Sponsored

Magnetic Infinity Machine - 2016 GT Prem Auto Build

Ratkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE #1681
This is my next purchase, but I'm concerned the steel ball would get blazing hot when in the sun. Am I correct?
Sponsored

NZmuzzy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Really enjoying reading the journey your going through. Keep it up, especially enjoying your reasoning side.

(PS, I'm doing almost the same as you but with reverse logic, yes I am part of the dark out magnetic group but that's me before my muzzy)

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nice Mods.
I would have left my emblems chrome but they came blacked out from the factory.

Herb

OP
OP
Aurum

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I took the plunge and ordered an all-black leather wrapped GT350 wheel from [MENTION=25687]Beith Performance Parts.[/MENTION] Here's my impressions (and some photos) of the new "steering" experience.

pic1.jpg

Why did I decide to upgrade?
It takes a special type of person to blow hundreds of dollars on a wheel. I was that person for two reasons:
1.) I really hated the stock wheel because the leather quality felt vinyl-like and cheap
2.) I have large hands and the wheel's thinness just didn't gel with the S550's otherwise amazing interior aesthetic.

In a nutshell, the tactile feel of the wheel is really important for me and the stock detracted from the style I wanted. In addition, the wheel is the part of the car I touch and interact with the most so upgrading it (despite the cost) was a no brainer.

Bottom Line:
This is the wheel that should have come with the car in the first place. It's the type of wheel that was made to control a car that has 435HP.

What I love about the wheel:
- Great quality leather that makes me wish my seats were wrapped in the same material.
- Solid craftsmanship and very sturdy construction
- Fantastic design. Seriously. Thicker all around the circumference, flat thickened bottom, significantly bolstered at the 10/2 o'clock positions, subtle racing stripe down the top center. Love, love, love every aspect of it. And it doesn't hurt that it looks absolutely sick (already got a compliment this weekend when I had to valet park the car)
- Installation was a breeze.
- Communication with Beith was easy, fast, and professional as you'd expect. I like the exchange program they offer (sending in my OEM wheel for a small refund).

What I dislike about the wheel:
- There's a pronounced indentation mark at the 8 o'clock position where the wheel could have been wrapped better. Something hard or metallic is causing the leather to rise and is fairly noticeable in all light situations (I'm hoping a leather conditioning treatment will make it less apparent). It's the only noticeable flaw if you have OCD tendencies (or expect a custom hand-made leather product to be 100% flawless for the price point).

I'll update the thread periodically and report any signs of wear. Overall, glad I took the plunge!

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

OP
OP
Aurum

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well, it's been almost a year since I updated this log.

Here's what's I've added in the past year:

- Ford Performance Pack 2 (Shelby GT350 Throttle Body, Cold Air Intake, and a tune)
- Ford Performance Track & Shock Kit
- BMR Cradle Lockout Kit (CB005)
- Steeda Min Drop Springs
- Steeda Rear Billet Shock Mount
- RTR Front/Lower Grille (sans LED lights)
- California Special Chin Splitter
- Ford Performance GT350R Strut Tower + Lower K Brace
- Ford Performance Blue Coil Covers (because they add a solid 1-2hp because of the color)
- Ford Performance Radiator Cover

And I got into an non-offensive accident. That was fun. But it was a good excuse to buy some more parts.

I'll go through and add some notes/impressions on each of the above (especially the suspension overhaul aka the "BmacIL special").

In the meantime, here's some pictures of where we stand.

IMG_20190328_185411.jpg

IMG_20190331_161526.jpg

MVIMG_20190331_160740.jpg

IMG_20190321_233355.jpg
Sponsored