Sponsored

MAGNETIC S550 MUSTANG Thread

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
What % on the headlights?
35% headlights and turn signals. nothing on the fog lights but i dont think it needs it.
20% windows (will probably do 35% on windshield as well )

I cant get over how amazing this makes the car look though:

424EBA0C-79C8-401C-A3F6-E33C533BB8CB_zpslpgpmmn3.jpg

B6B08DAF-A129-4AF9-9D20-9E364E725F6B_zpsvu5cikgi.jpg

58FB1E74-9510-478C-B030-3135ED6030A9_zpsh3trllkr.jpg
Sponsored

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
So, I'm prepping to order a 2018 GT PP1 or 2 (depending on what it ends up being) and I told myself that I would not get another gray car. My last 3 vehicles were gray and my current daily driver truck is gray and my recently sold (at Mecum) pro touring Chevelle was gray. I thought I was set on Lightning Blue, but after seeing this thread, I'm strongly considering Magnetic; yet another gray car... lol It's just such a great color. Looks mean, classy, never looks dated, hides dirt and scratches, etc.

Mecum.jpg

truck 2.jpg

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
I love those red center caps:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So, I'm prepping to order a 2018 GT PP1 or 2 (depending on what it ends up being) and I told myself that I would not get another gray car. My last 3 vehicles were gray and my current daily driver truck is gray and my recently sold (at Mecum) pro touring Chevelle was gray. I thought I was set on Lightning Blue, but after seeing this thread, I'm strongly considering Magnetic; yet another gray car... lol It's just such a great color. Looks mean, classy, never looks dated, hides dirt and scratches, etc.
Mecum.jpg

truck 2.jpg

Great minds think alike sir!!!
I LOVE pro-touring cars!! I would love to build one, but it's too much $$ and time. I want to go all out, all DSE stuff mostly. Mini tubbed, DSE subframe/ DSE quadra link, etc., etc.
I also have a Ram as my daily driver! :thumbsup: :cheers:

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great minds think alike sir!!!
I LOVE pro-touring cars!! I would love to build one, but it's too much $$ and time. I want to go all out, all DSE stuff mostly. Mini tubbed, DSE subframe/ DSE quadra link, etc., etc.
I also have a Ram as my daily driver! :thumbsup: :cheers:
Sweet!

It was a nice car. I owned it for 26 years; was my first car. After being stored for 20 years, I tore it apart and built it. I didn't do the body, paint or interior, but all the electrical, electronics, and mechanical. Body took a year and over 800 labor hours and the mechanical tool me 2 years. Won a bunch of shows, drove like a modern car, but wore me out. Cruising around and hanging out at car shows got boring. Was time to let it go and put some cash back in the bank. Only got a little more than half the cash back, but that will find the mustang which I will be able to enjoy more with less worry... lol

All my suspension was UMI. Great stuff, made in the USA in PA.

FB_IMG_1476849562111.jpg

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Sweet!
It was a nice car. I owned it for 26 years; was my first car. After being stored for 20 years, I tore it apart and built it. I didn't do the body, paint or interior, but all the electrical, electronics, and mechanical. Body took a year and over 800 labor hours and the mechanical tool me 2 years. Won a bunch of shows, drove like a modern car, but wore me out. Cruising around and hanging out at car shows got boring. Was time to let it go and put some cash back in the bank. Only got a little more than half the cash back, but that will find the mustang which I will be able to enjoy more with less worry... lol
All my suspension was UMI. Great stuff, made in the USA in PA.
FB_IMG_1476849562111.jpg
Gorgeous car man. SO nice.

Yeah,....I'd much rather have a pro-touring '69 Camaro/'70 Chevelle or '70 Camaro than a modern day muscle car, but it's too much money. (Way more than a brand new GT350R and those are going for about 100K brand new.)
The LSx engine alone would probably be about 15-20K, DSE suspension is about 14K. LOL :lol: :crazy: :lol: Never mind the bodywork/paint/interior and all the other stuff.

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gorgeous car man. SO nice.

Yeah,....I'd much rather have a pro-touring '69 Camaro/'70 Chevelle or '70 Camaro than a modern day muscle car, but it's too much money. (Way more than a brand new GT350R and those are going for about 100K brand new.)
The LSx engine alone would probably be about 15-20K, DSE suspension is about 14K. LOL :lol: :crazy: :lol: Never mind the bodywork/paint/interior and all the other stuff.
I did all the mechanical and electrical myself and I spent ~70k on the car in parts and paint and body labor. You can get LS engines for cheap. I found mine out if a salvage vehicle with 900 miles on it for 3 grand plus another few grand for custom cam, lifters, valve springs, pushrods, rockers, custom engine harness, intake, drive by wire gas pedal and throttle body, fuel rails, injectors, and lots of time on the dyno for a custom tune. Everything else on the car was brand new. The wheels were custom one off forged 3 piece wheels I had fabricated for the car to ensure exact offsets and etc.

Hard to let it go, but it was not practical unless you just like cruises and car shows. I'd like to have a bit more fun with a lot less worry. At least with a modern muscle car, if ya get a rock chip or trash a fender, you just make a trip to the parts office at the dealership. Lol

Nothing like having hordes of people stand around your car though taking pictures and etc and the ability to say that you designed and built it instead of a robot on an assembly line.

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Was trying out a new wide angle lens earlier but only snapped a few pictures before i realized i was out of battery and didn't have my full bag with the spare :doh:

hnzln3.jpg

HVHZhO.jpg

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
great looking car. awesome photography. way to focus on the car and not the background. nice Work wheels.

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
great looking car. awesome photography. way to focus on the car and not the background. nice Work wheels.
Thanks, i really appreciate it.
Sponsored