Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Travel Lad - That would be me for the recommendation:first:

Tell Robert that I will be booking my GT in early January & will be in touch soon to arrange. :D:D:D
Looks very good, might get my Nismo done for springtime, then my Mustang for the summer :cool:

What's their cost indication?
Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Weather looking good for the weekend by me (no rain, temps in the teens) so I am going to have a go at detailing myself - been dying to do it!

Getting a couple of bits this week but going to give the paintwork/wheels a good clean & seal;

Rinse / Snow Foam / Rinse / Shampoo / Rinse / Dry / Clay Bar / Wax

Will make sure I take some before & after pictures :)
Go for it Kristian, you can get decent results by hand, better with a DA polisher, remember to use plent of lube for the clay bar, a rich soapy water solution will suffice :thumbsup:

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
How long do Incredible Detail need the car for? I could probably find somewhere in the north east closer to home but if ID do a good job and don't take too long then I'd consider them.
1 - 2 days depending on what you are getting done.

For details and cost see the website http://www.incredibledetail.co.uk/

I was quoted circa ÂŁ600 for the full Bhuna Gtechniq treatment inc wheels and Windows etc. Thought that was reasonable for all the stuff you get and the two day treatment time.

Never used them but Captain Pug says their good so going to take the plunge. Seemed a very nice guy on the phone and website looked good.

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green EcoBoost Premium
Great Britain & European Eco Deliveries

That's a nice touch, first one I've seen. Heard rumours of the minature cars and the plaque and the note, nothing about the mug, keyring and pin (FOR ucl cars). Granted with the wait most of us are having these should be standardised as a 'good will' gesture of some sort. However nice touch none the less, and number 17 or 500, quick fingers indeed!
Merry Christmas
And Seasons Greetings from Boston / Cape Cod MA !

Since we don't speak "English" that well ( ;) ) here in Boston, can you clear up for me when you ordered your EcoBoost ....
How long do you guys have to wait to get your cars ?

Dick

(PS- 2 Mustangs ago I sold my 2005 GT Premy to a great Mustanger from Bergen Norway.. and just the boat ride took a long time- I sold it to Torgeir on Oct 7 2013, It arrived in Norway on November 26.)

Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Merry Christmas

Since we don't speak "English" that well ( ;) ) here in Boston, can you clear up for me when you ordered your EcoBoost ....

Dick

(PS- 2 Mustangs ago I sold my 2005 GT Premy to a great Mustanger from Bergen Norway.. and just the boat ride took a long time- I sold it to Torgeir on Oct 7 2013, It arrived in Norway on November 26.)
It's roughly a 12 month wait.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Merry Christmas

Dick

Seasons greetings to you Dick,

I'll put this in as simple English as I can :lol:;), I haven't got mine yet, the Signature below provides the majority of details (ordered 11th August '15, original expected delivery date 01st september 2016(wanted the new registration plates (They come new March/Sept in the UK), now estimated delivery 'In March'), most people are told it's 10-12month waiting list to receive the cars. As RHD's are 'made to spec' and usual US cars are made as 'Stock cars'.
After build we've got an estimated 12 week wait which includes the cars traveling via boat into Zebrugge, clearing customs, then travelling across the British channel into England (Southampton) and then from Southampton to our dealers (where we will pick it up from once it's been prepped).

[MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION] & [MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] maybe able to provide a better timescale as they are the two current owners of Ecoboosts that are known to me (And currently my soul purpose for jealousy and envy, wankers! :tsk:, Jokes aside.)

The full 'timescale' is detailed below and from my dealership. Some are clearing in 6 weeks, some in 12 weeks, it really does depend, but we're sticking by the 12 week guidance.

Here is the actual email:

Dear Mr Steve

Thank you for placing your order for a 2.3 EcoBoost Ford Mustang. I wanted to let you know that production of right-hand drive Mustangs has now started at our production facility in Flat Rock, Michigan, USA.

Whilst your vehicle isn’t yet scheduled for build, we hope it will be built before the end of 2015. We will be in touch with you again once an exact build date has been set.

The anticipated shipping time to our dealership is 12 weeks after vehicles have left Flat Rock.

Once your vehicle has cleared customs and is loaded onto a ship in Baltimore, Maryland, USA, we also plan to share with you the name of the vessel. This will allow you to track its progress via http://www.vesselfinder.com. Once your vehicle has reached Zeebrugge, please allow 5-6 weeks for European customs clearance and onward delivery to the UK.

We are very conscious this is a long wait. We will do our best to keep you informed and thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Many thanks

Adele Mc

Administration Manager

Tel: 0121

Direct: 0121

Fax:0121

email: [email protected] -

Last edited:

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
Merry Christmas

Dick

DIB EB fastback - Ordered 27 Jan 2015 - delivered 13 Dec 2015 :clap2:
But worth the wait :love:

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Got this box with ucl car #17-500
Keyring
Mug
Model Car
Pin Badge
Letter signed by Bill Ford
Nice Touch :D
Car got to go back into garage to get ucl plate fitted, once they work out how to remove the original without marking the dash :ford:
Very nice touch from Bill Ford. Sadly customer service and loyalty does not feature in the DNA of Ford Australia so for those of us who have Australian RHD August builds all we get is ongoing delays and excuses as to why Ford won't release our cars to the dealerships. We are into week 3 since our first ship docked in Melbourne Dec 2nd and still no Mustangs in our garages.

Merry Christmas ... enjoy your Mustangs over the festive period while our's sit in Ford Australia holding yards.

:cheers:

Sponsored

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Merry Christmas

Dick

Seasons greetings from across the pond [MENTION=16476]Dicks15Guard[/MENTION]

I have one of the limited edition champions league cars (Number 6 out of 500), it's an Ecoboost. Officially went on the pre order list in May 2014, confirmed my spec with Ford in Dec 2014, officially ordered at the dealer April 15th 2015, car built August 4th 2015, gate released September 29th 2015, left Baltimore October 22nd, arrived at my dealer November 25th. Unfortunately the paint was damaged from factory so needed a rear bumper respray, took delivery December 1st 2015.

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Blues waiting for Blue (DIB)

DIB EB fastback - Ordered 27 Jan 2015 - delivered 13 Dec 2015 :clap2:
But worth the wait :love:
Sounds corny, BUT- personally as a Mustang Guy since they first arrived- And, I mean April 15, 1965 not 2015.... ( my '15 Guard is my 17th Pony ), coinciding with my 15th B-Day.

I am REALLY GLAD you are HAPPY with you new MUSTANG !

Enjoy it in the best of health & Happy New Year !

back in 69 w. my first new one-
69 Royal Maroon Mustang & Dick 001.jpg

Last edited:

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
limited edition '15s ?

Seasons greetings from across the pond @Dicks15Guard

I have one of the limited edition champions league cars (Number 6 out of 500), it's an Ecoboost. Officially went on the pre order list in May 2014, confirmed my spec with Ford in Dec 2014, officially ordered at the dealer April 15th 2015, car built August 4th 2015, gate released September 29th 2015, left Baltimore October 22nd, arrived at my dealer November 25th. Unfortunately the paint was damaged from factory so needed a rear bumper respray, took delivery December 1st 2015.
Sounds GREAT !
Best of Luck with the new Mustang !!

PS-
In this case, I don't think it is my Boston English. I just don't know anything about "limited edition " 20i5 Mustangs beyond the Anniversary Edition in a GT.

I will try to check that out.

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
COOL PONY IMAGE !

Only photo so far!

That Pony image is NICE !..

Everybody that comes into my garage raves about that when I open the door to show them the interior.

( Still not that many on the roads in New England..MANY MORE down south like Florida where they are everywhere .. particularly because the huge amount of car rental agencies have lots of 6 cylinder 2015 and now 2016 Mustangs on the roads. )
15 Pony Hologram.jpg

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
nothing is perfect ...

Seasons greetings from across the pond @Dicks15Guard

Forgot to say, sorry about the rear bumper, but, it is fixed now, and at least you do not have to deal with the anxiety some of us have had over the "safety recall" involving potentially excess undercarriage heat in the early EcoBoost cars, like mine... Anxious about dealer techs accidentally screwing up stuff while tearing down things under the poor babies like- drive shaft, gas tanks (2) exhaust system etc... ( LOTS of discussion on our EcoBoost Forum about it.. and some guys are still refusing, or putting off the "repairs" .

ANYWAY, AGAIN, ENJOY YOUR GREAT NEW PONY !
Sponsored