Sponsored

Lund tune/build thread (2nd attempt)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Jon Lund Sr. sent my revised tune with everything gas pedal reset to factory Ford stock. He fixed it, car drives like a factory car until you go wot or punch it. :)
Sponsored

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Jon Lund Sr. sent my revised tune with everything gas pedal reset to factory Ford stock. He fixed it, car drives like a factory car until you go wot or punch it. :)
Glad to hear that gibbo! So are you going to stick with the Lund tune now?

I had an email back from Lund over night asking what fuel I am using... They didn't specifically say it is bad, but sounding like fuel quality in Australia may be an issue.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear that gibbo! So are you going to stick with the Lund tune now?

I had an email back from Lund over night asking what fuel I am using... They didn't specifically say it is bad, but sounding like fuel quality in Australia may be an issue.

Well I think so, no idea how it drives cold on GT 350 TB, but he revised my stock throttle body tune as well to drive like stock.

Will try JDM when I get the revision as their tune does have no rev hang (does not bother me anyway) and no lift shifting enabled.

Good thing about Lund tune is I know it makes huge power due to having 32 degrees timing as they truly customed tuned it for me. :)

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well I think so, no idea how it drives cold on GT 350 TB, but he revised my stock throttle body tune as well to drive like stock.

Will try JDM when I get the revision as their tune does have no rev hang (does not bother me anyway) and no lift shifting enabled.

Good thing about Lund tune is I know it makes huge power due to having 32 degrees timing as they truly customed tuned it for me. :)
So you're on stock TB at the moment I take it?
I reckon mine is "slightly" better.
Getting rid of the false knock I have will be the real test. Until the timing is able to stabilise, it's likely to be a bit of a pig. Could be totally wrong.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you're on stock TB at the moment I take it?
I reckon mine is "slightly" better.
Getting rid of the false knock I have will be the real test. Until the timing is able to stabilise, it's likely to be a bit of a pig. Could be totally wrong.
I am on 350TB. :)

But as it was a new tune and I had returned to stock tune, car had to be warmed up first due to wanting crank re-learn.

I went for a drive in -5c icy/wet conditions and it was much smoother and was not touchy at all, even 1st gear, drove like a bone stock car on the 350TB.

What I was saying is he also modified my tune for the stock TB in case I ever refitted it for whatever reason.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am on 350TB. :)

But as it was a new tune and I had returned to stock tune, car had to be warmed up first due to wanting crank re-learn.

I went for a drive in -5c icy/wet conditions and it was much smoother and was not touchy at all, even 1st gear, drove like a bone stock car on the 350TB.

What I was saying is he also modified my tune for the stock TB in case I ever refitted it for whatever reason.
Ahh, I see. Cool.
I'm guessing that kind of weather makes for interesting 500HP RWD...:headbang:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh, I see. Cool.
I'm guessing that kind of weather makes for interesting 500HP RWD...:headbang:
Yeah trying to go WOT in 2nd and 3rd, you gotta pick the right spots in the road that have not sweated and turned icy/greasy otherwise its just a lot of wheelspin.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah trying to go WOT in 2nd and 3rd, you gotta pick the right spots in the road that have not sweated and turned icy/greasy otherwise its just a lot of wheelspin.
Mental note "MUST go to UK and find these treacherous wheelspin-mongers" :ninja:

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My limiter is set at 7500, sometimes i've hit it and she lets out a sweet sound like a gunshot lol. I'm curious how well the oil pump can keep up with 8-8.3k rev limits though.
Oil pump gears seem to be a really common upgrade on supercharged cars in the states!

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Jack110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT fastback manual triple yellow
Hey Burkey, so my nguage has arrived in the mail direct from Lund but no instructions on what to do next.....was yours the same? no paperwork at all?
My setup is gradually arriving, money spent just waiting on the postie.....di Filippo ceramic coated stainless headers, stainless works retro lmf catback, steeda CAI, vogtland sportplus springs, mmd hood scoop, side scoops and qtr panel louvres.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Burkey, so my nguage has arrived in the mail direct from Lund but no instructions on what to do next.....was yours the same? no paperwork at all?
My setup is gradually arriving, money spent just waiting on the postie.....di Filippo ceramic coated stainless headers, stainless works retro lmf catback, steeda CAI, vogtland sportplus springs, mmd hood scoop, side scoops and qtr panel louvres.
Hi Jack, yup, that's totally normal.
Here's how to flash the tune to your car:

Here's how to datalog:

I'd suggest you check the datalog file/s BEFORE you attempt to log. 2 out of the 3 Ngauge I've been privy to didn't have the log file there. Luckily we were able to email it to one another. :headbonk:

On the subject of datalogging -
What they want is:
Warm car, then commence datalog.
2 minutes of idle, 2 minutes of "normal" driving and then 3 x 3rd gear WOT pulls from 2,500rpm - 7,200rpm.
It's that simple.
:cheers:

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Nice! :clap2:

One question m8 - I can see that you have the under-spray as well.
I thought they spray the under-body for EU market?

Anyways. Mine was imported from Mexico and came without any coating there whatsoever.
I use it as DD also in winter so I had to have the under-body sprayed. Decided to go with clear wax option:

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! :clap2:

One question m8 - I can see that you have the under-spray as well.
I thought they spray the under-body for EU market?

Anyways. Mine was imported from Mexico and came without any coating there whatsoever.
I use it as DD also in winter so I had to have the under-body sprayed. Decided to go with clear wax option:

Yes, we get the messy underbody treatment here in Oz.
I have a question for you though... what the hell is going on with this bottleneck?
IMG_1605.JPG
Sponsored