Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
They all like to spout off about the 6th Gen competing with higher level cars but it isn't attracting buyers from them. The S550 has brought a ton of new buyers to the Mustang camp and that is a reason for a lot of its success. Many people on here have commented on how they never looked at a Mustang until the S550 came out, and a lot of them were coming from European cars. The S550 is successful at doing what the 6th Gen wants to do. Sucks to suck.
Bold That is very true, there are alot of European car buyers have gotten sick of unreliable and high cost to keep Euro cars on the road. They are look for other alternative that cost less to maintain and not break down often.

Ford, got so many cars that ride like Euro and look good for everyday driving, Mustang, Focus RS, Fusion Sport, Fiesta ST, Explorer Sport. Even the low end of these cars still ride, and look very good.

Last edited:

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
They all like to spout off about the 6th Gen competing with higher level cars but it isn't attracting buyers from them. The S550 has brought a ton of new buyers to the Mustang camp and that is a reason for a lot of its success. Many people on here have commented on how they never looked at a Mustang until the S550 came out, and a lot of them were coming from European cars. The S550 is successful at doing what the 6th Gen wants to do. Sucks to suck.
I have owned Acura cars for a long time because of their quality and creature comforts. For me to buy a Mustang Ford had to set the bar high. They got it right with the S550. The aggressive European look, the 5.0 engine, creature comforts. It is truly a world class car. Our European/Aussie brothers are on waiting lists paying over MSRP for their Mustangs. Can Camaro owners say the same?

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I have owned Acura cars for a long time because of their quality and creature comforts. For me to buy a Mustang Ford had to set the bar high. They got it right with the S550. The aggressive European look, the 5.0 engine, creature comforts. It is truly a world class car. Our European/Aussie brothers are on waiting lists paying over MSRP for their Mustangs. Can Camaro owners say the same?
They can't even sell them here, never mind other countries, You will problably be at near 1000 euro per year road tax on the SS.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
My point exactly. 18 month waiting list down under. No such waiting list for Camaros. http://www.stangtv.com/?p=589502
Ford caught by surprise that mustang are so much in demand out of North America. Now Ford have option, if North America demand are slow down they can make the RHD for the rest of the world what a nice problem to have.

"Even after Ford pledged to increase Mustang output and make an additional 2,000 vehicles available for Australia, the waiting list has grown to 6,000 people, reports News.com.au. If you were to place an order today, you wouldn’t get your Mustang for at least 18 months"

" Simply put, the new Mustang is the best-selling sports car in the world with over 140,000 worldwide sales in the past year alone.

There’s still a waiting list in markets like the U.K. and China too, and unless Ford drastically increases production, these long waits may become the status quo."

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
One other thing to think about, if Chevy were targeting a lower volume, then that would be reflected in the inventory. Within 500 miles of me, there are 671 2016 Camaros available according to Cars.com. Within the same distance there are 570 2016 Mustangs available.

The data does not suggest the argument that Chevy was targeting the Camaro as a low volume seller. It would be interesting to see the data of average days that they sit at a dealer before selling, I remember the Mustang was averaging 7 or 8 for the first 6 months or so.
BOOM!!!

If there are 20,000 Camaro's on dealer lots vs. 18,000 Mustang's, that says one thing...

General Motors and Chevrolet both intended to Camaro to sell MORE examples in RETAIL vs the Mustang.

If they didn't intend on selling 10,000 RETAIL SALES a month, they would out stock the Mustang at the RETAIL LEVEL.

So, it appears they are only selling about 1/2 tof he Retail they initially intended selling.

The next issues will be:

There are too many 2016's for the dealerships to recieve more convertibles, EcoDuke 2.0's and, in a few months, the 2017's.

The 2016 will need cash back to move them, dealers will cut back 2017 Camaro orders based on the 2016 sales performance.

The MSRP increase on the '17's will alienate more customers and either push people into a Mustang, Challenger, 5th Gen or discounted '16.

The demand for the Mustang overseas has actually weakened availiblity in the US. As you can see, Ford only has a 45-50 day supply in the US. Typically, 60-80 days is the target on all stock...

At 10,000 sales a month, the Camaro would of had 60 days, HOWEVER, since they are determined to suck so bad, it looks more like 90-100 days... which is why production will be scaled back.

Will scaled back production cost them sales? Not at first... In fact, if scaled back properly and sales at least maintain, we shouldn't notice.

Although, it will prevent any sales booms BUT, I don't see any of that anyway. The product is dull and overpriced. Its merits are only magazine based and have really no value in real competitive function.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Now I'm reading over at crymaro6g that only camaro enthusiast know the 6g car is on a new platform lol. You think that might be the biggest problem and they pointed out themselves. Look at a S197 Mustang then look at the S550, everyone can tell there different!!!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Lower volume higher profit BS

Lower volume higher profit is BS. Car companies are in business to sell cars the more cars they sell the better. If your not selling cars your not making money. Mustang killed camaro before and it looks like it's going to happen again because gm is following the same sales strategy is did before over priced and low on content doing things on the cheep.

You got to sell cars to make money

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
They can't even sell them here, never mind other countries, You will problably be at near 1000 euro per year road tax on the SS.
Heck they can't even sell them to the rentals, rentals company buying from cheap cars to high expensive cars BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc.. and rent them out does it make those cars any less special then 6G Camaro?:lol::lol:

The rental getting rid of all their 2015 cars, alot of Mustangs, Camaros and every other models selling out there, and it didn't put a dent into resale value.

Sponsored

Minime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang v6, 00 Chevy cavalier 155k miles
Within the past week, I've seen three 6th generation Camaros with Rental Stickers. So, they are out there. All were Non-RS V6s 1LT.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
i saw a blacked out ss with a spoiler today, looked pretty good, but the rs/v6 ones ive seen didnt give me the same impression

Minime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang v6, 00 Chevy cavalier 155k miles
Some dealerships rent out cars and have loaners.
These particular vehicles had either the Bar codes on the rear quarter panel. Or, the "Enhance your driving experience" Bar code. Which usually resembles a actual rental-fleet vehicle.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Some dealerships rent out cars and have loaners.
As of now, AVIS is the only chain that has a contract to carry 2016 Camaro's. Hertz, Enterprise and AAFEE's (as well as AVIS) contracted the 2015 Mustang to replace a majority of aging RWD coupes.

Enterprise doesn't even offer it in the Exotic department. The Camaro was dropped in 2014. The S197 was dropped around the same time...

In other Alpha failings... the ATS will be heavily discounted, as of now. $10,000-$15,000 off MSRP. The CTS is next...

I don't believe there will be a 2018 ATS......

If Ford is STILL back filling orders Worldwide by April 2017, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt a refresh is coming in 2018.

My opinion? Try to get 4 Model Years out of the first run. With sale like this, it could be another 10 year platform.

S197 profit was responsible for the S550... I think an S650 type upgrade could be in place after MY2020. We could see a lightweight version of the S550 similar to what the Camaro/ATS has in their structure.

The Camaro is in SERIOUS trouble and anyone preaching otherwise is blowin' smoke.

June 2016 sales will probably be aweful... 20% decrease YoY, worse than May... Sales have "Stopped" on the 2016 Camaro. Without market share or profit, the Camaro is doomed to die.
Sponsored