Sponsored

Magnaflow vs Borla

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
That's what I don't get. I have long tubes and off road X pipes on mine with stock mufflers for the time being. Some that seen and heard my YouTube videos say they don't like the rasp. If you don't like the rasp then you never liked the sound even stock. My car still sounds stock but slightly louder when full throttle in sport mode. In normal mode it sounds exactly the same as stock in normal mode. I can't wait to hear Borlas. If they don't like rasp, they shouldn't be removing the resonators on the non R. Exhaust notes are like music. Some like rock some don't. Some like country some like rap. It's just a preference. I do not want my car to sound like a typical American V8 and it doesn't. Hearing it in person and videos isn't the same.
Once cats are removed the sound changes in all modes. That would be the same for headers too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Once cats are removed the sound changes in all modes. That would be the same for headers too.
Yeah it sounds better. Catless didn't make the rasp. I have both X pipes.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
That's what I don't get. I have long tubes and off road X pipes on mine with stock mufflers for the time being. Some that seen and heard my YouTube videos say they don't like the rasp. If you don't like the rasp then you never liked the sound even stock. My car still sounds stock but slightly louder when full throttle in sport mode. In normal mode it sounds exactly the same as stock in normal mode. I can't wait to hear Borlas. If they don't like rasp, they shouldn't be removing the resonators on the non R. Exhaust notes are like music. Some like rock some don't. Some like country some like rap. It's just a preference. I do not want my car to sound like a typical American V8 and it doesn't. Hearing it in person and videos isn't the same.
The Voodoo has ruined me. No other American car sounds as good to me. Exotic sounds don't do anything for me either, because they basically had an unlimited budget to make their engines sound amazing.

I couldn't believe Ford, let anyone any car company developing and offering an engine of this caliber, at the insane price point that it did. It's absolutely baffling. First time in my life I said FUCK IT, IM GETTING THAT! Resonators go out first thing I get it.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The Voodoo has ruined me. No other American car sounds as good to me. Exotic sounds don't do anything for me either, because they basically had an unlimited budget to make their engines sound amazing.

I couldn't believe Ford, let anyone any car company developing and offering an engine of this caliber, at the insane price point that it did. It's absolutely baffling. First time in my life I said FUCK IT, IM GETTING THAT! Resonators go out first thing I get it.
I agree 100%. Nothing sounds better then the voodoo 5.2. Why in the world would you want to try and make it sound like a typical American V8? I don't get it. I love the rasp and high pitch sound. As does everyone else that's heard my car in person. At WOT it sounds amazing!

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I agree 100%. Nothing sounds better then the voodoo 5.2. Why in the world would you want to try and make it sound like a typical American V8? I don't get it. I love the rasp and high pitch sound. As does everyone else that's heard my car in person. At WOT it sounds amazing!
The Rasp is very clearly pronounced with headers and an aftermarket exhaust.

The rasp went away when i installed the magnaflow with the factory headers. I was pretty disappointed, BUT it came right back, with an even stronger fury once i put the kooks on. I am really in love with the sound from the kooks/magnaflow combo. it is seriously intoxicating and video/sound clips don't do it any justice at all.

The only thing that I'll say is that it is taking a while for the computer to re-learn. it hits a little bit of a lean condition when coming from 4K + RPMs back down to idle. It runs a bit rich in the upper RPMs as well.

BUT i am running the kooks green cats and i do not have any CELs.

net/net, after i take car of a slight interference issue with the exhaust, it will be perfect.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
The Rasp is very clearly pronounced with headers and an aftermarket exhaust.

The rasp went away when i installed the magnaflow with the factory headers. I was pretty disappointed, BUT it came right back, with an even stronger fury once i put the kooks on. I am really in love with the sound from the kooks/magnaflow combo. it is seriously intoxicating and video/sound clips don't do it any justice at all.

The only thing that I'll say is that it is taking a while for the computer to re-learn. it hits a little bit of a lean condition when coming from 4K + RPMs back down to idle. It runs a bit rich in the upper RPMs as well.

BUT i am running the kooks green cats and i do not have any CELs.

net/net, after i take car of a slight interference issue with the exhaust, it will be perfect.
Do you have any sound clips available? I'd love to hear it(even if it doesn't do it justice)

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any sound clips available? I'd love to hear it(even if it doesn't do it justice)
the only device i have to attempt to record with is my cellphone. i tried and its not really a great representation of what it sounds like.

Perhaps at the next cars and coffee down here, one of the other forum members will bring a camera with a better mic that we can do a comparison vid with.

Else i can make an attempt to record the sound of the car with my phone.

the other disclaimer is that free-revving the car in my garage , also does not do it any justice. :headbonk:

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
the only device i have to attempt to record with is my cellphone. i tried and its not really a great representation of what it sounds like.

Perhaps at the next cars and coffee down here, one of the other forum members will bring a camera with a better mic that we can do a comparison vid with.

Else i can make an attempt to record the sound of the car with my phone.

the other disclaimer is that free-revving the car in my garage , also does not do it any justice. :headbonk:
I agree. On all of the videos I've done were on my Apple iPhone 6+ S. No camera or mic will do it justice. Its something that needs to be experienced in person.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I agree. On all of the videos I've done were on my Apple iPhone 6+ S. No camera or mic will do it justice. Its something that needs to be experienced in person.
fixed my interference issue and tried to take a video. in sport mode it is so raspy and loud that the mediocre microphone just gets completely washed out and you cant tell what is going on.

the only thing left is wishing that the gates in the magnaflow mufflers didnt buzz until they warm up. super annoying.

sent an email to magnaflow twice, no response. thanks for the wonderful customer service magnaflow. :frusty:

Whatever. I'll just take them apart again and fix it myself since they are completely uninterested in helping.

Sponsored

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
fixed my interference issue and tried to take a video. in sport mode it is so raspy and loud that the mediocre microphone just gets completely washed out and you cant tell what is going on.

the only thing left is wishing that the gates in the magnaflow mufflers didnt buzz until they warm up. super annoying.

sent an email to magnaflow twice, no response. thanks for the wonderful customer service magnaflow. :frusty:

Whatever. I'll just take them apart again and fix it myself since they are completely uninterested in helping.
Our apologies for not responding. We receive a large volume of emails everyday, and our support team is working as hard as they can to answer all of them in the order received. We are also in the middle of moving our entire office headquarters to a new location. Please give us a call at 1-800-990-0905 any time during the week from 7am-5pm pst so that we can assist you!

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
Not sure when the "Ford Performance By Borla" system or the "Shelby" system will be available but the "Borla" system will be available within 2 weeks.

How's it looking? [MENTION=23056]david borla[/MENTION]