MAPerformance: Ultimate R&D Thread | Air, Fuel, & Turbo Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
The 6466 has the .82, If I posted that the 5858 was .82 a/r I was mistaken, sorry!
I'm probably just mixing up different things I've read. :thumbsup:

Are you guys going to use the .63 for the 5862 also or the .83?
Sponsored

Saluki_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition orange ecoboost PP
Adam, since you ran the car with 5858 on it for a while. Any guess on the fuel mileage? Drastic change?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Adam, since you ran the car with 5858 on it for a while. Any guess on the fuel mileage? Drastic change?
Hard to give you an accurate measure of MPG. The car has been beat on constantly since it hit the street. I honestly don't think MPG is going to be a huge difference compared to stock, in fact because VE is dialed in more than the factory tune. MPG should be just as good as stock, if not more. When out of boost it is requiring the same amount of fuel to keep moving. Another benefit is that the car takes a little throttle to get into some boost, so the demand for fuel happens less than it would on stock turbo on part throttle driving.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Adam,

It appears that a couple other companies (Full Race, FFTEC) have all ran into fueling issues with thier turbo kits at what appears to be similar power levels as your base kit. Is there a reason or some magic why you haven't ran into fueling issues yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Adam,

It appears that a couple other companies (Full Race, FFTEC) have all ran into fueling issues with thier turbo kits at what appears to be similar power levels as your base kit. Is there a reason or some magic why you haven't ran into fueling issues yet?

Sorry on my phone getting ready to hit the hay. Check my post on the last page regarding fueling issues. I hit similar issues but was able to overcome them with magic within the Cobb software. I currently have zero problems getting the car to supply sufficient fuel, but I'm sure it's coming as we near the 500whp mark.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for replying. I can't wait till you can get to the track with your shop car and see what kind of times this puts down with that turbo.

Any guesses?? I'll throw out mine.

Mid 11's. Not sure about the MPH but I say mid 11's with the turbo setup used to make 400/400.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Thanks for replying. I can't wait till you can get to the track with your shop car and see what kind of times this puts down with that turbo.

Any guesses?? I'll throw out mine.

Mid 11's. Not sure about the MPH but I say mid 11's with the turbo setup used to make 400/400.
That might be a bit optimistic. Assuming proper track prep, sticky tires, fast shifts, stock front wheels w/ no sprung weight reduction, and nothing breaks of course...high 11's at 118 or so might be attainable. Depends on how much Adam weighs too. ;)

Basing this off a N2O WS6 I drove in '02 that made 420 to the wheels. Similar weight, more torque went 12.0s at 120...w/ 1.90 60'.

Regardless, it'll be far quick enough to surprise most people.

...Adam, has anyone offered you a peek into the SCT software to verify fueling?

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Bumping this up for more info.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
That might be a bit optimistic. Assuming proper track prep, sticky tires, fast shifts, stock front wheels w/ no sprung weight reduction, and nothing breaks of course...high 11's at 118 or so might be attainable. Depends on how much Adam weighs too. ;)

Basing this off a N2O WS6 I drove in '02 that made 420 to the wheels. Similar weight, more torque went 12.0s at 120...w/ 1.90 60'.

Regardless, it'll be far quick enough to surprise most people.

...Adam, has anyone offered you a peek into the SCT software to verify fueling?
I haven't even reached out to SCT yet, I was speaking with a gentleman last night about HP Tuners and seen the inside of their software. Not bad, but still missing some tables I would be after.

For times, we will have to wait and see. The turbo kit is off the car and is getting jigged so we can start shipping the turbo kit orders we already have payment on.

Currently our cars state is full bolt ons, stock turbo, and E85. I'll be doing Jason Justi's car tonight (15SVO) on e85, then I will be doing our car probably tomorrow or Thursday. I will be taking it to the track on Saturday.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Bumping this up for more info.

What more information did you need. I'm back in town now and will be available.

nax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red EcoStang
I'm a newbie all the way around here. I bought my EcoStang last week and stumbled upon the MAP YouTube videos, and ultimately ended up here. I've read through the entire thread here and I am drooling over the Stage 2 already.

I'm going to put 1,000 or so miles on the car before I upgrade anything, but if I wanted to bypass P1 altogether and go straight to P2, what would I need to purchase in addition to the P2 kit? The AccessPort and catback look like the obvious differences, but what else am I missing?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
I'm a newbie all the way around here. I bought my EcoStang last week and stumbled upon the MAP YouTube videos, and ultimately ended up here. I've read through the entire thread here and I am drooling over the Stage 2 already.

I'm going to put 1,000 or so miles on the car before I upgrade anything, but if I wanted to bypass P1 altogether and go straight to P2, what would I need to purchase in addition to the P2 kit? The AccessPort and catback look like the obvious differences, but what else am I missing?
For a P2 kit, you would need the following.

Turbo Kit
Accessport
Catback
Intercooler Kit

You can skip the catback if you want, but you will need the Accessport 100%. Intercooler kit I highly recommend as the factory intercooler is junk. IF you decide to do it in stages I can turn the boost down until you get the extra funds to do the intercooler and the cat-back. No issue at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.