Power washer?

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
OP, I thought you were getting an R.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
What I don't understand is after you foam the car with the cannon then what? Do we use a hand sponge? Power washer?
I just bought a package from Chemical Guys with foam gun, wash mitt and a microfiber silk edge drying towel. They have good videos up of their products and how to use them. For a soon to be first time foam gun/mitt user, it looks like you just spray and then scrub down with the mitt. Does that jive with what you guys do?

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just bought a package from Chemical Guys with foam gun, wash mitt and a microfiber silk edge drying towel. They have good videos up of their products and how to use them. For a soon to be first time foam gun/mitt user, it looks like you just spray and then scrub down with the mitt. Does that jive with what you guys do?
I googled it as well. Looks like that is the case man. I gotta get a package. What pressure washer do you use?

Sponsored

turktheripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Usually my wash process goes like this:

Pressure wash
Wash/rinse wheels
Foam cannon
Wash with two bucket method (with some of the soap still on from the foam cannon)
Pressure wash rinse
Blow out all the cracks/seams with compressed air
Dry with MF drying towels
Clean exterior windows/apply tire shine

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
I googled it as well. Looks like that is the case man. I gotta get a package. What pressure washer do you use?
I'm doing foam gun from a regular hose hook up for now. I'll see how the results are and would consider the pressure washer in the future but for now both my wife and I are on paternity leave for 3 months and rather not continue to bleed money on accessories until we are back to work and I can justify it to the wife.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm doing foam gun from a regular hose hook up for now. I'll see how the results are and would consider the pressure washer in the future but for now both my wife and I are on paternity leave for 3 months and rather not continue to bleed money on accessories until we are back to work and I can justify it to the wife.
Sounds about right! Congrats though!

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
If you want to be semi OCD, and reduce swirling/scratches as much as possible, I always followed this routine in the past:

- Rinse with pressure washer (blasts off majority of loose dirt particles)

- Foam gun entire car including wheels

- Rinse with pressure washer (foam shampoo further helps to reduce loose dirt remaining on vehicle)

- Two bucket w/grit guard; Pinnacle bodywork shampoo I use, merino wool mitt or natural sea sponge (wash one panel at a time and then rinse, you want the shampoo from the mitt/sponge to be on the car for as little time as possible, and always start on the roof, and work your way down). One of the keys is using a HIGH quality shampoo, if the shampoo does not have proper lubricants, that's how you get swirls and scratches. If there's one detailing aspect you absolutely shouldn't cheap out on, it's having a high quality shampoo. Biggest mistake most people make is using shampoos that are "wash and wax" products, and when it is labelled as doing both, it essentially means that it does a poor job at cleaning and a poor job at waxing. You really do want separate products for both your shampoo and wax. I use Pinnacle Souveran and it is unbelievable the look it gives a darker coloured car and the depth it brings out.

- Wash wheels with separate mitt or sponge after entire body has been cleaned, NEVER wash wheels first. They are often the dirtiest part of the car and you don't want that dirt to be potentially rubbed across the paint, even if you are using a two bucket method.

- I use McKees 37 car dryer, very powerful little unit and has a long 35' cord so mobility is great. Not as good as something like the Metro MasterBlaster, but it's also less than 1/2 the cost as well

- Use a white waffle weave drying towels to dry up any residual moisture, dyed towels are not as absorbent so white waffle weave works best.

These steps don't get into any fine detailing like clay bar or polish or waxing, etc. but is a good basic general outline of how to wash it properly while reducing damage as much as possible.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Congratulations to you and your wife:cheers: (would have done a smoking stogie icon but they don't have one)
Sponsored