Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
I'd look into a Solo performance Mach Thunder. I just got it installed and I'm extremely impressed- no drone whatsoever and it is very loud when you get on it.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
You could weld in some resonators. Alternately, and I swear this sounds crazy but it's legit, if you rotate the tips 45* so they match the curve of the valence, it drones less. (and looks cool)

Like so:

image4_zpsixdc4gf6.jpg
45 degrees? Could you get a better picture of it for me please? so 90 degrees is a quarter turn. 45 degrees would be half of that right? Would even more of a turn, let's say turning it upside down, eliminate it even more? Or perhaps a legit 90 degrees? Thanks for any answers.

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
If you want a deep (really deep) tone, go with Dynomax Mini Race Bullets. By far the deepest & loudest set up I've heard yet. They have no drone but I'm telling you they're loud! Best of all...only $25 a piece on most online sites. The video doesn't do them justice. This is mine with an X-Pipe:

[ame]

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the Race and the drone.. I knew it when I bought it, and didn't mind it. but now it kinds drive me crazy. I have been tossing around the idea of getting a used set of Roush mufflers and just cutting off these MBRP mufflers.. I don't think the Roush mufflers will mount up to the MBRP pipe with just hardware though.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Race and the drone.. I knew it when I bought it, and didn't mind it. but now it kinds drive me crazy. I have been tossing around the idea of getting a used set of Roush mufflers and just cutting off these MBRP mufflers.. I don't think the Roush mufflers will mount up to the MBRP pipe with just hardware though.
How about getting the Street axle-back and just bolting it on? I have the Race too. And I knew what I was getting in to. AT first it did bother me slightly but then I grew used to it. My 03 GT used to drone almost as bad. But now I'm getting sick of it. Mainly when I'm trying to talk on the phone and I'm on the highway. Any speed from 60-80 gives you terrible drone that just gets worse when you are on an upgrade and have to give it some gas. But I got mine for about $400 after rebates. So in a few weeks I'm gonna switch out for Solo and sell these. If I lose $200 on it then I won't really care. Maybe even a muffler delete would do the trick.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How about getting the Street axle-back and just bolting it on? I have the Race too. And I knew what I was getting in to. AT first it did bother me slightly but then I grew used to it. My 03 GT used to drone almost as bad. But now I'm getting sick of it. Mainly when I'm trying to talk on the phone and I'm on the highway. Any speed from 60-80 gives you terrible drone that just gets worse when you are on an upgrade and have to give it some gas. But I got mine for about $400 after rebates. So in a few weeks I'm gonna switch out for Solo and sell these. If I lose $200 on it then I won't really care. Maybe even a muffler delete would do the trick.

I think the street would be to quiet lol.. I LOVE Roush mufflers but I want to keep the MBRP pipes.. I found a guy that has a set of Roush mufflers for a 2015+ that has piping welded to them that might work, but he wont ship them :shrug:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the street would be to quiet lol.. I LOVE Roush mufflers but I want to keep the MBRP pipes.. I found a guy that has a set of Roush mufflers for a 2015+ that has piping welded to them that might work, but he wont ship them :shrug:
What is it with all these people selling stuff but don't wanna ship? WTF man?

Silver550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
15" Silver Premium PP
fellas, I have an Mbrp street that i want to trade for a Race. Let me know.

watchdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp premium
I have not heard the MBRP race in person, but I can attest to that the MBRP street catback is not a quiet exhaust in any way, especially above 3500rpm

Sponsored

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
If you want a deep (really deep) tone, go with Dynomax Mini Race Bullets. By far the deepest & loudest set up I've heard yet. They have no drone but I'm telling you they're loud! Best of all...only $25 a piece on most online sites. The video doesn't do them justice. This is mine with an X-Pipe:

This is your best sounding cheapest option in my opinion.
I have headers no cats & race series with h-pipe. Liked it at first like others have said but the drone is getting old plus I have this pinging sound low gear that drives my crazy after header install. I'll be putting Dynomax 24249 Race Mini Bullet Muffler right behind the headers to see what happens. Keeping the h-pipe & race series in place.

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
This is your best sounding cheapest option in my opinion.
I have headers no cats & race series with h-pipe. Liked it at first like others have said but the drone is getting old plus I have this pinging sound low gear that drives my crazy after header install. I'll be putting Dynomax 24249 Race Mini Bullet Muffler right behind the headers to see what happens. Keeping the h-pipe & race series in place.
Please keep us updated when you do. Would be interested to see what a difference the mini bullets make to the overall sound.

OrangeRush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CSGT Competition Orange
If the Race mufflers are physically smaller (shorter) than the Street mufflers, it might be possible to shoehorn resonators into the pipes. If not, you can forget it. There simply is not enough room anywhere in the system. The only way you'd get resonators into the system is by splitting the H-pipe and making new braces.

J-pipes seem to work for a lot of people with other exhaust systems that drone. I was considering going this route for my Street system (yes, it drones a little too), but ultimately it wasn't worth it. I've gotten used to the sound now.

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
Please keep us updated when you do. Would be interested to see what a difference the mini bullets make to the overall sound.
Might be going a different route but will keep an update.
Waiting to hear MBRP resonator from a forum member with the MBRP street cat back.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could weld in some resonators. Alternately, and I swear this sounds crazy but it's legit, if you rotate the tips 45* so they match the curve of the valence, it drones less. (and looks cool)

Like so:

Wonder if this really works.. It looks very nice flush like that.

-Josh
Well I gave it a shot. It took about 10 minutes to get it set up correctly. But I angled them and took it for a drive and it didn't really make a difference sad to say. I was hoping this would work so as to avoid having to get another cat-back. But I guess the only thing left for me to do now is to get a Solo Thunder cat-back since I have a vert and they are the only other ones who make a cat-back that fits. I teased myself with the idea of just welding in some resonators or something but that's a bit more than I feel like doing. So in a few weeks I'll be getting the Solo.
Sponsored