J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
So that is SEMI OCD??? ;)
Oops :D I guess I don't consider it too bad because it is how I've always done it in the past.

You'd think I'm VERY OCD if I were to write up an entire detailing process including clay, polish, wax, interior cleaning, etc. :lol:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Congrats on the GT350! The color looks great!

I'm not sold on the foam cannons....appears that there is a lot of soap that gets used on the car, essentially taking off and coatings / waxes? I've always used a small amount of soap when washing the car. Mostly because I hate waxing my vehicles. Appears to work on my DD and my wife's DD....they both bead water really well and haven't been waxed in almost a year.
Unless your foamer is full of Dawn dishwashing liquid, a foamer will not remove any coatings/sealants from your car. It keeps the car wet longer and does not force you to dip your wash mitt into water that might already have small debris that can damage your paint.

Only using a small amount of soap increases your chances of scratching the paint in my opinion. The soap is a very good lubricant so your less likely to drag debris into your paint.
Sponsored